July 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 11/19

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
Baby is the size of a(n):
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves: 
Questions: 
GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 11/19

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks 5 days !

Baby is the size of a(n): width of a straw 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday 23rd Nov to tell my family doctor I am pregnant.

How are you feeling?: I am good :) no real cramping but more nausea throughout the day.

Rants/Raves: I wish my symptoms were more clear cut to indicate pregnancy. I don't know if I'm feeling sick cause of the vitamins or cause of pregnancy. Or if my tiredness is from lack of caffiene or from pregnancy. I also wish time would go a bit quicker. I wanna see my baby in a scan 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet?  Baby Punk. DH and I call each other punks jokingly, so this is our protégé :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23/ 5w

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange seed

Upcoming Appointments: December 28th

How are you feeling?: Off and on nausea. Diarrhea still. Ugh remember that from my first pregnancy too! Lightening crotch started at 4w 5d. Insomnia like crazy.

Rants/Raves: None at the moment

Questions: Can’t think of anything.

GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? George/Georgie if it’s a boy middle name will be George after DH’s late father. So we’ve been calling imaginary baby that for quite some time (way before pregnancy). 😁
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th / 5+4
    Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn
    Upcoming Appointments: 11/26 (based on other posts i've read, it sounds like this is called a viability U/S?)
    How are you feeling?: Oh goodness--I think i need to get off these extra hormones.  I had two breakdowns this weekend.  One involved me having a complete meltdown over yesterday's breakfast (thankfully still in my house and not in public) 
    Rants/Raves: I just can't wait for my next appointment, the PIO shots are getting to be painful, and i want to know if i can get back to normal activities. I want to start walking on the treadmill more and maybe getting back to my swim classes.  RAVE: MH offered and took the dog for a walk this morning. it sounds cheesy for it to be a rave, but in the past 5 years he's done her morning walk maybe 3 other times...it was so thoughtful. 
    Questions: Are your SO's excited? MH is not the excited type, about anything.  We did IVF so obviously he's on board--we wouldn't have spent the money if he wasn't.
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? nothing yet--i think we are still waiting to see if it's sticking.  
  • @mamanbebe I'll have to remember the acv trick! also it's so crazy to think of how small the baby is! i love the m on the m&m.  

@thebabynumberone that's cute that you are calling your baby "baby punk" it makes me want to think of something fun now too.

@abmeier I'm sorry for the insomnia--did you have that with your first too? I've been sleeping like the dead for the first 6 hours each night and then toss and turn every 20/40 minutes for the last bit.  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 | 4wk5d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Fleck of Sea Salt
    Upcoming Appointments: Calling my doc to make appt probably today or tomorrow.
    How are you feeling?: Other than fatigue and emotional, I'm okay. I cried a lot this weekend as my kid barely slept so my fatigue was even worse. I get an occasional cramp, and my appetite is very very low suddenly. 
    Rants/Raves:
    RANT: DH is sick while on his work trip. I was relying on him being able to help me catch up on my rest when he gets home, but apparently he's so sick he's shaking and near vomit, and he had 24 hours of travel tomorrow that will definitely just make him worse. Soooo pissed. As a family, we've been basically sick except for one week since August.
    RAVE: My female coworkers whom I love and look up to as mentors invited me for girls day on Wednesday - work is closed, daycare is open. We're brunching and getting our nails done. I am so grateful for their love.
    Questions: Any other STMs planning on a VBAC? 
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? Not yet. *TW* We nicknamed our LO in a pregnancy that ended in a CP within the week. It hurt so bad. I told DH I don't want to name the baby til we get a healthy scan. *end TW* My female coworkers (only two I've told outside DH and my BFF) want to call the baby Poppy.
  • @mamanbebe If you have no apple cider vinegar on hand, I found lemon water also does the trick. 

