Group 4 Check-In W/O 11/26

This thread is for those due May 22-31  

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

[Also, Borrowing from Group 2's check in this week  ;) ]
GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 4 Check-In W/O 11/26

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/28, 14 exact

Baby is the size of a(n): 8 oz filet mignon :lol:

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing until mid-December!

Rants/Raves?: I'm nursing a 2 day migraine. It just sucks. I'm sick of taking Tylenol.

How are you feeling?: See above. Otherwise pretty good. My nausea has gone down a lot which is awesome...but I'm sad it's been replaced with migraines. Update - literally right after I typed that, I threw up IN MY HAND. SO disgusting. I was able to make it to the kitchen sink to finish up but omg, that's never happened to me before and I'm so grossed out.

[Also, Borrowing from Group 2's check in this week   ]
    GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? We have most of the stuff we need! If it's a girl I'm pretty excited to buy clothes...probably still excited to add a few new things even if it's a boy. I'm still debating on a Halo bassinet since I'm thinking I'll end up with a RCS but they're so expensive! I'm not really dreading anything...diapers are annoying to buy but we already get them for DS so we'll just be buying two boxes at a time instead of one.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 

I know I keep bouncing back and forth, but for the bump sake, I am going to use 5/28 since I think that is still the most accurate and I'll use 6/2 in person. So I am 14 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): a peach

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Next appointment isn't until the 17th, but I should get the genetic results by the end of this week. 🤞

Rants/Raves?:

I am happy that people know now and I don't need to hide it because I definitely am starting to look pregnant and I would rather people not talk about me behind my back. I always had a super flat stomach (pear shape) so it is noticeable already.

How are you feeling?:

I had to start up Unisom again. I couldn't hold anything down and I was losing weight. I'll give it a couple more weeks. I feel almost functional while taking it so that is an improvement!

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why?

I am excited about all of the baby items! I am not really dreading anything but rather feeling nervous about the expense and overwhelmed by everything I need to do and get before baby comes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 28, 14 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): a mille-feuille pastry

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt is Dec 18.  Keeping an eye on my HR, if anymore weird spikes like yesterday then I’ll be bringing that up.  

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been feeling baby flutters and nudges the last few days and I love it 💕 💕 

How are you feeling?: Overall ok.  A LOT of RLP though and my stomach is always tight.  

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why?:  We have pretty much nothing anymore.  I’m excited to buy all the things but I’ve really been holding myself back.  We had so many “things” with the last two and I just don’t feel like everything was necessary.  I have been making a conscious effort to reduce our family’s footprint and limit excessive consumerism, so I’m keeping my eye out for good quality used pieces and heavily researching the things I want to buy new.  I really love that the Nuna Leaf Curv is not electric and that it appears to be very long lasting.  I think that will be my big splurge.  Not really dreading but I’ve been really on the fence about an infant car seat.  My last two babies got very limited use out of it so I’m considering skipping it, but have been researching the interior seat height (not easy info to come by!) this weekend because if I can find one that it taller I may go for it.  I expect I’ll want the convenience of the bucket seat next winter when I’m running around with the two older girls.   
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mcewen3 the RLP struggle is so real. My HR is fine but last time I went my BP was higher than normal. It was still in the normal range (125/70) but it's usually around 105/65-70. So, not really concerning but I'm definitely a little anxious about it since I got pre-e during delivery last time (albeit very very mild pre-e).

• Options
    @mcewen3 I actually stopped wearing my Garmin about a month ago because the HR spikes were making me anxious. I have noticed I just need to take it slow because it spikes much more easily doing simple things. Remember it is okay to take breaks and sit down if you need to. Growing a baby takes a lot out of you!
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/28/14 weeks today--exciting!

Baby is the size of a(n): apparently a 1977 star wars action figure  :lol:

Any appointments? Questions?: Dec 8th we have an elective ultrasound booked, next DR's appt is Dec. 20th. 

Rants/Raves?: I really need to get a haircut asap. My ends are starting to split and I tend to get scissor happy on them. My last cut was when I got my BFP, so I am due for a trim. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I've been getting up twice a night to pee now which is annoying. I think I'm feeling RLP when I stand up too quickly after sitting. 

