July 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-In (EDD July 9-16) Week of 11/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
Baby is the size of a(n):
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves: 
Questions: 
GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet?

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
<3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

Re: Group 2 Check-In (EDD July 9-16) Week of 11/25

• mamahmh2mamahmh2 member
    edited November 2018
    Currently 7 weeks, 5 days, due 7/10
    Baby is the size of a computer keyboard key 
    upcoming appts: finally this week! 11/29 
    I’m feeling really queasy all the time, with pretty frequent vomiting. Ugh. Still spotting a little, but the nausea is keeping me from worrying about that too much. 
    Rants/Raves: I won’t lie (don’t flame me ;)) but the organization of this board is stressing me out already 😅 so many random threads, I feel like we aren’t really keeping with our board organization. 
    Questions: is anyone else feeling this way, or is it just my bad pregnancy anxiety? 
    GTKY: I’ve been attempting to decorate for Christmas but I’m so fatigued that I can never finish 😭 my house is a wreck and it’s killllling me! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 16 (6W6D)
    Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee! :heart:
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/4 initial appointment
    How are you feeling?: pretty ok. I got 11 hours of sleep the day after Thanksgiving and I think it was the reset I needed. I think my spotting from TDay is gone now - whew! No nausea, but I'm still burping like a frat boy :sweat_smile:
    Rants/Raves: I found out yesterday that my cat broke the front of her litter box. I'd say that explains why she hasn't been using it, but who knows with her. I really hope she starts using it again soon instead of spraying our freshly-painted dining room wall :/
    Questions: Anyone else having mild symptoms right now? 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? DH put Christmas lights on our house yesterday because it was warm out, and the two of us put up the tree and lit it, but no ornaments yet. (We're going to wait until we get new flooring.) I put up my grandma's old wreath and it reeks of musty basement :s 

@mamahmh2 I agree that the board organization is a little loose right now. March 2019 has a pinned thread that's sort of an "ask us anything" - do you (or anyone else) think that would be a good idea for us?
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9 7wks6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry
    Upcoming Appointments: finally made my first appt for Wed. 
    How are you feeling?: nausea and food aversions are kicking my butt. Bloat is horrible. Finally getting over the cold and stomach bug. 
    Rants/Raves: We've had so much rain and crap weather lately. My whole yard and farm area is still one huge muddy puddle. I hate it and it's such a huge pain to walk and work in. 
    Questions: Na. 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We do Christmas. And haven't started anything yet. We always go out to a local Christmas tree farm and cut down a live tree. 

@mamahmh2 Yea it's irritating me to. I have tried to redirect some but...
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @hestia14 I think it’s a great idea! You always have good thread ideas. Also happy to hear your spotting has tapered off 😊
    @nopegoat I know, I’ve seen you do that and I’ve tried to do the same, but I feel like it’s getting so repetitive... glad to know I’m not the only one though. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 6w6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/10 aka forever :/
    How are you feeling?: Symptoms have been very on/off lately. Today, the main thing I'm feeling is DIZZY. Like even sitting down :( Also after having no appetite all last week I am suddenly ravenous. Sinus ickyness coming and going.
    Rants/Raves: I am impatient, and waiting out this 1st tri/1st OB appt/not telling anyone is driving me crazy. I have already told my immediate family members even though I hadn't planned to lol. But I'm glad I did. Let's just hope I can keep it together one more month at least. Weather here sucks too, just gray and rainy. Raves: I got to see my fur kids after a week away and I love how excited they get when I come home :blush:
    Questions: Nope.
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? Christmas. Yeah but I think I'm gonna keep it minimalist this year. I don't even have the energy to put ornaments on the tree but maybe soon..... Definitely starting in on the holiday movies though!! So cheesy but so good.

