Miss Being Pregnant / Giving Birth. Can't Stop Crying. — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Miss Being Pregnant / Giving Birth. Can't Stop Crying.

I feel silly for saying this, but I have been crying on and off since we've returned home from the hospital after I had our second baby 5 days ago. We live states away from our families, but I was lucky enough to have my parents arrive for the labor & delivery/to help out after and to give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby. However, I find myself crying over no longer being pregnant.

No long feeling my bump and the bond of our sweet babe moving. I miss my OBGYN appointment, ultrasound screenings and the anticipation of our baby. I even miss my labor and delivery!! I was so scared before, but it went incredible and was peaceful like I was hoping for. I had a great support system and wonderful stay at the hospital.

Is this normal? I'm not sure if I should be talking to someone about this and if this feeling ever goes away. I just cry randomly through out the day missing what I has just a week ago. I am beyond thankful for my healthy baby's arrival and love him tremendously, but I feel like this pregnancy went by so quick that I didn't get to cherish it as much as I'd like :(