June 2019 Moms
Options

Group 4 check in (due June 23-30) Week of 11/19

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?)

Re: Group 4 check in (due June 23-30) Week of 11/19

• Options

Due date/W+D: Our due date was bumped up a few days to July 3rd (from 6/30) so now 7+5 (c-section scheduled for 6/26 due to my internal anatomy, I'm not able to deliver vaginally)

Baby is the size of a(n): pistacchio 

Any appointments? Questions?: today we had our ultrasound, heard the heartbeat and got some photos. I did find out that my uterus is now tilted, probably from my previous c-section, but it is nothing my dr is concerned with. baby looks great, just measuring a few days behind based on LMP

Rants/Raves?: I am so relieved. what was weird is she thought she saw a second baby but then said she found just the one with one heartbeat so I'm assuming we have just one in the oven? 

How are you feeling?: M/S is still there but not as bad....found out all my back pain is from my tilted uterus. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) I am looking forward to making the leftover thanksgiving meal sandwich.....turkey, mashed sweet potato, cranberry sauce, and stuffing smushed together. yum! 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 06/26, so 8w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Gummy Bear!

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my blood test last week and met with a nurse, who was absolutely amazing. FTM here, and I always get nervous at the doctor, but she made me feel so much better about my concerns.

Rants/Raves?: For the most part, I am loving being pregnant—even when I feel like crap, I’m so happy.

How are you feeling?: Each day is different—Saturday I puked twice and felt nauseous all day. Yesterday was better. No puking today, but feeling like crap tonight due to nausea and constipation. But still just trying to love every minute and trying to be especially grateful for the good days!

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?): Alllll the sides, smothered in gravy, and the leftover sandwich, smothered in gravy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D:  6/29

Baby is the size of a(n): Rasberry

Any appointments? Questions?: I've already had three. Next one isn't until Dec. 10 where we do the genetic screening bloodwork and another ultrasound. We also get to find out the gender from the blood test! We're exciting about that.

Rants/Raves?: It's hard to stay quiet about the good news! 

How are you feeling?: Some days I feel like my normal self and I get a little worried about how good I feel. Other days I am so nauseous that eating is unappealing. I've actually lost weight so far in my pregnancy. I only had one throwing up episode and that was a couple days before I was expecting my period. I'm still feeling pretty worried overall. I didn't make it to the second trimester last time and I really hope I do this time. 

GTKY: The turkey with gravy. My mom makes a juicy turkey.

• Options

Due date/W+D: June 23rd, 9+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment tomorrow. It’s sort of a bonus ultrasound for my peace of mind. I’ve had two already.

Rants/Raves?: I’m visiting family this week, and I’ve just been constantly going and going. I need to just take a few hours for myself and rest, but I don’t really see that happening.

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous some. I’m trying to eat as much as I can, but I’ve only been able to eat about half the amount of food I normally eat, so I am a little worried about that since it’s lasted over four weeks like this.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) I’m not big on most Thanksgiving foods, but I do love good rolls and mashed potatoes. I’ll probably have that and some turkey and call it good.

• Options

Due date/W+D: they changed my due date to June 20th but I don’t believe them so I’m still posting here :-D according to them I’m 9+4. 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry! 

Oh man. I totally thought of a question to ask my doctor earlier and then forgot it. The pregnancy brain is real! My next appointment is December 7th  

Rants/Raves?: I posted in the symptoms thread that one of my coworkers got on my case about what I’m eating and it made me irritated. The unsolicited advice has started! 

How are you feeling?: 

Right this second I feel ok and it’s glorious! I feel sick a lot still. The symptom driving me crazy is all the extra mucus. It drains and chokes me which makes me throw up. I’m exhausted and want to go to bed at 6pm, lol. My boobs hurt. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?)

Honestly, nothing lol. I hope that on thanksgiving I’m able to eat. The only thing that sounds remotely good is mashed potatoes. 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 8+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: US today.

Rants/Raves?: Today is my last day of work this week and I'm wearing jeain. So the days is starting out well!

How are you feeling?: Tired mostly with some other symptoms sprinkled in.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) Its a toss up between stuffing and mashed potatoes/gravy. And I love leftovers on a sandwich the day after.

• Options
    Thinking of you today, I hope your ultrasound goes well @ruby696!
  • Options
    ohheyitsbohheyitsb member
    edited November 2018

@kjr9519 & @ruby696 good luck at your u/s!

Due date/W+D: 8+7

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of popcorn! 

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a follow up next week. Next u/sisn’t until December 13th. I’m not going to lie...The recent TW goodbye post got to me. Not only am I heartbroken for our member but I’m a bit more anxious myself. I wish I had another u/s next week.

Rants/Raves?: My manager told me he disclosed my pregnancy to the other managers because I guess another person is pregnant and they are trying to brainstorm coverage for the summer. I’m actually really annoyed because I told him in confidence and that I specifically would not be announcing until end of December. I guess he told them this as well but it is work and I don’t trust it will stay quiet. As I’m typing this I’m actually getting more and more upset about it.  

How are you feeling?: Alright. Still off and on with nausea and exhaustion. Not as bad as last week.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) I’m with @antera23 in the sense I just hope I CAN eat! I’ve had bizarre food aversions so I’m curious if anything I normally enjoy will be a no-go. I’m a big fan of stuffing, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes!

• Options

Due date/W+D: June 25/9.0

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: OB Education appointment tomorrow with a nurse. I don't see my actual OB until the first week of December, and apparently no US until 20 weeks?