I'm hoping the board organization will improve with time. Still getting lots of new mamas who may not be familiar with TB yet. I'm getting more and more generally annoyed on the Internet when people are always asking questions they could easily find the answers to if they just looked for a few seconds or googled it. But that is everywhere, not just here.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/01, 7w1d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/24 - Maternity Counselor and then also with my OB to have my Maternity21 test
    How are you feeling?: Digestive issues and a bit nauseous and always ready for a nap lol
    Rants/Raves: I am so happy that we saw a heartbeat at the ultrasound.  Now just hoping it sticks in there until the 11 week appointment and that genetically all things are good and then I think I might start to believe we will get to bring this one home!
    Questions: 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? Christmas.  The tree is up and we put up our outside lights yesterday!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th, 7w+2

Upcoming Appointments: December 5th. Almost there! 

How are you feeling?: so awful! Nauseas is in full swing

Rants/Raves: DS is back at school today after being off for thanksgiving. I loved having him home all week, but we all missed the routine of school. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We celebrate Christmas! We bought our tree yesterday, and will decorate throughout the week! 

Im so glad I’m not the only one bothered by the lack of board organization. I get there are still new people joining, but having multiple threads asking about the same things is a bit annoying. I’ve re directed a few times but wasn’t sure if people cared or not about the organization. Happy to donit though, because we don’t need a bunch of threads about random symptoms, when there is a dedicated symptoms thread every week! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ironcat2300ironcat2300 member
    edited November 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16?:7w6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): headphone earbud
    Upcoming Appointments: Thursday 11/29
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, which makes me nervous. Went camping last week Th-Sun and felt almost no symptoms. Back to work today and I am feeling a bit queezy. I am SO READY for my first appointment with my midwife!! I want to POAS one more time before I go to make sure there are no surprises- I’ve already had three strong positives on 11/1, 4, and 9. 
    Rants/Raves: Constipation- that is all. 
    Questions: Should I take another test before Thursday for peace of mind?
    GTKY: Finally took down Halloween decorations.  House is under construction so I’m not sure how much Christmas decorating I’ll be doing. 
  • @ironcat2300 many of us have had symptoms come and go - don't worry yourself sick over it!!  It is probably totally fine. If you really want to take a HPT you can, but it's not going to tell you anything new. Just try to relax <3<3 **I am a total hypocrite because I do the same things you are doing, so I'm also talking to myself :p**
  • @quinniebear Thanks for the response :smile: Let’s see if I can hold out! Haha!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/11 - 7w4d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/4 patiently (or not) waiting!!
    How are you feeling?: actually pretty good lately
    Rants/Raves: 6 weeks in I had full blown nausea and was so so exhausted but once week 7 hit I started feeling pretty good - also trying not to worry about it just like some of you guys have said.. trying to remember that even the more subtle symptoms still count
    Questions: any chance they will do Doppler at my 8 1/2 week appointment? They said no US so just looking for some confirmation/peace of mind? 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We celebrate Christmas - we have a tradition of going for a tree the day after thanksgiving so that is up and my house is all decorated inside - so cozy!! Still have to do outside lights at some point
  • @bzcuddy my office won’t do the Doppler until 12 weeks, and they always told me even then, that it is still a bit difficult to hear the heartbeat, so not to worry if they didn’t find it. Easier said than done! I would call and ask before your appointment to see if they’ll do it for you
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/11- 7+4
    Baby is the size of a(n): macaroni I think 
    Upcoming Appointments: not for a couple weeks still.
    How are you feeling?: tired and nauseous. Definitely not doing my best parenting right now.
    Rants/Raves: I wish that I could take some leave from work in the first trimester.
    Questions: None
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We celebrate Christmas. Our tree is up and it’s going better with my toddler than I anticipated.
  • I just learned I go here now! I thought my EDD was a little later. 

EDD: 7/9. I’m 7+6 today 

appointments: I just had one today. U/S looked great and HB was 167

rants/raves: I hated getting on the scale today. I am so happy with my body right now by my weight is a terrible indication of my body composition/size/strength. I just hate seeing numbers. 

