Cremation Option? — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cremation Option?

Has anyone done this? A friend miscarried at 7-8 weeks and brought the remains to a funeral home. They cremated the remains, returned them in an urn, and gave her a death certificate. She is trying to figure out what to do with the ashes and may scatter them somewhere. I am considering this. I can’t explain why this feels good to me.

Here is an article I found by a woman who did the same. I found this helpful too.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2018/november/miscarriage-cremated-my-unborn-son.html?share=7ZtKUxgDLLXyy9d%2BqmazbGaqTfEKneW2&fbclid=IwAR2WPH48uPojz6miRnSWkLo5LveUfD2gdWj01RewxXpCoJ59ngYgXvmd0d0
**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
  Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Cremation Option?

• I was offered this with each of my losses but declined to do with any.  I do attend a memorial service each year.  In addition I have a memorial stone in my flower bed at home and planted a perennial for each loss.  This way I have a place to go to whenever I want.  You have to figure out what works best for you.  It’s a horrible process to go through but I’m sure you will do what is right for you 
  • We are getting our baby's ashes back. We were 17 weeks. We were going to plant a tree.