Group 1 (June 1-8) Check In w/o 12/10

TJtheGoatTJtheGoat member
edited December 2018 in June 2019 Moms

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? 

Re: Group 1 (June 1-8) Check In w/o 12/10

• Due date/W+D: June 3rd, 15 Weeks!!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Orange

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointment until next week on the 20th!

Rants/Raves?: Rant - disappointed that I still need to take my Diclegis because without it I throw up a lot more. I thought I was getting out of the woods on this MS stuff... Rave: It's getting close to Christmas!!

How are you feeling?: All in all, not too shabby. I have more energy. The MS is still a bit bothersome. I don't really have nausea anymore, but it's sort of a general stomach uneasiness that sometimes gives way to nausea and occassionally vomiting. 

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? Ah! I really really want a Cricut Maker. I'm very excited about getting one of those! I love crafts and they are just so amazing for getting through a lot of crafts more quickly. 

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: May 30/ 15w4d 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: next appt is next week (19th)...I'll almost be 17 weeks but its my 16w check

Rants/Raves?: My belly has been so uncomfortable lately. I definitely had a growth spurt over the weekend. Several people commented today that my belly has popped a little. It's just really heavy today and sore.

How are you feeling?: ehh...see above lol. Just uncomfortable

GTKY - What's one thing you want for the holiday? I am terrible at this...I don't even know. My poor husband said he feels badly that he has no clue what to get me. As for non-gift things...just time together. I'm having a hard time with Christmas this year. Last year my mom died a month before Christmas and I think I was still in shock that she was gone so it didn't hit so as hard. Year 2 really is harder...I just miss her so much. I am so thankful I got to spend Christmas 2016 with her as it would be her last. She was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer in August 2017 and died November 2017. It was SO fast we just weren't prepared, at all. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510 I'm so sorry you have to do Christmas without your mom. That would be so sad. Thinking of you.

Due date/W+D: 15+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment is 12-19. It will just be a quick one. 

Rants/Raves?: DH has been working a ton lately and I'm so tired in the evening. Toddler wrangling is hard. 

How are you feeling?: Physically: I'm alright. Emotionally: I'm starting to have a lot of anxiety. It's coming out of left field for me. I've never had anxiety or anything similar before. I think it's from the pregnancy hormones (just my best guess) but I'm not sure how to handle it. It all centers around someone getting into our house and stealing DS. I have no reason to be worried about this. We've never had a break in. I have no idea why I feel this way but I just can't shake it. It's getting worse lately. We're going to buy a security system and I am hoping that helps with the anxiety. If not I'm not sure what I will do. It's keeping me up for long stretches of the night most nights. 

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? A new security system. And also a backpack diaper bag. DH got me the backpack diaper bag and I'm very excited to start using it. 

• Due date/W+D: June 3rd/15+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is the 18th; will likely be quick--hope to schedule/discuss dates for anatomy scan

Rants/Raves?: Rant: ALLERGIES! what in the world, I thought with the winter coming my allergies would at least give me a little breathing room (ha!) but no such luck. I would say it could be pregnancy related but this has been going on since springtime and I'm about to loose my mind. I've become one of those people who has pockets stuffed with tissues.

How are you feeling?: See above; Also been having headaches probably sinus related but I'm just wary of taking tylenol or other approved meds while pregnant. As a result i've been suffering through which is just dumb, but I'm still doing it.

GTKY - What's one thing you want for the holiday? Presents: I really don't want much. I want a little backpack to use as a purse. Non-Presents: Time with family and friends and time off from work (which I won't get much of...) I'm trying to save up my days for later in the worst part of winter and letting my team take days around the holidays.

• @runyogamom a security system should help for sure! We had a break in back in 2012 in a house we were renting in Oregon. When we moved to Washington in 2015 and bought a home we had a system installed the day after we closed. It has chimes on every door and window so we are alerted if they are opened/left open plus they'll trigger the alarm if it is set. We also have a glass break detector in case someone attempts a break in by busting a window or the sliding door. We leave it set to "away" every day when we're not home so the system will alert if there's an issue. That setting give yous 60 seconds to disarm it from the panel or your phone app. The company does call before contacting 911 but if we don't answer or we aren't home they'll alert 911 for us. I also set it at night to "stay" mode (instantly sets it off with no delay). It gives us great peace of mind. It won't stop a break in of course, but it's nice knowing if some attempts entry to our home we'll know and can get police there asap. My husband is a deputy and in the Marine Corps Reserves so my son and I are often home alone for weekends/weeks/overnights depending on his work and reserves schedule. I am comforted knowing no one is getting in without me knowing about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Due date/W+D: 14w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): peach? 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not till January. No questions really, just still trying to get answers about the pre-e risk.

