1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
2. How are you feeling?
3. Any appointments this week?
4. Rants/ raves/ questions?
5. GTKY: What are some of your holiday traditions?
1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 32, squash?
2. How are you feeling? Tired and so sore. I feel like she is going to fall out any minute I’m also getting pretty anxious about having two kids so soon.
3. Any appointments this week? Had one on Wednesday. Don’t have another until 12/27 since they wanted to do my Group B strep swab then (fun).
4. Rants/ raves/ questions? None right now
5. GTKY: What are some of your holiday traditions? I always watch A Muppets Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and we usually open one present. I have been doing this since I was a kid and I hope to start it with DD soon. On Christmas morning we always do a big breakfast and then later a dinner with my family. Christmas Eve with have dinner with DH’s parents.
1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 32 weeks- squash!
2. How are you feeling? So tired. Between this cold and terrible sleep idk how I’m gonna make it through the day today
3. Any appointments this week? Had an appointment Monday, then growth scan. Baby is measuring two weeks ahead already. C/s officially scheduled for 1/25
4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I have a terrible cold, heartburn has been miserable, and DD was up puking last night with what I’m assuming is a stomach bug. I better not get that stomach bug too or it might put me over the edge
We always go to the Columbus zoo lights every year, real Christmas tree is a must, we always go to a few different events each year where we see Santa- busy busy until Christmas!
1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 31 weeks - asparagus
2. How are you feeling? Up and down - when I feel good I feel great, but when I don't feel good I'm like curled up on the couch dying.
3. Any appointments this week? I went in last Tuesday and go back Tuesday the 18th
4. Rants/ raves/ questions? Not really. Just kind of freaking out about the logistics of solo parenting with two kids. H and I work opposite schedules so it'll be really tough on us both, but as with all things parenting-related, we'll just make it through.
5. GTKY: What are some of your holiday traditions? SO MANY. DS is too little to understand really (he's just starting to say Santa and get excited about that), but Santa leaves a big sack at our house for when the kids wake up on Christmas Eve and they put some old toys in there for him to take back to the North Pole to fix and give to other kids next year. Then while we're at Christmas Eve church, Santa takes the bag away and drops off two presents - family Christmas jammies and a new Christmas book. We sit in front of the tree with our Christmas jammies on and read our new Christmas book together. Also Santa always requests snickerdoodles and bourbon at my house, because Santa is smart AF. Christmas morning is always at home, then we usually go to my mom's house in the afternoon to make a big Christmas dinner.
1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 29 weeks, acorn squash (I am so the caboose of the Friday gang, I always can't wait to catch up with the rest of you)
2. How are you feeling? I made it to Italy without incident! My back still kills, but it was doing that before, and I just chugged water the whole time i was on (all 3) planes so feeling pretty accomplished. Also lots of people letting me cut them in line for stuff when they saw I was pregnant. The back thing is no joke though, it's fine when I am sitting or just standing but I basically can't walk because it's so painful on one side of my lower back - I think it might be a nerve thing?
3. Any appointments this week? Nope
4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I think I did enough of that above
5. GTKY: What are some of your holiday traditions? DH is latino so his family celebrates Christmas on the 24th at midnight, so we stay up for that and open presents (it's going to be a struggle) and then we have 25th breakfast with his family and drive to my family's house to do a whole brunchy Christmas thing over there with my brothe's family as well (my parents live a little over an hour from my in-laws). It's really fun! Unfortunately, this is the last year we'll be doing this because my parents are moving across the country...so I guess we'll have some new traditions to inaugurate with this baby!
Blerg, heartburn is terrible. I’ve been waking up in the night with bile in my throat and then vomiting. More TMI, but I’m starting to spit blood from how raw my throat is from this. Talked to doc and I’m going to do Pepcid twice a day and see her on Tues to see how it’s going.
3. Any appointments this week? Next Tues
4. Rants/ raves/ questions?
Any tips or old timey remedies you guys use for heartburn besides the usuals?
We do Christmas Eve at my in laws (dinner and then they open all presents at midnight), and then Christmas Day at my parents. Lots of food, and the extended family leaves around 10PM. We stay over and have a late night round of Italian cookies and mulled cider with my parents, brother, DH, and pupper in front of the fire.
1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Acorn squash or a cabbage. 29 wks!
2. How are you feeling? Tired and achyish. I can't believe how winded I get doing certain things- it's crazy! Oh and the heartburn!
3. Any appointments this week? Not this week, one in Wednesday.
4. Rants/ raves/ questions? Anyone else have increased pressure in the vaja and random pain? I was going to ask at my appt to see if I have a UTI but then I was also thinking maybe this is just a thing.
5. GTKY: What are some of your holiday traditions? December is so busy for us. Hannukah is low key menorah and latkes- wanted to see my family but NY was too far of a drive. Well spend Xmas with hubs fam. In between is my bday after is his bday, his sister's birthday, brother and his dad's birthday. Love the idea of donating toys pre receiving them, might need to steal that for hannukah next year