May 2019 Moms
Options

Random 11/19

Give me your randoms and this was the first search result under 'random gif'

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Random 11/19

• Options
    I only have to work today and tomorrow and I have like ZERO motivation. Especially bc I just starte on a looooong project I won't finish for at least a month. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @k2k2tog several years ago we gutted our kitchen a revamped much of our main floor.  If felt like forever before my life was in order.  I feel your pain and knew how excited I was to get those appliances in!!!!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @merrylea yes, FOREVER. We started this back at the end of May. And just when I feel like we're starting to settle a bit, it all goes crazy again. Because the foyer is being done right now, aaallll our coats and shoes and boots (which is doubled right now because cold) is all over our pretty, finished sitting room. I cannot wait to get our wardrobe moved back into the foyer and try to develop some sense of order.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    Our staff potluck was today and I ate way too much. But honestly I don't really feel like I ate a lot. Perhaps all the bread and beer cheese is what did it...yum yum yum but now I feel extra fluffy.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @k2k2tog Yay! So happy your renovations are finishing. We are actually about to start some work at our house- we have original 1950s closets that were built out  like drywall boxes that we are going to remove and replace with wardrobe systems in our room and DD's future room and then we need to paint all of our bedrooms and take the crappy wood paneling down from DD's current room, soon to be LO's nursery. It's all stressing me out b/c I'm worried about the demo and lead paint chips floating through our house. I want to schedule the demo and installation for when we are on vacation in January, but the designer told us that she couldn't finish the units until the demo is done. I may just have DD and I sleep in our family room while all this is being done and shut off that part of the house with plastic.  
  • Options
    @chloe97 do you know for sure it's lead paint? 

• Options
    Heading out on my lunch break to do my Thanksgiving grocery shopping. Hoping it's very calm. No more calls for the day so if it takes a while, it is what it is and I'll be so happy to have it done either way.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I don't know why but our front page looks so messy to me. I have been a little busy at work and don't bump on the weekends, so maybe it's just because it's the first time logging in in a while, but it is giving me a headache. Anyone else?
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @k2k2tog Nope. But I don’t know that there is anyway to tell when you are demoing something that’s been painted over 20 times. DH offered to get a lead abatement service out to know for sure (we know it’s on the outside window trim). But I’m actually even more scared of knowing. I’m still mad at him for waiving the lead paint inspection when we bought the house bc as he said “we won’t let Hannah eat paint chips.” I could’ve killed him. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 it might be worth to bring someone in to inspect just for piece of mind. If the walls were once wallpapered, you might in luck, assuming the wallpaper was removed before being painted. If the closets are actually from 1950, I believe asbestos could be an issue too. But... I'm actually pretty lax about these things, so I would say plastic will probably be sufficient, and spend as much time out of the house while demo is going on. Mostly because it's all so dusty, you probably won't want to be there anyway!

• Options
    Daycare has SO MANY parties. I feel like crap not going to all of them because they want the parents to be there. I showed up for DD's birthday because duh, but it's in October. They had 2 parties/parades for Halloween, now Thanksgiving, then probably a few for Christmas. AHHHH How am I supposed to work between that and all the sick days??? 
  • Options
    Daycare has SO MANY parties. I feel like crap not going to all of them because they want the parents to be there. I showed up for DD's birthday because duh, but it's in October. They had 2 parties/parades for Halloween, now Thanksgiving, then probably a few for Christmas. AHHHH How am I supposed to work between that and all the sick days??? 
    Ugh, this. And the school he's at this year is charging for the Thanksgiving feast, something like $13 a head?!? Luckily, my office is closed on Wednesday (day of the feast) so I'm just gonna keep him home and not feel bad about not going lol. Plus that would've been turkey dinner #4 on the week for me, so I'm thrilled to skip it. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @SpaceBurger that frustrates me soooooo much. Like if you had time to go to daycare for parties, your kid prob wouldn't be in daycare in the first place and it just seems like a way to make working parents feel guilty and judged and like wtf

• Options
    ice cream or cereal? Life is hard sometimes.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @sleepy33 that is crazy. I work in a high poverty school and the stuff that other schools get away with asking parents to pay always floors me. (Ds1’s supply list last year almost broke me, what kindergartner needs Ticonderoga pencils! I love a good ticonderoga, but little kids destroy pencils at an alarming rate. today one of my first graders literally bit the erasers off all the pencils in his caddy) We have to get really creative to provide opportunities, but it has helped to make me very conscientious about the burden that even seemingly small amounts of money have on families. 
  • Options
    Currently in the ER with DH. We were eating dinner and he choked on a piece of steak. I tried giving him the Heimlich but it was too far down already. He began vomiting blood immediately. His O2 was good, HR super high and BP high. EMTs assessed and sent us to the ER. He's back right now getting an endoscopy to remove the steak. Just cancelled DS's appointment tomorrow because we're both here with DH. His x-ray also showed a mass on his thyroid that we'll need to follow up with his primary on. I'm a little bit of a mess right now. Keep replaying everything wondering if I did something wrong. 

