April 2019 Moms
Options

Morning sickness getting WORSE

victoriaada07victoriaada07 member
edited December 2018 in April 2019 Moms
I am 20 weeks (tomorrow)  and it SEEMS Like my morning sickness is getting WORSE. I was doing pretty okay weeks 15 to 18, with only vomiting once,  sometimes twice a day.  (which was down from throwing up like 5 times a day at minimum)  now I'm back to not being able to eat without feeling nauseous  and throwing up like 4 times a day.  Is anyone else dealing with this?  I have been told it's not HG  but I'm not so sure about the dr being right on that one.  

Answers

• Options
    I have been very blessed in this department. Only a few bouts of morning sickness. I know id be upset if I felt like my doctor was shrugging off such an uncomfortable pregnancy symptom. Will they not offer you any nausea medications unless it's diagnosed as HG?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    While my morning sickness hasn't been as severe as you're describing, I, too, went through a decent phase - prob about weeks 14 - 18 where I puked maybe twice the whole time to weeks 18 - 21 where I was puking 3-4 times a week and feeling way more nauseous than before. Then, all of a sudden I'm feeling much better (I'm about 23 weeks). I have heard of people having good weeks only to have a bad week the best time - not to downplay how you're feeling though! If you're not on anti nausea medicine it really sounds like you should be!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And......I puked my guts out this morning. So there's that.
  • Options
    Mine got better once I hit the second trimester, but I do have episodes of random vomiting with no warning now. Hoping that will pass. I’d recommend asking your dr about medication. I had horrible nausea in the first tri to the point I couldn’t function without a trash can attached to me. I got a handful of samples of diclegis from my OB ( the script is like $750) which got me through a few weeks. 
  • Options
    victoriaada07victoriaada07 member
    edited December 2018
    My Dr has tried zofran and phenogran (sp?)  but neither one seem to help.  And I am afraid to take them very often since neither are actually proven safe in pregnancy.  This is my rainbow baby  and I don't want to do anything to hurt him or risk losing him.  Can you ladies suggest any natural remedies  
  • Options
    Ginger hard candies helped me when I had MS early on. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Anything with simple sugar will help. Lemonheads, peppermints, jolly ranchers, etc. Carbs and simple sugars are your friends and stay as hydrated as you can. I still vomit occasionally, sometimes it just works out that way unfortunately.

You got this!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @victoriaada07 agree with what @lin0442 said. Your doctor won't prescribe anything that is not safe and many women take both of those medications. Some women do experience MS throughout their entire pregnancy and you just may be one of the unlucky few. Hopefully the medicine will start to work.
  • Options
    Ginger candies, ginger tea, saltines, peppermint gum helped me, and soda or sparkling water. 

Diclegis is perfectly safe to take as well. It’s just unisom and vitamin b6 which are both pregnancy safe. 
  • Options
    @victoriaada07 *lurking* I just wanted to reach out to you as I'm almost 27 weeks and deal with ms still. This too is my rainbow baby, and I was very nervous when my mfm Dr prescribed zofran. He also explained that what research had showed that it could lead to heart defects, but by the point of my pregnancy (13 weeks), when he prescribed it, the heart was already fully formed. This helped me feel better about taking it and at the fetal echo the heart looked great. I hope the ms gets better for you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq