March 2019 Moms

Week 2 Check-in 12/10

This thread is for those due March 10 to March 16

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: We’re heading into third trimester this week! How’s baby prep coming?

Re: Week 2 Check-in 12/10

• Due date: 3/16

Appts? Questions? Not until the 27th

Rants/Raves: still have to finish Christmas shopping. I hate that part of this time of year.  Plus Saturday I was done for the count. I had a bad day of ms and did nothing but get sick and lay on the couch all day. At least yesterday I had a burst of energy and could clean the house a bit. Another rant: when DW got home she joked she was going to tell my mom on me. They both think I can't do anything because I'm pregnant with a heart condition. I swear I don't push myself.

Feeling: as said above, I'm still sick some days. My hips hurt when I'm sleeping. My back hurts from my scoliosis. I keep reminding myself it's all worth it in the end.

GTKY: baby prep is okay. I have a box to go through and organize. I have a dresser/ changing station that has some clothes washed and organized. Waiting for the baby shower before we get anymore. Also I need to pack my hospital bag.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @kenneylynn3 sorry you’re still dealing with such bad days, that’s miserable. Hopefully DW thinking you shouldn’t be doing much means she’s been all over chores! 

Due date: 3/15 (Dr says 3/12)

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is next Tuesday w/ glucose test, and need to schedule a growth scan.

Rants/Raves?: (Sorry for the novel) still feeling kind of jittery after getting sent to the OB this morning for a check - shared this elsewhere, but I called the nurse line because lo had been moving less the past several days and I was worried. They sent me immediately to my drs which had me panicking. US was good; strong, consistent heart beat, fluid looked good and she was moving. I guess it was a combination of relief and hormones, but I was fighting back tears for like an hour after the scan. Getting sent for a growth scan just to check on things though. Which, once again has me nervous. I was stressed enough at the appointment today my blood pressure was up, for me at least.

How are you feeling?: Feel big... some pelvic achiness and feeling a little compressed (best way to describe it) if I’m not using good posture. Bending over is already uncomfortable.

GTKY: We’re heading into third trimester this week! How’s baby prep coming? I have a bunch of stuff already between DS and hand me downs from my sister, so we’re in good shape. Just need to get on the ball about nursery prep and sorting and organizing everything (and purging our house of junk we don’t need!).

• Loading the player...
  • @Kenneylynn3 I agree about Christmas shopping.  I still have some things left to purchase and it's making me twitchy just thinking about it.

@lelkcot I'm glad you posted about the movement; I've noticed this babe moving less lately, too, and I"m going to be extra vigilant just in case.  I'm glad everything looked fine with your US and FX the growth scan looks great!

Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is glucose test on 12/19

Rants/Raves?: I've been dealing with a lot of NONSENSE at work lately and I am so looking forward to the holiday break, but I'm also exhausted just thinking about it because my in-laws are going to be in town for the ENTIRE time.  I'm trying to remind myself that it will be fine because they're not staying with us, but I know they'll be at our place EVERY day.

How are you feeling?:  My nausea is back full force. Using lots of essential oils and trying to eat bland foods.  But so far my energy is still relatively high so I"m taking that as a good sign.

GTKY: We’re heading into third trimester this week! How’s baby prep coming?  Baby prep is basically non-existent at this point.  Hoping the holiday break will help with that.

• @lelkcot glad you were sent to the Dr and for a growth scan. Fx the scan goes well. Keep us updated.

@dtspmama sorry you are starting to get nausea back. Hopefully it doesn't stick around for long.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Due date: 3/16

Any appointments? Questions?: Glucose test and appointment on 12/26, nothing before that

Rants/Raves?: Rave: we went on a weekend family trip to Vancouver, BC to go to a Polar Express event (plus other Christmas activities in the area) and DS behaved really well the whole time. We all had fun, even if we had to go off schedule a few times and adjust our plans.

Rant: I'm currently working on a big project with a colleague from another team, and he seems like the stupidest person I've ever met! We don't agree on things, and twice I had to schedule meetings with the program managers from both our teams to back me up (and yes, I was right). I had another impromptu meeting with him today and didn't feel like we're on the same page. He's supposed to have more experience than I do (based on the title), but honestly I have no idea how he got promoted. I don't have a good feeling about this project :disappointed:

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, albeit the belly feels very heavy when I get up in the morning and it takes time for me to adjust to it. My hands are also very dry, but I'm not sure if it's because of pregnancy, or winter, or pregnancy during winter :wink:

GTKY: We’re heading into third trimester this week! How’s baby prep coming? We moved the glider into the baby's room - does that count? Most of the other stuff is still in the garage or closets. 
    Also, no idea when 3rd trimester actually starts. I was thinking it's 28 weeks, but Wikipedia says 29 weeks! So now I'm even more confused (even as a STM).