Was interrupted like 5 times while writing this. They got the steak out, but DH has a huge tear in his esophagus, the doctor said small tears usually take a few days to heal, but this will be at least a couple weeks. 😩
  • Options
    Oh no, @eatinwatermelonseeds! I hope he's Ok. How unbelievably scary especially if the heimlich didn't work. Omg I would be a complete mess. How does your son deal with a tear in his esophagus to make sure it heals? Was his thyroid part of the reason the steak got stuck? 
    Good luck and hang in there. 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus it was my husband.. My son won't eat steak and probably never will after this lol. They're going to give him Prilosec and want him to eat soft foods for a couple weeks. It'll probably be miserable for him. 
  • Options
    Yes - I see now, sorry (can I blame it on being 2:30am?). I'm glad to hear he's Ok (as in he is up and about  . Not being able to breathe like that no matter how old is so so scary. I hope his vitals are returning back to normal a bit. Besides doing the heimlich and calling 911,i don't know what else you could have done. I can't imagine how fast it all must have happened! I hope your able to get some sleep tonight after this scare. 
  • Options
    He's still out from the endoscopy, we haven't been able to go back to see him yet which is nerve wracking. They said he seems to be doing okay but will likely be in a great deal of pain.
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus thank you for your kind words and support ♥️ 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds good luck tonight and the next few days. Hopefully there are some pain meds that will help, especially for the next few days. I'm so glad to hear he's out and doing ok. FX! 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus I asked the doctor for pain meds because he is a big baby when it comes to pain lol. Waiting on a nurse to call back and tell us if we can go see him. I'm getting anxious to see him. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Yikes! Good job reacting quickly with the heimlich and getting him to the hospital when it didn't work (I know you're a trained nurse, so you know what to do, but I can still imagine myself panicking, so I'm always impressed when people do things right). How horrible that this happened to your DH! Hopefully the doctors came through with the pain meds and he will be as comfortable as possible during recovery. I would probably never eat steak again either. I hope you're doing okay after this scary night!
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds How terrifying! I hope that he heals quickly and that you can put this behind you soon. Great job reacting so quickly!!
  • Options
    OMG that sounds incredibly scary and painful for your DH @eatinwatermelonseeds! Thank goodness you were there to help. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry this happened, @eatinwatermelonseeds! But you did everything right and your H was lucky you were there. I hope your whole family rests up and your H heals quickly.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds that is f-ing terrifying. I am legit scared of steak because choking seems like such a real danger. I hope your DH heals up quickly. I don't know if I would ever be able to eat steak again after an experience like that. (No loss... I'm not a huge fan of steak.)

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds gosh that sounds terrifying! DH did something similar in high school, although without the blood vomiting and he could always breathe. It was stuck and his parents had to take him to the ER. He eventually got put on a morphine drip  :# They tried to pull it up but ended up having to push it down, instead. He apparently has a smaller than normal esophagus. Anyways, hope your husband is doing better this morning and you guys are back at home.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

@eatinwatermelonseeds loving your comment because you're home and settled, not for anything else. I really hope they find that the mass is benign and easy to remove.

I'm reading a book called Carla's Sandwich to my classes this week. It's full of the weirdest possible combinations you can put on a sandwich and it's making me really hungry.

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds How terrifying, I'm so sorry you all went through that!  I hope he has a quick and easy recovery, and you get good news on the mass.  FWIW, I've had something show up on a scan in the ER and then it wasn't there when a more in-depth scan was taken.  They said it could have been an anomaly or shadow with the first scan.  Not sure if that helps, but either way, I hope you get good news.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Holy crap!!! I'm glad he's okay still. 

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds That’s so scary! Thank goodness you were there to help him.  So glad he’s ok! Hopefully he’ll recover quickly, and the mass on his thyroid won’t be an big issue for him.  
  • Options
    Omg @eatinwatermelonseeds that is so scary! Glad everyone is doing ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds If it makes you feel better, my DH has a huge mass on his thyroid, and it's nothing at all. He just has to get it checked every other year or something to make sure it hasn't grown. It's pretty common, so hopefully it will be nothing at all for your DH