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? Everything! Once we find out the sex, I can really start. My parents are buying our crib this week. I think my next big ticket item will be the infant car seat/travel system. I know his dad will just give us money because he's a single man who doesn't shop but that works for us. I'm just all around excited. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Thanks @lappymom2019 .  I only noticed it the one time yesterday, but I did have a small issue after delivering DD1 where my HR was really high and wouldn't come back down.  They were giving me meds and it still took several hours (while I was basically sleeping in bed), so that memory flashed before me when I noticed such a significant spike while walking the track yesterday (179 bpm, I was doing the same activity just last Friday and never saw it go above 120).  

@DuchessOfCambridge did your BP increase at all during your last pregnancy, or just during delivery?  Its definitely worth watching, but try not to make yourself too anxious over it.  We all know stress does nothing to help BP.
    The nurse recorded my BP incorrectly in my chart last week.  I had looked at the monitor when it finished so I knew what it was, then later on my doctor says we're going to have keep an eye on my BP because it was quite high.  I questioned her about it because I was sure it was within normal range and the nurse had recorded it as 165/85.  A far cry from the 120/80 that it had been on the monitor.  Doctor checked it herself and adjusted it but I was pissed.  
  • Options
    @mcewen3 it was only high during delivery, which is why I'm trying not to worry. I wasn't even stressed when she took it last so idk why it was higher than normal. Still in the normal range though so nothing to worry about plus I pee in a cup every time I go so they check for protein, and I'm on baby aspirin.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/23, 14+5

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Any appointments? Questions?:  Appt next week on Monday. 

Rants/Raves?:  NIPT came back low risk last week!  I apparently didn't read the form very closely and they had not requested the sex be revealed, so we wait until the AS in January.  I kind of like waiting so all the excitement isn't crammed into the early weeks. 

How are you feeling?:  Good, mostly just dealing with headaches and occasional constipation issues now.  

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why?  We have most things from DS still but since he'll be just shy of 20 months when this LO arrives, we're trying to decide if we need another crib or if we'll try to transition DS to a toddler bed. I'm thinking about getting a co-sleeper (thinking Arm's Reach) this time since our bassinet isn't very nice and we might keep LO in our room longer this time to avoid the crib issue. I'm also excited about buying some more clothes once we find out what this LO is! 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/26 14w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): chick! 🐥

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt isn't til December 17th but my question is what can I take when I'm feeling a common cold/extra mucus. 

Rants/Raves?: excited to start feeling flutters! I thought I've been feeling little flutters but hadn't told anyone in case it's really just gas 😂

How are you feeling?: still tired and nauseas and dealing with a protein aversion. 

Excited for a glider and not excited to have to research what is best for LO. It just sounds line a lot of work.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/30, 13+5

Baby is the size of a(n): potsticker!

Any appointments? Questions?: just a regular checkup on Friday, hopefully getting NT scan results this week as well

Rants/Raves?: on the official first day of second trimester yesterday I finally made it back to the gym! The decently in shape guy working out near me commented to me about a good job on "a beast of a workout" 💪🏼 (it was a barbell workout from my CrossFit box). I also stomached pulled pork tenderloin which I couldn't do a few weeks ago

How are you feeling?: Better I guess. Still feeling tired but not like I have been

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? I don't really need anything being that it's kid #3. Maybe just a new standard Tula since I traded mine in for a toddler size.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Pretty pretty much everything the Duchess said @kbeers13 .  I haven’t used it yet, but I do have straight elderberry syrup on hand for the first sight of my next cold.  Also, for mucus I cannot recommend a netipot enough.  There are a bunch of different brands that make nasal rinses, but I find the Netipot works the best.  I was dealing with a really awful case of lingering sinusitis ever since DD2 was born.  It would clear up but never fully and I would get a sinus infection with every mild cold because of it.  Once I started using the netipot regularly I was able to fully clear up the sinusitis.  I use it from the onset of a cold now too because I find it definitely shortens the length of my cold by continuously rinsing out all the junk
  • Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited November 2018
    @kbeers13 this is what my practice gave me in my "so you're going to have a baby ..." welcome to pregnancy packet, but obviously speak to your own midwife/ob. They didn't have anything listed for decongestant except topical vicks vaporub *sorry for the bad lighting in the picture! 
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: May 30 /13+5

Baby is the size of a(n): clown fish (or a lemon ) 

Any appointments? Questions?: not for a few more weeks, but we just got back the results of the NIPT and everything looks good. Yay! 

Rants/Raves?: not right now...

How are you feeling?: so much better  Nausea has really subsided a lot, although I still have flair ups occasionally and a surprise throw up here and there. Not too bad overall, but getting a little bit of sciatica pain. 