Rants/Raves?: I just had a cold, with the tiredness from pregnancy and the cold I was just useless. I somehow didn't get sick at all last time. Christmas is coming too fast and I'm just not ready. 

How are you feeling?: Better than before, nausea is just about gone but I have regular headaches now. 

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? Roomba or similar thing. Not sure if our home is too cluttered but sweeping is 95% on me so any help would be great. 

• thanks @Erin1510 I did some research today and I think I found one that checks all of our boxes. We want something that sets off an alarm if a door/window is open while it's set and also alerts our phones. DH doesn't want to pay a monthly fee though so we don't want one with company monitoring. I think I'll have a lot more peace of mind knowing that if an entry way gets opened in the middle of the night I'll wake up to an alarm and immediately know about it. 
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited December 2018

Due date/W+D: 15w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel orange

Any appointments? Questions?:  I have a regular checkup on Thursday.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I've gained 10 lbs. A (male, straight) coworker walked into my office today, sat down, and said "SOOO, you have any news you'd like to share?" I'm grateful that he didn't think I just gained 10 lbs overnight for no reason, but still not happy about how quickly I've gained...  Rave: I cannot wait for two weeks of holidays! I'm excited about spending time with my son and doing some christmassy outings.

How are you feeling?:  Feeling pretty great these days. Still a bit tired, experiencing some nausea here and there, burping, some constipation, etc. but this is all *nothing* compared to the first tri, which is still fresh in my memory...

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday?  We are supposed to move into our new condo in the next 7-10 days, and I am just wishing for it to be done in time for Christmas, so we can set up a last minute tree and celebrate in the new, clean, place. 

@emeraldcity603 I've had a roomba for a decade now and can't imagine life without it. You will love it.
  • Due date/W+D: 5th of June/15 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): an avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: had an “emergency” appointment with my OB today. Have been feeling a lot of pressure build up on my lower abdomen/pelvic area to the point where it’s too uncomfortable to do majority of things - it feels like how I imagine being 9 months pregnant would feel. He did a quick scan in his office and my ovarian cyst looks like it’s grown and he’s certain it’s the reason I’m getting all this pressure, so I’m off to the gyno tomorrow to see what the path forward is. Hopefully they can drain it and don’t just tell me to suck it up for the remainder of my pregnancy cause at the moment it’s bigger than baby 😞 

Rants/Raves?: I’m just over being pregnant, in pain and sick. Where is this 2nd trimester glow at?!

How are you feeling?: I’ve got sacroiliac pain and already in a belt. My hips are killing. This pelvic pressure is making me so uncomfortable and I’m yet to sleep more than 2-3 hours since I was 8 weeks pregnant. To top it off I now have a constant blocked nose and my asthma has returned with a vegance.

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? To feel better! That is all I honestly want right now haha

• @wiseh I'm sorry... That sounds miserable. I would definitely state your preference to the gyno. And i just hope you feel better overall very soon.
  • @wiseh I hope they can drain it for you so you can be more comfortable.
  • It's funny how weight gain is so different from one person to another, especially during pregnancy. I've gained the same amount as @marijaa333. When I weighted myself this morning my first thought was "Oh wow, I'm doing so good. Only 10 lbs". But I did gain quiet a bit fairly quickly with my first  so I'm comparing it to that.  

@wiseh that sounds awful. I hope your doctor can come up with a plan to help you deal with it and drain it.

I'm beginning to think this second trimester glow thing is just made up to try and help women get through 1st tri. I'm still just as tired as first trimester expect I'm just not nausea 24/7 anymore. My skin also looks the worst it has in awhile. Waiting for my glow like ..... 
  • @canuckbaby What is it with the vivid sex dreams!? I keep having these super vivid dreams of a younger me making out with guys from middle/high school. It's sooo bizarre. And they are so vivid that when I wake up I have to remind myself "hey, that didn't really happen". 
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks ladies! I’m definitely with you on the waiting for 2nd tri glow @runyogamom 😞
  • @gta4334 lol well all i know is i would rather have a sex dream than  a nightmare 
  • Due date/W+D: June 5 / 15 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): naval orange 

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing this week, just next week

Rants/Raves?: I am over being sick. I am not a fan of this pelvic pain. I would like to move into my new house. But the sellers still have until the 30th, but we have to be out of here by the 27th. The sellers will try to get out earlier.

