March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 12/3

The Bump and my gifs/images aren't playing nice together today, so someone else will have to add a fun pic. I tried for a twerking santa doll, but you'll just have to use your imagination. Or google...
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms w/o 12/3

• Options
    I thought I had my Christmas decorations all figured out and ready for an easy set up. I got one of those little light projectors last year. Plugged it in and checked it, looked good until I went back out after dark to make sure it was pointed in the right direction and while the lights are on and rotating, they don't project more than a foot or two... I hate dealing with holiday lights.
  • Options
    @meggyme lights are the worst! DH did lights yesterday while I did the garland on the bannister- both our least favorite decorticating tasks and we were both grumpy!
    AFM I don’t even understand how it’s already December! How is 2018 really less than a month from being over?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lelkcot I feel like I've been saying that for the last 3-4 months. We've been so busy lately I have no idea where the time has gone. And the next couple months until March is either going to fly by or drag on forever...
  • Options
    @meggyme I’m kind of thinking it might drag after the holidays... but who knows! 
  • Options
    I think once January hits I’m gonna start freaking out. For whatever reason 2018 doesn’t light a fire under my butt like it being 3 months away will. LOL. However I realized my last 4 week appointment is on the 20th and the thought of going every two weeks really kicks you into reality!
  • Options
    My first 2 week appt is January 11th. Following my last 4 week appt, two days after Christmas. My Dr is 1.5 hours away for the moment. We are supposed to be in that neck of the woods three weeks in a row. It's becoming a bit too much to think about.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    My husband and I are kind of Scrooges when it comes to Christmas decorations, but we broke down and got a tree. DD loves it. We went with a slightly tacky, but still pretty pre-lit Champagne Gold/Silver tree. 
  • Options
    I start twice a month appointments this month. Next week is my first this month and then I have one the week of Christmas. Excited because that means we are near the end, but not excited to go for 15 minutes for them to just check my pee, weight, and baby's heart rate.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @novelblessings I think I will be in that boat as well. I hope having to go the week of Christmas won't make it difficult to make an appointment.
  • Options
    I'm feeling proud because I vacuumed, wiped down the bathroom and cleaned the kitchen today! Here is hoping I have energy to cook dinner and clean up after tonight, so that I stay motivated to keep my house this way for the week! 
  • Options
    @abbykwail Impressive! I invited my parents to visit this weekend so I would be forced to clean the house! 
  • Options
    @mayoduck I am able to schedule ahead, so right now I have all my appointments scheduled through the end of January. I’ll be able to schedule February when I go next week. But yea holidays would possibly make scheduling difficult depending on the office hours that week. 
  • Options
    Luckily my midwife was pretty cool about scheduling me early for my 28 week appt. I assume I’ll have to start going more frequently after that, but it’s nice it won’t be until after the holidays. That’s a good idea about scheduling your appointments ahead @novelblessings
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit having guests is one of the only ways I can convince myself to do more than just the bare minimum!! 
  • Options
    Well well I just cried at work for the first time in almost a decade... Was helping prep for an active shooter training event my company is hosting and the presenter pulled up a slide with a text between a teen and their mom during the Parkland shooting. Cue me trying not to sob and being incredibly grateful it was a call and only one person was actually in the room... I don’t tend to be super emotional, unless it involve bad things happening to children. Then I’m a mess...
  • Options
    @lelkcot I had my first emotional pregnant woman moment last night watching the second episode of "Making It" where one of the crafters talks about how his family disowned him when he came out as gay and went to the lengths to send him a funeral wreath to tell him he was dead to them! I was caught completely off guard by such a heartless thing on an otherwise fun, upbeat and funny show. I'm tearing up now thinking about it.
  • Options
    @meggyme ugh, that would have me in tears too. I just don’t understand that kind of response.
  • Options
    @lelkcot That is definitely rough! I have been through several active shooter trainings at school where we (teachers, not students) are literally getting shot at by police officers (posing as armed intruders) with air soft guns. It is so scary and unsettling. 
  • Options
    Work has really slowed down since Thanksgiving. I was going to intentionally slow my caseload next month and stop taking new clients. Now I'm just bored with all the "free time" I have this week. I'm not sure if it's the holidays, client's freaking out that I'll be on leave eventually, or a combo. I was just hoping I could really push it until the end of December because when I don't see clients I don't get paid, since I work for myself. My practice manager seems a bit concerned about my slipping caseload too, so I'm hoping to just ride out the next two weeks under the radar.
  • Options
    Looks like the hopeful troll is back in BotB again. Nothing inflammatory yet.
  • Options
    I was just telling DH last night that I wasn’t sure what would happen as far as appointments go after this next one (meaning how often I would need to be seen). I see my midwife on 12/13 for my 28 week appointment. I didn’t realize it jumps to every 2 weeks so quickly! But I also lose track of how quick this pregnancy is going! Last time I had all the issues at the end and was always at the doctor I’m still so hopeful this time is different! 
  • Options
    Only gamers will understand: I just finished a dungeon run on my tank in Elder Scrolls Online, and then checked my email and saw an unread one from belly bandit with the subject "The BEST Tank for Your Growing Belly". I found it hilarious :smiley:

• Options
    @flyingmombula wow, you’ve been busy! Good to see you and I hope life calms down soon.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Ugh, I really don't want to start going twice a month... It's not even that inconvenient, but it's just one more thing to schedule and have to keep track of. Hopefully once the holidays are over I'll have the mental bandwidth to handle that, but right now the thought of twice as many doctor's appointments is too much!
    Yes!  And my OB is a 30 min drive. At least she lets me bring my 4 year old with me.  twice a month PLUS monthly growth ultrasounds at MFM.

• Options
    I need to get my butt in gear and chip away at organizing our house (somehow with SI joint pain and a huge belly).  I've been procrastinating and putting my efforts toward my DotDotSmile Dress business instead because of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

My Husband has off today (Federal employee) and just willingly took the older girls with him to run errands, so I have the house to myself.  I SHOULD be going through the boxes of clothes the big girls grew out of over the summer that I've been dumping in the spare room ... but I'm sitting here at the computer enjoying silence.

• Options
    As far as Christmas decorations go.... HAHAHAHAH.  Our 9 foot tree is in a HUGE box that doesn't fit in our largest car ... and is 20 minutes away in a storage unit.  I believe our weekend project is going to be 1) clear space for a tree 2) take both cars to the storage unit and bring it back in pieces.  Our only current holiday decoration is Pester the Elf

• Options
    @meggyme Your post alone made me upset. I can’t imagine watching the episode.

sidenote: lost my ever loving shit on a student today who was mocking a trans student...during a lesson on tolerance/acceptance/Holocaust. 
  • Options
    @Pooka8 Pester is a great name for an elf on the shelf.

@swanbrooner I hope they learned something from it. What a perfect opportunity for a real life lesson in acceptance and being able to incorporate historic and current events.
  • Options
    My random-- an old friend of mine who I don't get to see very often because we live in different states had a c-section scheduled for tomorrow but her little one had other plans and made her debut this morning! Mom and baby girl are doing well and resting up and I'm just so overjoyed for them right now!
    Also, a little jealous... I don't want to rush things but am really excited to reach the end of this journey and start the next one.  :)
  • Options
    @meggyme My daughter named the elf when she was 4 or 5.  I love his name. 

• Options
    @bdesterhouse I'm right there with you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse with you too. Feeling very real and unreal at the same time. 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse yes!!! I can’t believe it when one of my pregnancy apps says “13 weeks to go”! I can’t believe when Christmas is here we will be down to 10 weeks! 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse It all feels very surreal to me still! I can feel LO move quite often throughout the day (and night) but it's still blows my mind that there's a tiny human in there. I can't believe the second trimester is almost over (I'll be 28 weeks this weekend) and I'm incredibly nervous and excited. I also feel huge and can't believe I still have three more months of my abdomen expanding.
  • Options
    Nothing quite like popping out a crown on Thursday night, and realizing the dentist isn’t open until Monday 😖
  • Options
    They are testing the fire alarms in my building today from 9am-2pm. They've been going off intermittently for an hour and a half now... I brought my lunch in today, but now I'm thinking I might need to leave and go find something before I lose my mind.