@blackhottamales DH is tentatively excited, as I am. We haven't really had time to process as we tested while on vacation for a wedding and he had to go on his work trip as soon as we get back. I think once we have an appt, DH will be over the moon and making plans. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20th 5 weeks 2 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): Orange Seed
    Upcoming Appointments: 1st appointment on 12/11 I'll be 8 weeks 3 days then.
    How are you feeling?: Pretty normal most of the time except for occasional mild nausea, sore boobs, and felt more tired in my barre class this morning.
    Rants/Raves: I'm torn on if we should tell our parents at Thanksgiving without the scan, but DH is adamant they need to be the first to know. I need to tell my friend in 2 weeks when we go bridesmaid dress shopping for her wedding. Raves: Made it through a brunch and a bridal shower this past weekend without anyone catching on that I didn't drink. 
    Questions: None yet.
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? Not yet. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: I think July 22nd - 5 weeks today
    Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn
    Upcoming Appointments: dating scan this evening
    How are you feeling?: Nervous for my scan tonight! Physically, nausea is starting to show up here and there. Especially if I'm not eating regularly. Otherwise feeling pretty good!
    Rants/Raves: DH wants to tell his family on Thanksgiving so we can tell them in person because we never got to. I don't want to tell yet because it's soo early. Ugh... can't decide what to do. Then I'd feel obligated to tell my family too.
    Questions: none :smile:
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? Not really... not sure if we will or if it will just be "the baby" lol.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 / 5w2d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 
    Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound is on Monday!
    How are you feeling?: Very tired
    Rants/Raves: After 3 years TTC this is the first time I’ve ever been pregnant! We ended up going the IVF route and I’m just so grateful and still can’t believe it worked!
    Questions: None yet.
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? Since we did IVF we learned the gender in June! We’re having a girl and our nickname for her right now is “lil so-so” from one of our favorite characters on a tv show!
  • @mamao111 That's amazing that you can know that early with IVF. Your nickname is adorable!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks 0 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): Orange Seed
    Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until Dec 10
    How are you feeling?: Heartburn is a B
    Rants/Raves: Hubs still hasn't asked when I'm due, so there's that...
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? We call this baby "Petrie" (like from Land Before Time)
  • @nerdtoyourmother Is your DH still getting used to the news or has he just figured baby comes when it comes?
    @mamao111 How exciting! Good luck with your US on Monday! 
    @ccmama3 That is hard. Last time I tried hard to control when everyone knew and I think it took some of the fun out of it for DH, so this time I told him he can tell whomever, whenever, and it seems to make him more excited about everything. But that's just my situation :) 
    @jessg2223 Are you worried about parents telling other people or just wanting to keep the excitement buzz to a minimum early on? 
    @annewheeler2 That's exciting that you have an appt so soon! I hope you are able to make it through the next week without too much stress. 
    @foodislove Thanks for the tip! I do have some lemons in the fridge :) On VBAC, I'm trying for one this time. I'm excited and nervous, mostly because I really want it to work out. 
    @blackhottamales I'm enjoying the funny daily size comparisons on the bump app, yesterday was a lentil. It's nice to be able to think of it growing a tiny bit each day. On DH excitement, he has his moments, but he is also pretty stoic. It's hard when you want to connect with them on what emotions you're feeling, when you're feeling them. <3 
    @abmeier That is very sweet :) 
    @thebabynumberone I feel you on the symptoms. Part of me wants to feel them full-on but another part of me wants to survive 1st tri without wanting to crawl into a hole. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 4 weeks + 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): chia seeds

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 11th, first ultrasound

How are you feeling?: So freaking tired. 

Rants/Raves: My husband says I’ve been snoring like crazy.  He’s annoyed by it!  Apparently it’s a pregnancy thing?

Questions: My husband I work at the same school. I already put in for time off for my first ultrasound.  He wants to come too (and I absolutely want him there!).  But we have no idea how to both request off without raising suspicion.  

GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby? Chicky 
  • @mamanbebe He isn't over the moon... It was kind of THING to get him to agree to try for a 3rd, and I think he was hoping it wouldn't work. *sigh*
  • @nerdtoyourmother I’m sorry :( I hope he comes around soon. You’ve got our support though and we are all very excited for you!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5w+3d
    Baby is the size of a(n): an M on an M&M
    Upcoming Appointments: Dec 6th! Just over two weeks away
    How are you feeling?: the past two days I have felt exhausted mid afternoon and had small bouts of nausea. Happy to feel symptoms but also wondering how to balance the extreme need to nap with teaching a room full of 5th graders. 
    Rants/Raves: I don’t remember the fatigue hitting this hard with my first two. Also, my parents have only been in town five hours and I’ve already had to stop myself from sharing the news multiple times. We’ll see if I can make it through the next week without spilling the beans!
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? We refer to baby as “they” mainly because we don’t want my 3yo to know yet and “they” doesn’t raise suspicion. 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 20 / 5W3D

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Letter M on an M&M candy. 

Upcoming Appointments:
    December 3- first appointment 

How are you feeling?:
    Random manageable nausea throughout the day.... boughts of energy followed by extreme fatigue... bitchy.  

Rants/Raves: 
    With working FT, husband on shift work and a toddler, mama gets no rest! 

