June 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 12/7

Re: FFFC 12/7

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ki1244 Umm that wine sounds absolutely delicious and I think I need some. Do you know the name of it? 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ yep! It's Apothic Inferno. Got it for $12 at Sam's, but I've seen it on sale for less. (I love cheap Midwestern groceries.) They also make one called Apothic Brew that's infused with cold-brew coffee and is AMAZING.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball @bakerstreetboys Oh good, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds alcohol entirely unappealing right now. When will these food aversions go away? 
  • Options
    @ki1244 I'm definitely not a wine snob and happy to hear it's only 12 dollars :blush:
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ki1244 I LOVE Apothic wine! They are so so delicious and affordable :smile:
  • Options
    It’s supposed to a winter mix here this weekend, which is super unusual for where I live. I plan on letting my kids watch too much TV, snuggling on the couch, and eating soft pretzels and dip. 

My DD has a real bad cough, but I sent her to school. No other symptoms, but I’m still judging myself. 

Last two pregnancies I drank a sip of DH’s beer or wine here and there. This year he is drinking more vodka and beers that I don’t like, so none for me so far. 
  • Options
    May I post another confession?  I don't fully understand the purpose of a Diaper Genie.
  • Options
    @ki1244 I love Apothic wines!! They're usually my go to. If you can find it, 1000 Stories is amazing!! It's also aged in whiskey barrels and my absolute favorite. I used to find it at Kroger in TN. Its about $18 a bottle. @eleven_ you might like this one as well. All this wine talk is making me want some!
  • Options
    @mkfolse22 I think I've had that one! The liquor store near us has a wine tasting every month with 15 kinds of wine -- for free. They theme it every month, so sometimes it's good wines for the holidays or for summer, sometimes it's 15 kinds of pinot noir, sometimes it's all wines under $10. The guys working there not only know me by name, they know before they pour it which wines I'll like or dislike. (I should probably be ashamed of that, but I'm not.) So because of those tastings, I've gotten familiar with a LOT of brands I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

That being said, it's a rare occasion where I'll pay more than $15 for a bottle of wine -- pretty much just Meiomi pinot noir or chardonnay, or a local one if I'm visiting somewhere (some girlfriends and I did a trip a couple years ago to northern Virginia, and hit 17 wineries in four days, including 7 in one day...). Otherwise, I've had wayyyy too much good, inexpensive wine to justify spending more than that! And now I want some for lunch.
  • Options
    May I post another confession?  I don't fully understand the purpose of a Diaper Genie.
    If you empty the baby's trash every day, it's not an issue. Otherwise, you can put a week's worth of poop diapers in a Diaper Genie and you'll never smell it. Occasionally when I flip the lid open and get a whiff of what's lurking in there, I thank God I have one lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also do not drink wine. I do drink beer and liquor (tequila and pink lemonade is a fav) but no wine.

• Options
    @emeraldcity603 my DH doesn't either (so all the suggestions to have a sip of your husband's wine or beer...doesn't quite work for us, since I don't generally want his root beer). I figure I married my designated driver, so yay for me -- and he's in a field where drinking is SUPER SUPER common so it's not like he has a problem with others having it. He just chooses not to. I can also count on one hand the number of times I've actually been drunk, generally in my early 20s...but I do like my wine.
  • Options
    I'm eating lots of sushi too! 
  • Options
    While I'll say I'm jealous of other countries maternity policies, even if I was offered a year I'm not sure I would take it. Not because of new baby but mostly because I don't think I could stay home with my toddler and a new baby all day without losing my mind. Six months would be my max. 
  • Options
    @carleym93  Bagels are life and you should feel no shame in eating all of them 

@emeraldcity603 I don’t drink either. I’m just not interested, for lots of reasons, the top one now being that the taste is atrocious to me. Of course according to my husband I just had terrible wine, but still. Someday when I’m not a one woman baby show we’re gonna do some wine tasting, but even if it tastes good I doubt I would be swayed. 

@skatejawn27 I have a diaper genie and I really don’t use it. It was more of a pain for me then just throwing the diapers into regular trash. And I don’t take it out more than normal. Maybe the smell just doesn’t bother me?  I don’t really notice a smell until I actually take it out and have to stick my head next to it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)