Infertility
Options

Cancelled FET cycle - questions

hi everyone,
ive been straddling the Nov/Dec FET boards but hoping more people will see my question this way. Just found out today my FET is being cancelled due to thin lining, I have been taking estrace for 3 weeks now and it won’t budge past a 6mm. Anyone who has experienced this please let me know..
1. How long did it take AF to come? I thought they might have me start the progesterone just to finish mimicking a natural cycle but was just instructed to “stop all meds”
2. What did you change you’re protocol to? I think my options are natural cycle or mini stims. My lining is naturally thin (6mm at IUI trigger) so I don’t know if a natural cycle would be a good option. 

*TW* I also just had a D&C last month and wondering if this might have contributed to lining issues this cycle. My last FET that was successful (until it wasn’t) I was at a 7.1 end *TW*
TIA!

Re: Cancelled FET cycle - questions

• Options
    @leilee101 this happened to me. You were on estrace right? They gave me 7 days of provera to induce a period and I got my period 3 days after I stopped it so it took 10 days to get AF. I also recently had a d&c we are doing a natural stimulation cycle since I always had good lining while on stim meds. Your body can respond differently cycle to cycle so it’s hard to say exactly what is causing it could be the d&c could be a bad cycle. You’ll probably get a better idea when you start next cycle. What are you leaning towards? Sorry you’re dealing with this, I know I felt pretty deflated after my cycle recently got cancelled. Hope the plan you decide on works for you! 
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 thank you for sharing! I asked about taking anything to induce the period and she just said to wait for AF to come. It wasn’t my regular dr tho, just the dr on call for the weekend so I might try to ask for that on Monday. I’m not sure what I’m leaning towards for next cycle, on one hand I really like the idea of a natural cycle but on the other hand I also responded quite well to stims during my IVF cycle and my lining got to 8. But then it compacted (??) And went down to 6.2 when I triggered. All of this is so confusing!

it is definitely quite deflating, I was expecting to have my transfer next week and now I’m not having it at all. So much anticipation built up, I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me 😖
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leilee101 I would def ask your doctor on Monday cause it’s possible now that you stop meds you may actually ovulate on your own. Provera is progesterone and your body wont be producing it yet because this is essentially an annovulatory cycle. Lining always compacts after progesterone and thins a bit. I honestly don’t know what my lining would be without medication since I’ve never had a scan ovulating normally so we’re gonna add gonal f to be safe