June 2019 Moms
Options

Nursery Ideas

I didn't see a post for this yet.  Have you guys thought about your nursery?  Colors, theme, etc?

Re: Nursery Ideas

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are keeping baby in our room for the first year so we aren't creating a new nursery. My DD has a beautiful girly safari theme room, so we are thinking if we have another girl they can room share and DH wants to build a loft addition to the room so they have this amazing princess room with two levels. We do have another bedroom, so if we have a boy, we will create a nice room for him when the time comes. I will still keep an eye on this thread because I LOVE looking at room transformations and the beautiful nurseries. Our plan is to use a bedside bassinet and DD already has a changing table in her room. I was thinking of getting a wheeling cart with shelves to stock with baby supplies so I can wheel it wherever we are. It will be much easier since I will be getting a c-section.  
  • Options
    If this one is a girl I will add to the purple/silver theme I have for DD2. If its a boy, I will split the room and do something different. 
  • Options
    Haven't given it much thought but with DD we did moon and stars. Also put the nursery together after she was born haha it was a mess for months. My MIL told me she would come and set it up for me. It bothered her to see it not finished with baby coming. I told her no thats ok, she won't even be in there for the first year anyways.
  • Options
    @antera23 oh I love the world/travel theme!!
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited November 2018
    @BlondePeanut
    We are doing something similar. We won’t complete a nursery until baby is older since they will be sleeping in our room. 

We will be keeping bedroom number 3 a guest room for our moms to stay over and help us out the first few months. I’m close with my mom and adore my MIL. Which I know is rare. But they both stayed over and helped with DD when she was born. It was a godsend to sleep during the day between feeds and have them watch her without me in a constant panic waking every time DD made a tiny grunt thinking she was waking to fuss. Newborns are so freaking loud when they sleep! 

I can’t wait to see what everyone else does with their rooms in this thread. I might have to dig up photos of DD’s nursery in this house before we put her in a big girl bed. 
  • Options
    Ditto as @BlondePeanut and @meatballs37. Baby will be in our room for probably the first year. Our office will most likely get converted into baby's room when they are a bit older. I guess we could change things around now while we have time to figure that crap out without a baby. My FIL is building our crib, which I'm so excited about. He's such an amazing woodworker!  I would like to do some kind of accent wall in the room. It's already a soft grey, which I like. But I'm just not sure otherwise. I guess I need to plan more!

@whitney812 your 2-yo's nursery is super cute! 

@ncm1919 I like the bold color choices! Those will be fun!
  • Options
    @chrssyms that is so cool about the crib!!! You will have to post pics when it’s done. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I am actually super close with my MIL too. She treats me like I am her real daughter and we have a great bond. 
    @ncm1919 DD's room has gray walls very similar to that shade. It is a really nice color!

• Options
    We’re moving back in with my parents for the first year as I live 3,000km away from them with no family close by and my partners family are in Ireland. I get 12 months mat leave so we thought why not!

I’ve told my sister her childhood bedroom will be converted into the nursery and she’s not overly happy 😂

Her room currently had a bright pink feature wall so we’re going to paint that but not sure what colour yet. The carpet at my parents house is navy with yellow and orange speckles, so it’s going to be really hard to find a colour that matches. Pinterest has been absolutely no help so far. We’ve already picked out our furniture so once it’s in the room will have more of an idea for colours. Because it’s only a temporary room we won’t be going all out and when we leave there we’ll be going into rentals. I feel like maybe I’m missing out a bit but I’m not overly into highly decorated themed rooms as it’s not something I’ve ever grown up with.
  • Options
    I’d love to decorate a nursery, but it’s going
    to have to wait until after baby comes because we’ll be moving shortly before or after the baby is born.
  • Options
    Gender neutral, grey tile and grey wjalls so pops
    of color. Found an aqua colored crib I love that is super affordable. Some vintage inspired Nick Kuchar Hawaii prints on one wall, a gallery wall for another. Something similar to this - that happens to be the same artist’s prints on the wall! https://projectnursery.com/projects/hawaii-inspired-nursery/
  • Options
    I love looking at all these gorgeous nurseries! I haven't the foggiest what my life holds after mid-March, so we could be staying here, or moving to a shoebox in DC, or anything in between. Sooooo I don't get to do a whole lot to plan yet. My friend did find the absolute cutest wall lamps at IKEA when she was there a few weeks ago, and even though I haven't seen Up, part of me wants to do that theme for a nursery. Or Winnie the Pooh. Just so I can use these...