GTKY: we do Christmas here. I’m hosting three parties this month and getting very excited about them. I convinced H to let me put up three trees this year. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: W7 D1

Baby is the size of a(n): coffee bean

Upcoming Appointments: US in 2 days

How are you feeling?: tired, dizzy, exhausted

Rants/Raves: 😥Anyone else not feeling elated? I want so bad to be excited about being pregnant but I just haven't felt it yet. My husband and I planned this and all, but it still doesn't feel like great timing. My husband is out of work, his dog was put down last week, and he's even moodier than I am. He stormed out of the house tonight after I asked him to start the dishwasher and said he didn't care if I was mad about it 😡

Question: Is anyone else's partner being a pain in the ass yet? Would love to know I'm not alone
  • @tn_player3_july19 sounds like he's had a rough time lately 🙁 My H has his moments for sure. I have been feeling more anxious than elated even though I truly am. I know it's just my anxiety, but it's still frustrating. Hoping it goes away as things progress.
  • 7 weeks 6 days, due July 10ish

baby is big as a blueberry (over 1cm already!)

just had had an appointment a week ago and a follow up U/S today and everything looked great! :)

feeling pretty crappy-constant nausea and nasal congestion, hoping there is an end in sight soon! Last pregnancy my MS eased off at 9 weeks!

Rants/raves: no current rants, just happy to be living in the Tropics and having the opportunity to go to the beach this weekend 😁 

We celebrate Christmas and thankful that my mother set up our tree because I totally suck at decorating 😂
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/11/19?
    Upcoming Appointments: 1st appt December 18th 😒 
    How are you feeling?: so far so good! Definitely less energy
    Rants/Raves: the excitement and nervousness that comes along with getting through the first trimester so that I can start telling people! Definitely making people suspicious at social gatherings when I’m not having wine or a cocktail.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Going to Dallas for the holidays and looking forward to telling my in laws then since it’ll be about 3 months 😌
  • I agree with you guys about the board organization. They drive by posts are annoying. Look around there is a thread for that people.
  • I posted the idea of a questions thread in Randoms this week so everyone can discuss it in one place. 

Side note, I have a potentially dumb question - I see people talking about "MS" in the symptoms thread, but what does that stand for? All I can think of is multiple sclerosis and I know that can't be right... 

@knottiea1b82a6aca31c31c - have you tried carrying around short soda water on the rocks with lime? That's what I did at my work holiday party. I asked the bartender for an extra lime and she threw in a cherry, too. It was pretty good! :) 
    Also, you might want to change your username to something other than "knottie" with a bunch of numbers. There's a thread on this board that shows you how to do it. It will be a lot easier for us to get to know you and tag you! :) 
  • @hestia14 that’s what I thought at first too 😂 I’m thinking it’s Morning Sickness 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• **lurking from Group 3**

YES to everyone regarding board organization.  I'm trying to be super supportive and not bitchy but seriously there are spots for that.  and if you don't think there are than ask it in randoms or your group! just don't make a random thread!
  • @hestia14 I know it's morning sickness, but I think multiple sclerosis every time I see it too!
  • @hestia14 I just figured that out today haha
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 8w
    Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 
    Upcoming Appointments: next Monday 
    How are you feeling?: hungry but not, nothing sounds good
    Rants/Raves: 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We celebrate Christmas. We did some of the inside and not the outside yet  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w1d
    Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry :)
    Upcoming Appointments: US in 3 days 
    How are you feeling?: tired, gassy, bloated and gaining weight. But no more sore boobs and no nausea. Trying not to read much into that. 
    Rants/Raves: off to the Maldives but really feeling down coz I can't fit into any of my cute beach outfits. Only packed big flowy dresses. Hope I'll get to wear the tiny rompers and tight beach dresses sometime soon. Right now I just look fat, not pregnant. Hiding with big clothes but I'll start getting obvious soon... 
    Questions: nervous for US. Is that normal? 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? CHRISTMAS! YAY Not celebrating this year though. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15 so I'm 7+2 today

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry. Each week when I get a new size, that's what we call it. Last week we talked about the sesame seed, this week it's blueberry. I'm wondering what nickname will end up sticking. 

Upcoming Appointments: Blood draw tomorrow to look at hCG levels (freaked out about some spotting... see rants/raves). US scheduled for 12/19 which seems like a lifetime from now!