[Also, Borrowing from Group 2's check in this week ;) ]
    GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? We just bought an infant car seat, but haven't tackled the stroller yet  Not sure what to do about that - maybe we can find one used/on sale. 
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch for the advice guys! I appreciate it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/22; 14+2

Baby is the size of a(n): chick

Any appointments? Questions?: 14 week appt on Thursday. Is nair safe?

Rants/Raves?: the hair on my stomach grows so fast. Shaved last week and I'm already sporting a 5 o'clock shadow on happy trail and I don't normally get waxes. 😔. As the bump gets bigger will the hair start to disappear? 

Also, we announced to the parentals we were expecting last week. All of their reactions were priceless. We recorded it and compiled it into a minute movie, but i don't think I can upload movies here.

How are you feeling?: today i was tired. No nausea, but plenty of indigestion 

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? The crib and decor, in my head I'm the black Joanna Gaines. Lol. Breast pump freaks me out a bit, so I'm not exactly excited for it although I know the necessity.
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 22/ 15 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): orange

Any appointments? Questions?: I had a checkup Monday but I'm going back tomorrow morning for terrible back pain.

Rants/Raves?: It is way too cold outside!

How are you feeling?: Good except for my back, which has been incredibly painful. I couldn't even sleep well last night because it hurt just lying in bed.

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why?  I guess I'm excited to get some stuff for their room and clothes if it's a girl. I'm not excited about eventually needing to buy a high chair again, because I had a hard time finding one that wasn't too expensive before, and the one I ended up with sucked.
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 we have this one and love it because it's so easy to clean and it can fold up if you need it to. You technically can't do it one handed but I have mastered that so I personally would ignore those comments :lol: We have the grey one and it was pricier than I wanted it to be, but not as expensive as what's listed now. I'd camelcamelcamel and keep an eye on it (if you like the chair, of course).

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Total-Clean-High-Chair/dp/B071FTD6VM?th=1

• Options
    edited November 2018

Due date/W+D: May 27; 14+2

Baby is the size of a(n): peach/ baby chick 🐤

Any appointments? Questions?: had an appointment today and met my new OB. Also got to see baby 😊

Rants/Raves?: I really like my new OB. Also, I didn’t know I’d have an ultrasound today, so it was such a great surprise to be able to see my LO again ❤️

How are you feeling?: pretty good. My nausea has subsided, but only a bit. I’m still having nausea pretty regularly, but I’m able to control it a lot better and have had way less throwing up.

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? I’m really excited to buy everything (especially baby clothes!). I’m just dreading how much money I know I’m going to spend.
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 I had almost forgotten about the high chair.  I HATED our old high chair.  It looked great, the seat was easy to clean, but absolutely nothing else on it was.  There were so many little crevasses that I was constantly scraping with a butter knife because let’s face it, what kid confines their mess to the tray exclusively?  
    @DuchessOfCambridge I’m marking down your suggestion, and open to any others if anyone else has a high chair they’ve loved.  Bonus points if it has a really good recline because I would love to use it early on as a place to set baby in the kitchen or to pull up to the table during meals so that he/she can still be around the dinner table with all of us even if not actually eating.  
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 23/ 15 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Any appointments? Questions?: had my appt on Monday... had to redo pap smear since lubes got in the way the the first time.... so they did it without lube!! I swore lol

Rants/Raves?: see above lol

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Less napping is needed and nausea is definitely subsiding

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? I'm excited to buy a new car seat since our infant one is expired :) dreading... not really anything that I can think of!

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 22 | 15 +1

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment with my OB today! We got to hear the heartbeat and got some good news on my husband's blood work. I asked my OB about my sleeping positions because I keep waking up on my stomach and then having trouble going back to sleep. I usually never sleep that way and wish I could stop because I think it is giving me lower back pain. I ordered a pillow, so I am hoping that it improves.

Rants/Raves?: I have oily skin usually, but combo skin in winter and this pregnancy is driving me crazy. I cannot keep the pimples at bay, they just keep sprouting up. I also have been getting some cystic acne on my chin which is super painful and awful-looking for days.

How are you feeling?: Much better overall. Occasional nipple pain and general body aches. 