Questions: 
    none 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? 
    Baby J
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18. 5+5 
    Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed 
    Upcoming Appointments: first appt. dec 13
    How are you feeling?: I feel normal. No symptoms still which is weirding me out. 
    Rants/Raves: same as above. I feel way too normal compared to my previous pregnancies. I have no symptoms, not even fatigue.... I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I can’t wait for the nausea and fatigue to set in. Even sore boobs! I need something to make this feel real. 
    Questions: no questions 
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet?  Not really. We haven’t talked about it much since we have the names picked out already and haven’t told family about it 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20, 5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): m on an m&m

Upcoming Appointments: viability scan on 11/30

How are you feeling?: slightly sore boobs, nausea when I allow myself to get too hungry

Rants/Raves: none really. Just wanting time to hurry up so I’ll know if there’s anything growing in there

Questions: none

GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? No and I doubt we will. It will probably just be “the baby” once we get to the point of talking about it. 
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• @mamanbebe I'm enjoying it just being DH and I's secret right now and since we haven't had the first OB appointment I'm hesitant to share the news. However, its the best time to tell both my parents and my in-laws together. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21/ 5+3
    Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn
    Upcoming Appointments:Saw my family doc this morning. Dating Ultrasound is all booked for Dec 17. 
    How are you feeling?: excited; blessed; tired; less anxious than the first time around. 
    Rants/Raves: So glad I'll have my ultrasound done in time for Christmas so we can tell close family. We announced my last pregnancy to family at Christmas time and it was so much fun.
    Questions: I have been wondering how much earlier I'll start to show with baby #2
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? nothing yet! When we tell our son in a few weeks he'll likely come up with something adorable. 
  • Has anyone here seen a HB yet on ultrasound. I had an ultrasound yesterday at a little over 5 weeks and they acted concerned about not seeing a heartbeat yet. They said given my age (37), they feel like it could be a threatened miscarriage.  This is my third and I feel like we didn’t see the HB until closer to 6-6.5 weeks with my first two. Now I’m annoyed I even had it done so early. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @bartonolivia, same here. I fee nothing. It’s making me anxious about whether things aren’t progressing as they should 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I'm sorry you had such a stressful appointment <3 when I was making my appt with my midwives, they tried at first to book me for next Friday, which would be ~7 weeks. I asked if that was a little early and the scheduler commented that if I waited there would be a better chance of hearing the heartbeat during the appt. I also recall that with my first child, they wouldn't see you until 8-10weeks so that they could pick up heart beat and baby on doppler and US. 

It seems to me that 5w is pretty early for heartbeat considering that the baby is the size of a small seed, hard to see on an US scan and the heart is just developing during that week.
  • Est due date: July 22nd so I am currently 5 weeks, 2 days!

Baby is the size of: an appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: December 3rd. I’ll be 7 weeks at the time of the visit

How are you feeling? Lethargic! Sore boobs, mild cramping every once in a while.

Rants/Raves: I’ve wanted to be a mom forever so of course I’m excited! This is the first pregnancy for my husband and I. I am 32 (we found out on my birthday!) and he will be 40 in January.  However, these hormones are driving me crazy and I’m sometimes overwhelmed with waves of anxiety or sadness for no reason. Really hoping the hormones will settle down a little so I can enjoy this time!

Questions: Anyone have tips for dealing with heavy emotions/waves of anxiety or sadness due to hormones going nuts? I’ve been exercising and trying to eat well but I welcome all advice to keep me sane!

GTKY: no names picked out yet, just  been calling him/her Baby Stafford 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I was looking at my ultrasounds from DD and I was 6+2 and they said her heart had just started beating...it was very recent. So I wouldn't worry too much during the 5th week! Sorry your OB is putting that kind of worry on you, it's not fair. 
  • I'm having a hard time keeping up on here this week!
    @ameliabedelia-2 I also had an ultrasound this week and no heartbeat yet! They were not concerned, just said it was still too early and scheduled another for a week or two! Try not to stress! But I totally understand... first trimester is just full of anxiety!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23
    Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed
    Upcoming Appointments: First obgyn appt is 12/12
    How are you feeling?: I feel like 6pm is midnight. No nausea. Boobs hurt. I wake up hungry lol. 
    Rants/Raves:  Just wish I could stay up later and this gas would go away 😂
    Questions: I’m almost worried I haven’t gotten nausea yet. Anyone else either get it late or not have it at all?
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname picked out for your pregnancy/baby yet? Baby Burrito
  • runsoncoffeerunsoncoffee member
    edited November 2018
    Anyone else get suddenly hit with symptoms this weekend?? I puked this morning and nothing sounds good to eat even though I'm starving.
    ETA... oh and I can barely stay awake.
  • @ccmama3 I’m getting hit with this as well. Nothing sounds good to drink or eat. I’m nauseated all the time now 
  • @ccmama I got hit on thanksgiving. Haven’t been able to keep a single thing down since, not even water. I’m also exhausted. It’s awful. 
  • katierose927katierose927 member
    edited November 2018
    @ccmama3 ME. Omg I’ve had no nausea-until I had to walk through the grocery store last night. Today I’ve basically been horizontal the entire day and I feel like a terrible wife 😂. My stomach also has gotten these faint, almost “stretching” feelings from the inside. I hate it