July 2019 Moms
Options

Bras!

Has anyone bought a new bra yet? I feel like I'm busting out of my old ones and they just aren't supporting me enough! I'm a FTM so I'm not sure what I should get right now? Just go up a couple sizes? Buy a maternity/nursing bra?? Help!!

Re: Bras!

• Options
    Last time, I bought a bunch of cheap nursing bras off of Amazon and they worked well throughout my entire pregnancy and nursing! They were comfortable and grew with me.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightly-Wirefree-Maternity-Breastfeeding-Pink-Black-Beige/dp/B01EFNPD7W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544541435&sr=8-6&keywords=nursing+bra
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am no help but just here to say OMG. I need something. It’s hilarious only not the funny kind of hilarious. More the sarcastic version. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited December 2018
    Depending on how chesty you are,  this may or may not work.  I just got stretchy maternity bras (sized s/m/l even) from h&m. Comfy, grew with me, came back down for me when my supply related and I got less engorged and overall decent -I'm still wearing them and ds is 15 months old (still nursing). 

Edit: pre pregnancy I was a 38B or 34C depending on brand.  I was at a 32D at one point,  now 32B probably (idk I avoid real bras 😂)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    edited December 2018
    tsa208 said:
    Last time, I bought a bunch of cheap nursing bras off of Amazon and they worked well throughout my entire pregnancy and nursing! They were comfortable and grew with me.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightly-Wirefree-Maternity-Breastfeeding-Pink-Black-Beige/dp/B01EFNPD7W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544541435&sr=8-6&keywords=nursing+bra
    @tsa208 Those look so comfy!! Do the support well? And did they give you a decent...um...shape?!? No one wants a uniboob 😂😂 😂 Also, it's not weird to be wearing a nursing bra so early in pregnancy? And do they stay hooked well, like they don't come randomly unhooked?

@Happyin14 RIGHT?!? I have never been chesty (34b currently) and this insane growing is unchartered territory for me!

• Options
     :D  The arrival of the Titty Fairy and my nursing boobs are one of the things I love best about this whole process! I'm a 38D/40C in everyday life. With my first 11 years ago I was a 42F when I came home from the hospital. When my stomach went down a bit I had these huge full high breasts (filled up with milk) and told my DH if I didn't feel like such ass I would demand we get dressed up and go somewhere because these were the best tits I had ever had! Happened again with my second. Glorious beautiful big round boobs. I loved them. I still miss them. Post nursing I am no longer glorious or full, and without proper engineering and construction my breasts definitely don't stand tall anymore. Some day I will get myself a mommy makeover to lift and tuck a few things to make me feel happy and good about myself. 

• Options
    Does your starting cup size guide when you start to grow? I'm 9+1 and my boobs are definitely fuller and heavier, but I don't feel like my bras are too small yet. I'm usually a 36D and don't feel like I'm spilling out or anything yet. They're still comfortable too. I did lose about 25 lbs prior to getting pregnant so I probably should have gotten smaller bras, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
  • Options
    @cindler, everyone is different. I didn’t need new bras with my first until after delivery and I was nursing. With subsequent, things just “come back” faster. If you are good, wait! You’ll be able to more accurately guess the size you need later on. 

@firsttimemommy0715, I don’t think so! No one will know and they are pretty sturdy. Also, better than buying bigger bras and then just needing nursing bras later. Nursing bras aren’t cheap! 
  • Options
    @cindler I'm 8+4 and pre- pregnancy bra size was 34B. I've been feeling for about a week like I'm spilling out the top of my bra and the band feels too tight . Maybe because I'm not very chesty to begin with it's more noticeable or something??
  • Options
    @firsttimemommy0719 I was a 34B/C before pregnancy and they supported me fine. Not as flattering as my "real" bras, but they did the trick. Mainly they were just comfy and supported me all the way up several cup sizes.