How are you feeling?: Scarily good. Fatigue and sore boobs with some cramping at night. No nausea yet. I can't tell if my cravings/food aversions are real or in my head. They haven't been overly strong, but I do seriously have a love for tomato soup right now!

Rants/Raves: I'm a FTM and my family had a traumatic Thanksgiving. Dad was flown to a hospital in Denver and underwent emergency open heart surgery. He's home and recovering now. No one knows yet so when I had spotting on Thanksgiving I FREAKED OUT. (Did you know that signs of a "normal" pregnancy could also be signs of miscarriage? Talk about setting us up for stress when we're already hormonal!) The stress from dad's emergency, mixed with a holiday spent in a hospital and sprinkled with a good old fashioned hormonal freakout made for a VERY long weekend. Good news: I had a blood draw on Monday which looked good. I'm hoping for more positive news tomorrow so we can continue to be excited about the blueberry. 

Questions: I see a lot of moms commenting about not getting too freaked out by this or that. With so much uncertainty in the first trimester, how do you keep a level head? I'm seriously not very successful at it right now.

GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? We are Christmas folks. I made my mom help me with the tree 3 weeks ago! I turn it on every night for the whole neighborhood to see! It'll be up until February too. Yeah, I'm that kind of a person!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks 4 days due 7/13
    Upcoming Appointments: today!! 😌
    How are you feeling?: so gassy/bloated 
    Rants/Raves: rant:since my last baby was over 9 pounds I had to take a gluclose test today without any warning...I ate a bowl of noodles before I went 😑 
    Questions: anyone else nervous about being pregnant in the middle of summer!? I suppose it depends where you are located! 
    GTKY: Got my Christmas trees Black Friday and so far all I’ve done is put the lights on! If I could sleep all day I most definitely would! 
  • @cindler for me it’s not so much don’t freak out, it’s just reminding myself that I can only control so much. I try and make the best decisions for baby and me, and the rest unfortunately is out of my control. So I still worry, just try and focus on what I can do. 

@kmk8813 that stinks they just sprung it on you! I’ll be doing a glucose test at 16 weeks and again at 28 since my son was considered big for his gestational age. Hope your results come back just fine! 
  • sunshine525sunshine525 member
    edited November 2018
    @cindler I’m sorry to hear about your dad! My dad had open heart surgery when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my second. That will throw ya right into labor! Whew! Praying for a smooth recovery. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16 7w2d
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/11
    How are you feeling?: I have a lot of nausea
    Rants/Raves: I really want to continue a low carb diet during my pregnancy, but the nausea has been getting the best of me and carbs are all that sound good. 
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet?
    Christmas, the house is decorated and I’ve finished buying all Christmas presents! Woohoo!!
  • @kmk8813 this is my 4th summer baby and honestly I prefer it over my 1 winter baby. I'm in Texas so it's absolutely miserable, hot and humid but it's so much easier to dress for a summer pregnancy than a winter. Also my boys will be out of school for summer break so that helps too. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @cindler I'm sorry to hear about your dad :( but that's good he's OK now! I'm in the same boat: my symptoms are very mild right now and I had brief spotting over Thanksgiving weekend. (I'm jealous you can still eat tomato soup, though - that gives me a stomachache :p ) The thing I try to keep in mind is if something really was wrong, my body would probably tell me loud and clear. Definitely nervous for that first appointment/ultrasound, though.
  • Hey all, super glad to FINALLY be able to respond...

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 16, still haven't had a first appointment yet though so the date might change
    Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry (i think this nickname might stick for the whole pregnancy too because baby loves berries!)
    Upcoming Appointments: on 17th & cant wait
    How are you feeling?: I'm feeling all of the things. I love walking around knowing i have ththiththis HUGE awesome secret that no one else knows (except my honey & parents). My stomach is always grumbly with no morning sickness but ALL of the indigestion and acid reflux. Super tired too, getting through the work day without a nap is tough! And i hate having to pee so much more often than usual.
    Rants/Raves: see above... lol
    Questions: none that i can think of
    GTKY: What holidays do you celebrate in December? Has anyone started decorating yet? Christmas. Just got the decorations out today and my nativity is up. More decorating tomorrow.