July 2019 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

What's grinding your gears today? 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• I'm the twatwaffle at my house today. 

Totally forgot to pay bills this month. Like all of them. I'm blaming being sick and pregnancy brain. We have the money, H thought the extra in the account was just his bonus his company told him was going on the next check. 

So now I get to call and see if they will waive late fees because I'm an idiot. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Oh no! That’s why I don’t pay the bills @nopegoat they would never get paid! 

Everythjng is a twatwaffle today. My 2 year old has been waking up at 1,2,3,4 am because of her ear infection. Obviously the antibiotics aren’t working. I typically just treat without otc meds, but this time I was tired and wanted a quick fix. Won’t make that mistake again. I’m so exhausted. And in a terrible mood.
  • Loading the player...
  • @smoochiemama16 I'm sorry you had such a rough night with your 2yo :( How long have they been on the antibiotics? 
  • My 2 year old was the twatwaffle this morning. Screamed for a good 10 minutes because he broke his piece of cheese in half. It’s impossible trying to explain to a very upset toddler that it still tastes the same. 
  • @nopegoat that's why all mine are on autopay!  but last month I forgot to recertify my student loan payment plan on time and it cost me an extra $300 :'(:'(:'(

@smoochiemama16 sorry your LO is sick :( ear infections suck

For me it's shitty weather. I just want to take my dog for a nice long walk without nasty stuff pouring from the sky. I hate winter.
  • @nopegoat Oh no! That has happened to me once or twice. I think I've got almost all our bills on auto-billing now because of that. Is that an option for you with #5 on the way?

@smoochiemama16 Ugh, I am so so sorry. Poor little one and poor mom. Any chance for some rest today?

Really not wanting to deal with going back to work after this illness. My normally wonderful boss and I are really bumping heads recently. Not sure how announcing I'm pregnant will go in January. But basically I took this job on where no one really knew what my department did, or what it cost the agency, etc. She came on a year or so after me, and she's been a great advocate, but no one has really given me any direction or goals for what they want my dept to accomplish. I've done a lot on my own initiative, but I need upper admin to understand what it is we do, not just in passing, otherwise I can't get anywhere past what I've accomplished on my own. I need backup support, not just lip service.
  • I work in retail as a manager. I am so tired of my TW customers that think they are entitled. Plus, my boss won’t take care of the lazy co workers so I’m stuck picking up their slack gets done. 

I hate holidays. 
  • We've gotten screwed over with autopay a few times so I hate using it but... if this happens again I will definitely have to. Thankfully all but 1 removed the late fees. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • nopegoat said:
    I'm the twatwaffle at my house today. 

Totally forgot to pay bills this month. Like all of them. I'm blaming being sick and pregnancy brain. We have the money, H thought the extra in the account was just his bonus his company told him was going on the next check. 

So now I get to call and see if they will waive late fees because I'm an idiot. 
    This was also me. Remembered when the mortgage company called. Ah well.
  • I work with high profile people... who approve literally anything with their face or name on it. The TW’s at work love to decide not to ask for approval until the last minute and say passive aggressive stuff like “If we can’t get fast approvals, we just cannot market your projects”. Stop. It. Just ask sooner. 
  • shawnacrestshawnacrest member
    edited November 2018
    Me. I am the twatwaffle 🤦🏼‍♀️. I somehow managed to lose my phone between my car and my house in a matter of minutes. It was on silent too.
  • Yes. This is perfect for today! Everyone is a damn TW today!

I work at an imaging facility, and my first patient (supposed to check in at 730, and I talked to her the night before) didn’t show. She rescheduled for later that evening. I learn that our 3rd coworker was not coming in, nor will she be coming back ever again. So we were down a person. 2 people to do a 3 person job. I had back to back MRI’s scheduled and EVERYONE SHOWED UP! Usually people cancel, no call/no show, or reschedule, but NOT TODAY!! So no lunch break, no pumping break (so my boobs hurt all day). My old boss asked me if she could add an exam on, and the pt would be there in 30 mins. I told her no, I’m exhausted, I’ve been at work since 7, and it’s not an emergency. She said, too bad, he’s coming anyways. So I had to scan that person too. I worked almost 12 hours today. So over it. 

Neither DH nor I wanted to cook when I got home so I went to KFC on my way home. Sat in the drive thru. They told me that the potato wedges were still cooking and to drive around, they would bring them out in about 3 mins. 8 mins goes by and nothing. So I walk in, all huffy. The guy sees me and throws down a box full of wedges and says, there ya go. I’m like, WTF asshole, where’s the rest of the food I ordered? I didn’t just order potato wedges. I had to give them my receipt and they had to make everything over again. 

Needless to say, today, everyone was a twatwaffle. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 That sounds like a top 3 worst day. D: Were you able to get any rest once you got home? 
  • I feel like a TW today for complaining about everything, but BOY do I hate the holidays around here. Traffic is a million times worse on roads that already can’t handle the normal levels, people are stressed out this time of year and they take it out on strangers, I feel so crappy that I never want to leave the house anymore but my 2 yo is chomping at the bit to go to something .... DH has had to work longer and later due to me losing my job... ugh. I’m a negative Nancy today and hating it. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• I have a standing desk at work and try to stand as much as I can, but being fatigued makes me sit a lot more. Yesterday some lady who I've never seen before stopped in my doorway and said, "OMG, she's sitting! I'm sorry, every day I walk by here and I always tell myself I have to ask this girl if she ever sits down. But now she is!!"
    I'm not a zoo exhibit. You don't have to refer to me in the third person. :rage:
  • @foodislove When I got home I pretty much ate, nursed my daughter to sleep, and went to sleep myself. She STTN, so that was super amazing! Today is much better!