February 2019 Moms

Pre-Term Labor/NICU

Hoping none of us will need this thread - but this is the place to share your preterm labor and NICU stories, experiences, support or strategies. What do you wish you had known?

Re: Pre-Term Labor/NICU

• Thank you for starting this thread. My little ladies will be here at 35 weeks and will most likely need NICU time so I’m curious to hear everyone’s stories! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @disneybaby84 33 hours, youre A champ! I couldnt imagine going home wth no photos of him, that would have been super hard. But glad everything turned out ok! Breastfeeding for me was super stressful so after 2 weeks I formula fed as well. 
  • Oh my gosh, @dogmom1118!! Congratulations on your little girl! <3 I'm so sorry she has to stay in the NICU for that long, but I'm so happy she's doing well considering! Thank goodness for modern medicine, and babies are amazingly resilient despite looking so fragile. I'm glad the doctors and nurses are taking good care of her, and I hope someone can take care of you too while you're going through this. I can't even imagine what it must be like. 
  • Omg @dogmom1118 wow I am so sorry but so glad to hear you both are doing ok! I wish you and your baby girl all the best for your hospital stay. Friends of my husband's delivered their baby at 28 weeks a while ago, their baby girl is almost ready to go home! You will get there too!
  • Congratulations on your little girl @dogmom1118. I hope she has an uneventful NICU stay. Take care of yourself over the coming weeks. All the best to both of you!  <3
  • Wow! Thanks for sharing @dogmom1118 !! I’m happy that she is in good hands and doing well! We will be thinking of you and anxious to hear about her progress! Congratulations on your baby girl! 
  • sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited December 2018
    @dogmom1118- OMG!! I am sorry it happened that way and sooner than ideal, but congratulations!!  I am sorry your little girl has to be in the NICU for so long but glad to hear she is in wonderful hands.  I spent last week in the hospital and thought the same might happen to me, and the NICU folks who talked me about preemie delivery at that 29/30 week stage said the outcomes are “excellent,” generally, so I hope she grows and develops swiftfully toward that excellent outcome!!

ETA:  I remember spending just a few days in the NICU with my DS, sitting there in that dark curtained room, and I remember sooo many tears and dread and fear.  Sending so much love for that space you are in. I hope you start to see some light down there.  She’ll be home with you before you know it.
  • @dogmom1118-  thanks for sharing, so glad baby is doing good but that is so scary! I have not been through this but I know the NICU journey isn’t easy and I’ll be thinking and praying for you guys! I have been dealing with potential pre-e the last two weeks and I’m glad they caught yours before it became even worse. Sending lots of love your way!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @dogmom1118 congrats on your baby girl. Glad she is doing well, I can imagine this is a scary time.  We are here if you need us. Thanks for sharing.  <3
  • @dogmom1118 congratulations on your little girl. 
    The NICU is scary but amazing support. As I told @sjnsjnsjn I was just over 2 1/2mos early, spent 2mos in the NICU and have had no delay issues or anything.
     My own daughter was also in the NICU and we learned so much, when it was time to go home, we felt so much more prepared than my friends who didn't stay in the NICU. It was my bright spot I guess. 
    your girl sounds like a fighter and will amaze you everyday how far she comes. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Oh wow @dogmom1118 congrats on your beautiful little bundle! I’m sorry she’s in the NICU and that you had that ordeal but glad she’s in good hands.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dogmom1118 I’m so sorry your birth had to be such a scary and stressful one but I’m so glad you and your little girl are doing well. Congrats on your little fighter and I hope she continues to grow and flourish and that you can bring her home soon! Our hearts are with you!
  • @dogmom1118 thank you for feeling comfortable enough sharing. I'm sure it has been emotionally so difficult facing all of these things with your baby. 
  • @dogmom1118 congratulations! Thank you for sharing <3 sending you hugs and light and love - I can't imagine the stress you must be feeling, but I hope you can feel our support. 
  • @dogmom1118 congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story with us! I’m sure it’s a scary place to be but she’s in good hands!! Hoping she keeps growing and you guys aren’t there for too long! 
  • Congratulations @dogmom1118 ! I'm glad you're both doing well, take care of yourself.
  • @dogmom1118 wow congratulations on your baby girl!! I’m glad you’re both doing well and have such amazing doctors around you. That sounds like a terrifying experience, I cant imagine what you’re going through. Please keep us posted on the progress. And keep your chin up, I’m sure its going to be a very difficult few months for you but know you have all of us as support. 
  • @dogmom1118 congratulations! I'm so glad you are both well despite stressful circumstances. I will be thinking of you as you navigate it all. Take care and keep us posted! 
  • @dogmom1118 congratulations! Happy to hear you are both doing well!! She sounds like a such a strong girl! We are here to support you. Keep us updated 💕
  • @dogmom1118 congrats on your little baby girl, but so sorry that it is a stressful situation. We are thinking of you here and wishing you and your baby the best ❤️
  • Congrats @dogmom1118 It sounds so scary and I bet you can’t wait to be home with her. Hang in there!!! Please keep us updated!
  • @dogmom1118 wow how terrifying... so glad you are both doing as well as you can given the circumstances and I hope she continues to get stronger every day. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. 
  • @dogmom1118 - What a roller coaster! Congrats on your little lady! Please keep us posted on her 😀
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @dogmom1118 congrats on your baby girl! Glad that you are both doing well! That must be so scary and hard to be dealing with but it sounds like you are both strong and in good hands. Sending hugs and support
  • What a rollercoaster @dogmom1118 ! Hoping you and baby girl have an uneventful recovery and a sooner-rather-than-later transition home! We really appreciate you sharing your story, I'm sure it will help a lot of moms with LOs facing NICU time. I hope you can keep us updated on your DD's progress!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Oh my @dogmom1118 , stay strong and congratulations!  Thinking of you and your little girl. 
  • @dogmom1118 I’m glad to hear you and LO are in good hands, and that she is doing well.  Congratulations on your baby girl!  Sending you strength during this NICU period, and keep us posted. <3
  • @dogmom1118 she’s perfect!! Oh my god look at those little toes! Congrats again, we’re all rooting for you both and hope you can take her home as soon as possible <3
  • @dogmom1118- Look at that little beauty!! Thx for sharing.  Loooove her name.  
  • @dogmom1118 aww shes so sweet, beautiful!!
  • @dogmom1118 she's so gorgeous! Go Emma go!
  • @dogmom1118

Sláinte chugat. 

Wishing good health to you, Emma Clare. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • @dogmom1118 she is beautiful! Congrats and praying for her to get stronger each day  <3
  • @dogmom1118 She’s beautiful, and I love her name!!  She’s a fighter, just like her mom.
  • I can't stop coming back to this thread to look at the little fighter @dogmom1118! She is incredibly precious. I hope everything is smooth and as normal as possible for you both from here on out.