• @mihaelams1 I am confused about the 3rd trimester start time too. I assumed it was 26 and something days, but I've read week 27 AND week 28! *sigh*

Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: I did the 1 hour glucose tolerance test 1 week ago and failed (blah! Should not have had strawberries and cereal for breakfast...) - I was 144 when normal is less than 135. So hubby and I got to spend 3+ hours at the lab on Saturday morning. Well, at least I passed! :) Next OB appointment is the 18th.

Rants/Raves?: Blah glucose tolerance test, but glad I passed! The drink wasn't bad, just tasted like flat Sunkist but I hate getting blood drawn, I always bruise.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, though it's getting harder to sleep since I have to actually wake up to turn to another side. And somehow I keep finding myself on my back despite my pregnancy body pillow...

GTKY: We’re heading into third trimester this week! How’s baby prep coming? I think it's going pretty well, we are done painting the nursery, put the glider together, and the crib is all set! We also found 2 cute rugs on sale from Target during Cyber Monday! Hubby wants to try his hand at wainscoting and I want to think about doing a small mural near her book nook area too, so that's still in progress. I also got 2 big boxes of clothes, a mamaroo, activity mat, and a bouncer from my sister in law :D:D

• Been MIA lately srry, trying to stay off my phone & stay busy 

Due date: march 11th 

Any appointments? Questions?:Gd testing coming up before Christmas, here is to hoping no 3hr lol

Rants/Raves?: raves, finally done Christmas shopping & decorating. Managed to get thenursery close to finished just need a few last touches. Rants I'm now officially bored lol I'm on break from work till the first of the year n I really should've wait till now to do things,lol. I was just soexcited to finally do q nursery I couldn't stop. I've always been induced for labor, but the hospital I'm at now doesnt intervene unless medically necessary so I really wanted to get everything done just in case lol. Not to mention now my older two want to redo their room before new baby comes lol.

How are you feeling?: pretty good. My sciatic is becoming a pain, and I'm still so exhausted but over all just fat lol

Going awesome, we get to get the carseats when I get paid then it's just odd n ends here on out. 

• Trying to jump back in here!  I've been a huge lurker lately and want to get more involved.

Due date: 3/10

Any appointments? Questions?: 28 week appt on Monday with the glucose screening

Rants/Raves?: Just been busy, busy, busy lately.  DS's birthday is on Saturday so I'm working on getting ready for his party plus all the normal Christmas prep too.  

How are you feeling?: I really can't complain. Just the typical pregnancy complaints of tiredness and needing to pee a lot.

We need to get moving on that. We have plans to make a mountain mural on the crib wall but need to finalize colors and get painting. Our plan is to do that while I'm on winter break. 

• Due date: 3-12

Any appointments? Questions?:

Glad to have the dreaded glucose test behind. Next appointment in January. Deciding when to do our birthing class/hospital tour. Apparently it's a 2 day thing, which is a little overwhelming thinking about. 

Rants/Raves?: 

Rave: Nailed my final exam today and turned in a group final project for my other class, and with that I've got my first semester of grad school under my belt!...A lot more to go, but I'm sticking to the positives!  ;) Super excited to take the next few weeks to read some baby books. Just picked up Happiest Baby on the Block from the library, and will hopefully get through the wait list quickly for Expecting Better

How are you feeling?: 

Not too bad, other than having trouble sleeping at night. Having more and more issues with numbness/tingling in my hands/arms, worse at night. Talked to doctor, and he wasn't at all alarmed by it, but it still just doesn't seem right to me...

We FINALLY put the crib together today, and I'm so happy I could cry! Our LO's room is coming together!  <3<3<3

• @lucysmom2016 our hospital tour and class is a 2 day thing as well. We signed up for mid January. The Feb date seemed to close for comfort for me. Congrats on getting the semester finished!

• @dtspmama hopefully the return of the nausea was short lived and you’re feeling better!

@mihaelams1 sounds like such a fun weekend trip! 

@smf2018 glad you passed the 3-hour!

@kb_momofboys super impressed that you’re done with Christmas shopping and the nursery!

@thedaint87 good luck with your glucose test Monday - I’m right there with you, mine is Tuesday!

@lucysmom2016 congrats on completing your first semester of grad school! Hopefully That means you get to enjoy a restful holiday break!