March 2019 Moms

[Trying to Stay] Fit Mama Monday 12/10

How goes it ladies?!   :)

Re: [Trying to Stay] Fit Mama Monday 12/10

• Last week all I did was my fit4baby class, but this morning I got a short leg workout in so it's a better start! 
  • @abbykwail I'm going for my fit4baby class in less than 2h, it's always the highlight of my week in terms of working out!
    And I had an active weekend, I walked a lot and still felt good, so I hope this is a trend and I can keep at it until the end. I'll also try to squeeze in 1-2 mile walks during my lunch breaks, if the weather cooperates.
  • Loading the player...
  • I made it to the gym Thursday and Sunday after getting my exercise restriction lifted last week. 

I made it about 15 seconds on the treadmill before I realized running was no longer happening for me. My entire stomach seized up into a ball, even with a support belt.  I am officially a power walker on an incline. I also had to barrel roll off of a bench after a bench press. My rowing form has also taken an interesting turn!  

And I am extra sore after not working out in a month and all the added weight from the pregnancy, but so, so happy to be able to move again!  
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Welcome to the former-runner-turned-power-walker club! Glad you enjoyed your first week back! 

I made it to the the gym for 2 elliptical/weight lifting sessions, and kept up with my daily 2-3 mile walks. I took a long walk yesterday and had really bad BH the whole time. I think my body is trying to tell me to take a few more rest days so I took the day off today and will get back at it tomorrow.

Also I am deep into holiday cookie baking and I am not doing a great job staying out of the cookies. It’s funny because if I wasn’t pregnant I would eat cookies at the holidays, go for a run, and not think twice about it, but when I know what I am eating directly effects the baby I feel all bad about the cookies. Go figure. 
  • @mihaelams1 I love my fit4baby class, too!!! Mine is on Thursdays and I wish they had it more than once a week!! But I feel like it's the only time I get a whole hour in rather than 15-20 min. And there are currently 2 other girls so it's nice to make friends and get as much support from the teacher as we need!

Last week one of the girls visited someone from fit4baby who had her baby before I joined - - the girl who had her baby went her whole pregnancy and her last class ended up being 2 days before she delivered (followed by a 3 mile walk the next day) and had a 4 hr birth. That sounds great to me!! 
  • @maggiemadeit yes - I feel so much more guilty about indulging in sweets when pregnant (not that I haven’t been...) because it affects baby and because I’m not running.
    AFM I’ve fallen off the working out wagon hard... between crappy cold, rainy weather and DS having a nasty cough I haven’t been for a walk in over 2 weeks. 😖 did manage a couple of yoga videos last week and one tonight, but feeling like a slug for not walking (and weather continues to look awful, so I have no idea when I get to go for another walk...) trying to move and do some weights at least.
  • Yoga is drop-in right now, but I went last week. I was the only person, so I got a personal one-on-one session. Still planning to go the next two weeks until the new session starts in January. I am slowing down so much. I am still trying to watch what I eat but candy is so good! I also plan to try and keep doing some yoga a couple days a week at home. Walking is starting to become uncomfortable, so I think I'll focus on continuing yoga and doing some strength training from here on out.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @abbykwail My local fit4mom franchise is huge! There are a ton of classes to choose from, and they have 3 weekly slots for fit4baby, but unfortunately the other two aren't as convenient. We were 7 tonight, and 4 of us are due in March + my due date buddy who didn't come today. It's always lots of fun!
  • Worked out in the actual gym 3 days with light weights and cardio, plus went Christmas shopping which was exhausting so I am counting that as a workout. Haha. I am with everyone on the sweets guilt, but I am struggling to say no when the opportunity presents itself. Other than that, the diet is going well and weight gain is in check. Feeling pretty good this week!
  • Trying is the operative word, as usual I’m failing. Too much toddlering, too little energy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Complete and utter fail on the structured workout front. Does painting the house count? We did a lot of that this weekend.... otherwise, my most active was making cookie dough for the neighbor cookie boxes. :cry: 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 - absolutely! Those arm muscles will say thank you! We moved a year ago and I did most of the painting, because we discovered I was way more accurate than DH even if he had experience and I didn't...
  • Also don't forget shoulders and back are included in painting!!! Lower body too, if you are getting up and down off a chair/step stool/ladder a bunch! 
  • Crazy couple of weeks here but I've been doing SO much better mentally when I get something related to a workout in. The coaching club I belong to is doing a holiday hustle (1 minute exercise for each day of the month, but like the 12 days of Christmas in that it's compounding) and there's been a few more days than I'd like to admit that that is all I got done but I keep telling myself some movement is better than nothing at all!
  • Well weather actually was nice today and I managed a walk, even if it was just 2.5 miles (shockingly 2 weeks off did nothing positive for my endurance). But super pleased I actually made it out!