First time around, my boobs got very big very fast. When I told my boss I was pregnant at 7 weeks, she said she knew already because my boobs got huge!  :D  This time around, I'm almost 11 weeks and my boobs are a little bit fuller, but I'm 100% fine in my usual bra. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tsa208 Sounds like we were the same size before first pregnancy! I think you all have convinced me to just go with a nursing/maternity bra. I feel the same way you did during your first, they are getting huge so fast! So do maternity bras mostly come in like s,m,l sizes? How did you know what size to go with so it supported you several sizes?
  • Options
    I wear a 34B normally and went to a 36c while pregnant and breastfeeding last time. I got bras without underwires because I hated the nursing bras. I felt like they made my boobs look like they were a weird shape. I just got some like this and they worked all through pregnancy and a year of breastfeeding.
  • Options
    @tsa208 Sounds like we were the same size before first pregnancy! I think you all have convinced me to just go with a nursing/maternity bra. I feel the same way you did during your first, they are getting huge so fast! So do maternity bras mostly come in like s,m,l sizes? How did you know what size to go with so it supported you several sizes?
    For the specific ones I posted: 

Size:S,M.L,XL.(updates on March 31, 2017)
    Size S Fit 32BC 30CD 34AB
    Size M Fit 34BC 32CD 36AB
    Size L Fit 36BC 34CD 38AB
    Size XL Fit 38BC 36CD 40AB

They really cover a lot of sizes - there are like 6 sets of hooks and adjusting the straps gives a lot of flexibility. I got a medium and it worked for me. At $25 for 3 bras, I couldn't go wrong.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Niesen27Niesen27 member
    edited December 2018
    I don't have much for options in my area so I got mine from Target and they worked pretty well. I prefer the sports bra style best right after he was born and literally everything hurt but once you start wanting to go out in public they had a really nice push up versions. They snap down and the clips are very secure but easy to manage when you have a crying hungry newborn. Whatever you do though avoid really tight or too restrictive bras because that increases your chance for Mastitis! I would rather die than go through that again!

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-full-coverage-lace-bra-gilligan-and-o-malley-174/-/A-50748128
  • Options
    hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited December 2018
    Love all the options.  I'm 11+1 now. Pre-pregnancy, I was a 34B, occasionally 36A.  Now the 34Cs I just bought are too small.  I've taken to wearing sports bras, but even those are getting uncomfortably tight.
  • Options
    I really liked the Cake Maternity bras for comfort and decent range of sizes. I wore this one from 6 months onward and it was great under just about everything:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BTHS15I/
  • Options
    Bear14+Bear14+ member
    edited December 2018
    I second @mamanbebe ... I loved Cake bras and lived in them for forever 3rd tri and breastfeeding. I liked this style too it was more of a sports bra which was nice around the house...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B86D3QS/ref=twister_B00D833LGQ?th=1
  • Options
    @Bear14+ That one looks so cozy! 
  • Options
    I went to a maternity store and let the sales girl tell me what I needed. I did the same when BFing. I didn't go up a cup size last time. I just got fuller and firmer. I went from 34B to a 36B during pregnancy and stayed at a 36B while BFing. I'm wearing my nursing bras now because I can't find my maternity bras and I love my nursing bras. They just look like regular bras but more coverage, a little more padded, no underwire, and of course the little clasps for easy access.
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited December 2018
    Ugh this is definitely becoming an issue for me too. 32DD pre-pregnancy and I can only BARELY fit in my bras that were too large to begin with. I feel like I often need a lot of support (although I feel like they’re more firm now!), while also not squishing them since they’re sore. 

Do they just keep getting bigger throughout pregnancy, or does it eventually level out at least temporarily? I have no clue what size to buy now, unless I just get slightly bigger cheaper ones as I go. Ahh! 

Edit: I am currently 10+2
  • Options
    @shawnacrest what brand is that one you posted?
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    edited December 2018
    I learned from last time. I wouldn't buy expensive nursing bras yet. Buy something bigger and cheap. Boobs aren't  done growing yet. I ended up having to buy 3 different sizes by the time my son was born. I regret going to the Pea and the Pod and buying nice bras and outgrowing them by the end of the trimester. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 It is warner's elements of bliss