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/30330358/

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00347911/
  • Options
    My nursery for my first 2 was Peter Pan/Neverland themed, done in purple and gray. I will see if I can find pictures. 

Once their bedrooms are done my boys will have a pirate theme and my daughter a mermaid (already got her a fishing net stuffed animal hammock with seashells and strings of seashell lights) 

Not sure the theme for this nursery so I am lurking for ideas, although part of me would love a classic Winnie the Pooh theme
  • Options
    @eleven_ love the inspiration pics - those curtain colors are gorgeous. 
  • Options
    @eleven_ those pics look very similar to what’s on my Pinterest board. I found some black and white photos of baby animals so that’s going to be our theme. I’m not into much color in general. All my walls are white, except the one in the dining area I painted black. :lol:

• Options
    we painted the walls gray, and did a cloud for DD. We added pink pictures and pillows saying "dream big little one". Now that we're moving, I'm going to paint the new room based on gender (will know i a few weeks). If its a boy, I'm thinking planet/space, if its another girl, i have no clue...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Baby will spend at least the first 9 months in our room. If baby is a girl, she will eventually move into the room with her sisters (it's a large room). If baby is a boy, he will probably stay in our room until we figure out how to reconfigure our room arrangements (our house has a weird setup).

I want to do a "Baby Mine" (Dumbo) theme. If baby is a boy, we'll do grey & light blue. For a girl, probably grey & light pink.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @magpie87 Dumbo sounds so sweet!! I’d love to do a Small World theme but not sure I can get DH on board 😆 we got stuck on it once (right by the speaker at the exit, for like 25 minutes) and he has loathed it ever since! lol 
  • Options
    we're in a rentals with no extra rooms so lo will have to stay in our room for a while. so please keep posting pics because I'm living vicariously through all of you 
  • Options
    For my first son (so weird to type that. I guess it’s now DS1 haha) we did a safari theme. I‘m thinking outer space this time around... 
  • Options
    @srscott3 both those sound so cute! Right up my alley!!!
  • Options
    @srscott3 both those sound so cute! Right up my alley!!!
  • Options
    I picked coral and navy for my daughters room when she was born three years ago. She'll be moving into her brothers room when the new baby is about nine months old so I'll have to do some redecorating at some point but haven't thought about it too much yet. 

• Options
    @pigglesworth Thanks! Good luck on convincing your H! It's always fun to have cute stories behind the nursery theme choices, but hopefully it wasn't more like a horror story experience for your H, lol! I've been on that ride once & that was more than enough for me 😉
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ki1244 awe so cute. I follow someone on instagram that has a mary blair mural in their dining room. Could totally do that in a nursery 

• Options
    This is our first baby and we aren’t going to find out the sex until the baby is born so we are planning on doing a white and gray nursery. White crib, dresser and bookcase. Gray rocking chair, curtains, and area rug. Bedding will be white and gray. I was able to find some cute white and gray accent pieces for the room. 
  • Options
    Ugh living vicariously through all of you ladies and your gorgeous nursery pics and ideas! We live in a 1 bedroom which we have converted to a "flex" 2 bedroom (aka, our living room doubles as bedroom for hubs and I) and our son has the bedroom. Baby will be staying with us and we will likely move within a few months of her arrival so no nursery for us just yet.
  • Options
    @eleven_ that screenshot is our inspiration too! Love the forest green accents 🙌🏼
  • Options
    tkbmamatkbmama member
    edited December 2018
    I'm getting overwhelmed by looking at different crib and glider options. I'm leaning towards a PB convertible crib, but not sure. I love the PB gliders, but can't justify the cost especially for the glider. Anyone have more affordable suggestions? Or ideas?
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited December 2018
    @JDarneille if you plan to splurge on anything I’d make it the glider. We got a Jenny Lind crib which is very cute and classic and $200. You’re going to want to enjoy as many baby snuggles as possible and a comfy recliner will let you do that. Biggest nursery regret I have. I’m buying one for this baby and I don’t care that it’s excessive seeing that I have one for my daughter. pottery barn has some that you can add real legs to them and make it an arm chair that’s easier to repurpose.