Rants/Raves?: Rant: DH is in KC for a tournament. I didn't go (wasn't sure how I'd be feeling, plus didn't really think too much about it) but found out yesterday I think everyone I know went. So having some serious FOMO now. But oh well...if that's my biggest complaint I'm doing OK. Rave: hung out with my niece and nephew (and sister) again yesterday and watched Pocahontas. Sometimes I wish I lived in the same town as them, because I just love spending time with them.

How are you feeling?: Honestly? Completely normal. I crashed early last night (after chasing around a couple kids all afternoon) but that's about it. The food aversions are subsiding, I never really had much in the way of nausea, and my boobs don't even really hurt much anymore. I figured out where to put a pillow and my hip pain went away. So naturally I'm kind of nervous now that something is wrong. (Will ask at OB Ed tomorrow.)

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) Sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. I don't even care that it's out of a can. And stuffing! Yum. Forget the turkey. Just give me alllll the sodium.

• Options

Due date/W+D: June 23rd/ 9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: next Thursday 11/27 to try to hear the heartbeat 💗 I’m pretty sure I don’t get an ultrasound until 20 weeks.

Rants/Raves?: So glad I’m off work until Saturday and the kids are out of school so I get to sleep in (which means 6:30 or 7 but it’s better than 5:30)! I’m also excited to run the thanksgiving 10k tomorrow. When I found out I was pregnant I was hoping I’d still feel up to it.

How are you feeling?: I feel like I have slightly more energy than the past few weeks. MS has been worse though, especially at night.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) All of it! Thanksgiving is my favorite. It’s just the 4 of us, but I still go all out and make all the goodies.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 7/4, 7+5 (I think? My date has changed so many times I’m getting whiplash)

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key 

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my 2nd ultrasound yesterday with my SO. Everything was good, but the little floater was smaller than it should have been at 9-ish weeks so they put me closer to 7. Technically we’re predicting for July but I’m committed to this group, dang it. That also means my first appt I was closer to 5 weeks and it’s pretty cool my midwife found a heartbeat that early.

Rants/Raves?: I have to go to a christening, a gender reveal, thanksgiving, and possibly Christmas Eve before I’ll be ready to tell. I don’t want to go to all this baby stuff. I also don’t want people to come at me for not drinking or corner me and ask about family planning.

How are you feeling?: Yesterday I felt great. Today I got hit with awful nausea and sweating and then a chill that made me wonder if it was more than MS. Maybe I ate something that my body didn’t like.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? I’m wondering if I’ll have any appetite at all! Usually my absolute favorite is stuffing.  Mmmm!

• Options

Due date/W+D: June 26  / 9w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Green olive

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing till December. 

Rants/Raves?: Hooray for short weeks! I'm in Europe, so there's no Thanksgiving weekend here, but I always take Friday off in preparation for our annual Friendsgiving. We always do it on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend because trying to cook a full Thanksgiving meal in the middle of a work week is madness. My son will still be going to daycare so it's like an extra special day off. 

How are you feeling?: Still SO TIRED and on and off MS. I've noticed when I'm super busy and involved, the MS stays away -- probably because I'm too busy to think about it. But on the other hand, then I'm busy and that makes me extra tired. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?)  STUFFING. I'm tempted to make two stuffings, just to have some extra... Stuffing is the greatest. 

• Options

Due date/W+D: July 2nd/ 8+1( ultrasound puts me at July 6, 7+3?) so I go here! I feel a bit weird still hanging here with the bumped up date from the ultrasound, but the July board be crazy and I like you ladies. I don’t mind being the last in the group. Also, my son measured behind at his first ultrasound, and then by the anatomy scan he was ahead so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until insurance worked out 

Rants/Raves?: I’m pretty happy the MS is come and go this time and not constant 

How are you feeling?: MS sucks, can’t do a ton before I have to sit down... just the general suckiness of first tri 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to eating most on Thanksgiving? (For our Canadian moms, what did you enjoy most?) I surprisingly want allllll the food, but I do not have the energy to cook, and it’s only the three of us anyways (4??). So we’re going to Whole Foods and I’ll just get whatever is vegan. I might convince DH to let me bring home a tofurkey roast and some pie 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @die_frau are you in germany? And YES to stuffing!

@tuxielove93 I’m in the same boat!
  • Options
    @die_frau are you in germany? And YES to stuffing!

@tuxielove93 I’m in the same boat!
    Close, across the border in Switzerland! 
  • Options

Due date/W+D:       9+3, 6/25

Baby is the size of a(n):  Cherry/Date

I’m booking in NIPT next week. Was initially not going to do it but now we’ve decided I may as well. We get to know the gender before we tell the family- and know everything is okay at that point in time.

Rants/Raves?:  I just want the next 2.5 weeks to be over. I want to get to that 12w mark.

How are you feeling?: 

Surprisingly well *touch wood*. Nausea was worst for me Wk 7 and Wk 8. I’m still not enthused by food at the moment. So I’ve lost a little weight rather than gaining it, which is probably a good thing because I was/am overweight to begin with. Bloating to excess though. Unbuttoning my pants inconspicuously has become a ‘thing’.

We haven’t celebrated yet (Hoosier born, live in Australia). Work has been too hectic and there’s no public holiday this side of the world. Decided to put it off till next week. But, when we do I can’t wait to tuck in to some green bean casserole, some corn bread and apple sauce. Actually, perhaps also some broccoli salad :)

• Options
    A bit late to this week's post... I'm 9w3d EDD 6/27 (by my calculations at least). My first Dr appointment is tomorrow morning! 

I'm a STM and feel sooo much more laid back and at ease with this pregnancy. As soon as we find out LO is all good at the US tomorrow, I will be doing really great! I am feeling nauseous and thirsty. Way more nauseous than I was with DD1. Fingers crossed we have a boy brewin'!

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is candied yams. Going to have left overs again tonight!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker