July 2019 Moms

Re: GTKY 11/28

• Options
    I love colored lights
  • Options
    White lights but mismatched colored ornaments.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Colorful lights all the way
  • Options
    100% white lights.
  • Options
    White lights! Coloured ornaments. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    Tough one! I like both, but colored lights when I have all different types of ornaments on... white lights for a more sophisticated look. 
  • Options
    I flip in between. I honestly love white lights and lots of coloured, older ornaments. But DH loves coloured, and we compromised this year by getting a tree with built it light options so we can switch it up! 
  • Options
    I'm team colored lights.  I do love the classy/pretty look of white lights, but something about the colorful lights brings out more of the Christmas magic... especially with our son.  
  • Options
    White lights, and colored ornaments!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    OOooh this is a good one! 

I grew up with colored lights and a disastrous tree that my parents let my sister and I takeover with tons of garlands and a crazy amount of ornaments (like pictured). I think that's so fun! 

I kind of hope we have a tree like that someday but for now it's white lights with a delicate balance of ornaments. It reminds me of my grandmother's christmas trees and fits our small house well.
  • Options
    White lights!!! 100%
  • Options
    Oh man...I had white lights on my tree for the last couple years, but this year DH convinced me to switch to colored and I love it. He also put up large colored lights outside and they make our house look like a gingerbread house :) 
  • Options
    I love the look of both, but for our main tree and outdoor lights I like colored lights and lots of them! 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried mixing both on their tree?! I recently starting doing this in the last couple of years and the outcome is AMAZING! It really gives the tree that extra sparkle ✨ so I vote BOTH! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    Colored lights on the tree! We don’t do this, but growing up we had the big bulbs - like the outdoor lights. And I love that look also. 
  • Options
    White lights for sure
  • Options
    White lights on the main tree. Always.

We have three trees this year and my daughter decided our basement tree would be a “rainbow tree” this year. It’s kind of fun letting her do what she wants to one so long as I get my grown-up tree in the living room.