How are you feeling?: better, but still have a runny nose and a dry cough. And headaches. And pelvic pain. How am I only 15 weeks? I feel done. 😂

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? An instant pot! I think my MIL is getting it for me. She loves hers. Also to be in my new house.

• I'm with you all on the crazy dreams, except some of mine are very weird nightmares. One was that a childhood friend of mine had tree branches growing out of her back due to some awful disease. I woke up and had to text her to make sure she was OK, it was such a disturbing dream...
  • I’m booked in for a cystectomy and potentially oopherectomy and salpingectomy (ovary and Fallopian tube removal) on Tuesday next week, pending ultrasound findings today 😞
  • @wiseh Wow, I didnt realize they would do something as invasive as salpingo-oopherectomy while you are pregnant. Is there a concern that it could worsen if it’s not addressed right away? I hope that they are able to address the cyst and relieve your symptoms with minimal intervention. 
  • @wiseh did they give you an option to wait? I have a cyst that keeps growing, up to 12 cms last appointment. I've been in the ER once so far for torsion, but we are waiting until after I give birth to remove it. My doctor said if they did surgery while pregnant they have to take the ovary due to increased blood supply. But after delivery they will only remove the cyst and keep the ovary. I had to ask if they would remove the ovary, no one was going to tell me. Your case may be different but thought I'd share on cacase it's an option.
  • @wiseh oh no! That has to be scary news 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Didn’t get an option to wait @JDarneille. I’ve got a history of cysts on this ovary and they usually rupture and bleed. I’ve already been to the ER three times with this one and my gyno said they wouldn’t do anything unless it’s causing me significant pain in my second trimester. I’m not in a heap of pain, but it does come and go. My main complaint is the amount of pressure building up in my abdomin. At its worst I can barely walk and at its best I really struggle to drive due to all the bouncing around. I think at the moment it’s wedged between my uterus and my bladder as well, so it hurts when my bladder is full. I asked if they could drain it and they said they wouldn’t do that without laparoscopic surgery anyway due to the risk of perforating my bowel. 

I’ve just had my scan and it’s grown 2cm in 2 weeks 😪 will see what they say tomorrow when I call to find out results. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 6 15w

Baby is the size of a(n): box of crayons

Any appointments? Questions?: 2 weeks from today, so far away!

Rants/Raves?: DD has been sick so after 2 nights of no sleep for me I finally slept and DH took care of her

How are you feeling?: meh, I’m not nauseous anymore but the headaches suck. I’m also ready to feel movement consistently so my PGAL brain can relax a bit

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? A new car :) I think we are getting one before the new year.

• @wiseh fingers crossed that you're cyst- and pain-free soon!
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I hear you on being ready to feel movement, just for some reassurance. I'm 15w4d and still not feeling movement... heartbeat is good as of yesterday (135-140) but I still worry...
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited December 2018
    Definitely going in for surgery tomorrow and he’ll remove my whole ovary and Fallopian tube. Doctor believes my ovary is twisted and has been for several weeks from the pain I’m describing 😞 
  • @wiseh sorry you have to go for surgery and the drain wasn't an option. Really hoping you have an easy recovery and get a break from the pain after all of this.
  • @wiseh i hope that surgery goes well and that does provide you relief
  • @wiseh Sorry to hear this was the result but hoping that you are able to get some relief and surgery goes smoothly.
  • @wiseh hope everything goes well with your surgery! Can’t wait to hear that everything went well and you’re recovering!
  • Due date/W+D: June 4th,2018 16 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: Jan 11th to discuss scheduling for the big gender and detailed US. Quad screen blood draw today, nervous as hell.

Rants/Raves?: Recently single by choice. So chosing other habits over me and Baby. Just not worth the heartache. So this is hard to go through alone, but I habe a great support system and I am very strong. Been through the ringer when it comes to bad exs. 

How are you feeling?: just getting a cold. Which was a royal pain the arse. Oh man do I miss coffee. I can finally have it again but occasional it still makes me sick. Morning sickness has mostly subsided but every now and then it hits me hard still. Headaches a lot though. Stress probably.

GTKY - (borrowed from group 2 lol) What's one thing you want for the holiday? There isnt anything under my tree this year. My family live in Canada . so this year I treated myself and just a few things for my kitchen new and bought my own presents.