GTKY: What baby item are you super excited to buy? What item are you dreading? Why? We cleaned out the room we are using for the nursery, but have bought nothing. Planning some registry research this weekend, but I am not looking forward to having so many choices for everything.
  • Options
    @cwell2016 I am having really bad trouble with acne as well. Not just on my face either; it goes down my neck to my chest, and a little on my back too. It is really frustrating because I’ve never really had trouble with acne before, and I don’t wear makeup so it’s really embarrassing.
    New mommy to be!
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @fifthemperorofthesea I have more body acne too and of course, you can't use anything really strong to treat it. I usually wear minimal makeup, but nothing hides these bumps and they literally pop up any time. I have one in the middle of my forehead right now! 
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 23rd 15 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Any appointments? Questions?: nope

Rants/Raves?: Rant. My nausea is still hanging in there. I didn't have much with DS but this time it's been so consistent. Rave I'm in full Christmas mood and it makes me so excited!

How are you feeling?: Just nauseous everything else is feeling pretty good.

Excited for: A new playpen. I bought a secondhand one for DS and it was horrible and broke right away. I want to invest in a nice one with the bassinet this time.
    Dreading: Since DH just turned one last week we are having the debate on if we buy another crib or not. I want to because DS is sleeping great in his and it keeps him contained. I dont want to have to deal with  newborn feedings/wakeups and an wrangle an 18 month old  around the house in the middle of the night if he wakes up to.
  • Options
    @cwell2016 I know I wish I could just proactive this crap away! 
    New mommy to be!
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst do you plan to keep baby in your room for a little while after they’re born?  If so, I would personally wait until you’re ready to move baby to the crib/nursery before making the decision about a second crib.  Every kid is different.  Some stay in their crib until 3 years old, some climb out as soon as they’re able and you really can’t predict when it’s going to happen.  
    We may be getting a hand me down crib from a friend but if we didn’t I was fully planning on buying an ikea crib this go around.  Simple, cute and sturdy.  I spent way more on our old crib and I regretted it by the time DD2 came along.  If DD1 hadn’t climbed out of her crib when I was 8ish months pregnant we would have bought an ikea crib as the second crib for DD2 but ended up not needing to.  
  • Options
    @mcewen3 yes baby will be in our room for the first bit. That's a good idea though because he may very well be closer to 2 or ready to move into a bed by the time baby needs the crib. 
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst its so hard to tell at this stage, because babies grow and mature at such a rapid rate.  6 months from now your DS will be so different than he is right now, and a few more months down the road even more so.  I had full intentions of keeping DD1 in a crib as long as she would stay in it, and she never showed a single sign of wanting or trying to get out until the day she did it (at 22 months).  DD2 was taught by her naughty big sis to scale the side of our travel crib, had she not done that I think that DD2 may have lasted a little bit longer in the crib than she did.  DD1 showed her how to get out of the travel crib just after her 2nd bday, and even after that it took her a while to be brave enough to try the crib (there was a bigger drop climbing out of the crib) but it still wasn't more than a month later.
  • Options
    Ooh sneaky girls!! Haha if our kids didnt learn how to climb out they would probably be in cribs forever 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst could you keep #2 in the pack n play until DS is ready to be out of the crib? I don't know what to do about that myself. DS's crib turns into a toddler bed so I could do a few different things.

1) Buy another crib (bleh)
    2) Keep DS in crib/toddler bed, keep #2 in PnP
    3) Move DS to daybed with bed rail, give #2 crib

I don't know what the right solution is, but I do know we're not buying another crib yet and I know there are always people giving away bed rails in my Buy Nothing Facebook group so I'm trying not to stress about it yet.

• Options
    Also, I just realized our situation is different because DS doesn't know how to climb out of things, he can't get a strong enough grib with his left hand to get out of the PnP or the crib. So my advice is useless for a child who can use both hands effectively and climb out 😂

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge those are our options as well I think. So far DS doesnt seem to be a climber but he isnt walking yet either. Only time will tell! Maybe we will both be able to avoid having climbers!
  • Options
    Lurking from group 3 but @DuchessOfCambridge @ibanezstarburst we're also in the same spot. These kids will be 21 months apart but DD slept in the PnP in our room until 11 months so we can do the same thing which makes DD a few months shy of 3 by the time we'd need the crib, unless she crawls out earlier. I have no interest in buying a second crib, nor do we have the space.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 I feel like that is a good age to transition! There will be 18 months between this baby and our oldest so a bit closer together but I'm hoping we can make it work. We had to transition our oldest to his own room at 4 months because we all were having major sleep problems