March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check In 11/19-11/25

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.@zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523@meggyme @Runninggal28 @emarcinek99@omama19@heatherarbuck @karatepickles @mammabearcher 

Due date: 

Any appointments? 

Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions? Any crazy Thanksgiving stories?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In 11/19-11/25

• Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Next week, as well as our hospital tour next Monday.

Questions?: Is anyone else having trouble keeping their maternity jeans up? I thought it was just because I was wearing a size too small but I just got a bunch of new ones in a bigger size and I am CONSTANTLY pulling them up.

Rants/Raves?: It was a rough weekend, but DH and I talked through most of it. The first weekend with him home is always a transition and with it coinciding with holiday prep, it was a perfect storm. Add in DD1 waking up at 5am for no good reason and it was bad. Everyone was cranky Saturday and it was a little better Sunday, but my brain still feels like it's in 5 places at once.

How are you feeling?: Good. A lot of tummy stretching lately. DH was making fun of me because last night my back hurt and I waddled back to the couch.

GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions? Any crazy Thanksgiving stories?
    No big plans. A couple families coming to our house for dinner. We don't really have any traditions unless you count MH cooking and taking all the glory while I do all the prep work and spend just as much time in the kitchen sous chef-ing.

One year my BIL's GF brought her friend to Thanksgiving. They had grown up together but apparently she was an alcoholic and crazy. She got wasted and was offended by someone calling her "a ginger" for her red hair and compared it to the persecution of the Jews. Mind you, my MIL's family is Jewish and her mother fled Poland as a child because of the Holocaust. It's now known as the "Ginger Holocaust" Thanksgiving.
  •  @meggyme I'm sorry to hear about your adjustment with your DH. Hopefully things get better this week!

Due date: March 21

Any appointments? None this week

Questions?: None

Rants/Raves?:

Rant: having hip pain when sleeping on side at night, and I desperately need leggings that are bigger or maternity because my regular leggings are squeezing my belly. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall. I am having the feeling that I need to start prepping the nursery and organizing the hand-me-downs I've received. Major procrastination! 

DH and I are staying home in Chicago (I am from the East coast and his family now lives in the southwest -- it is just too much travel to go anywhere). We have a couple friends coming over. I love Thanksgiving because I love to cook and eat, so I'm looking forward to preparing our feast.

This isn't particularly crazy but more amusing. Last year we invited two of our Ukrainian friends over. They've only been in the United States for one and two years, respectively, so they had never been to a Thanksgiving. They asked what they could bring and I suggested alcohol or dessert (thinking bottle of wine, six pack, pie, etc.). They brought an bottle of champagne and a full bottle of jagermeister, and didn't want to drink either. I'm still scratching my head about the jager. 
  • Loading the player...
  •  Due date: 3/17 

Any appointments? 23 week appt tomorrow. redoing the A/S ultrasound next thursday though so thats something to look forward to

Questions?: just wanna check on my BP. it was kinda high when i got my work diagnostic done for my benefits so just wanna make sure its good. i normally have really good BP so fingers crossed. 

Rants/Raves?: neither for once...just ready to coast through the week for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to a 4 day weekend bc our company has friday off. 

How are you feeling?:
    mentally, today has started off rough, my son had a project due today that he was supposed to do this weekend and he didnt so i had to wake him up at 5 am to do it, then he left it home and we had to turn around and go back home so i was a bit late to work, then i work in a call center and its hectic bc everyone likes to wait to the last minute before holidays to call us...but hey job security. i am just focusing on keeping positive energy today!  

We always go to my sisters house as a family bc she has the largest house, this year will be even bigger bc she got married in October and i anticipate a lot of my bro in loves family showing up too...which is gonna be interesting....
    the only tradition my family has is lots and lots of patron shots.LOL!  I don't partake normally bc i dont like drinking like that, and obviously definitely wont be this year, although i will miss out on whatever cute cocktails my sister makes to go along with them, but i'm sure she will have something non alcoholic for me bc she is thoughtful like that.
    my only crazy story is that we will see how this year goes. when i was pregnant with my son 10 years ago my mom made me cry on thanksgiving bc she got toasted and she is a "bothersome drinker"....it was a lot...she basically gets very very playful, and pushed me around a bit and i burst into tears. my sis yelled at her and that was that lol...so we will see what this thanksgiving and pregnancy hormones bring. i am honestly gonna probably make my plate(s) of food and go hole up somewhere LOL. 

• Due date: 3/23

Any appointments? Nope

Questions?: Nope

Rants/Raves?: the heartburn is making a comeback. And I’ve been waking up stiff and sore lately. 

How are you feeling?: overall feeling well

We’ll be with my husband’s family. It’s nice being Canadian so we can celebrate with my family in October and his family now and there’s never conflict. 
    This is more sad than crazy so sorry to be a downer, but my husband’s twin brother was killed in a hunting accident on Thanksgiving morning 18 years ago. So this holiday is significant and bittersweet and always a bit emotional for his family. 
  • @meggyme I can totally sympathize with the adjustment period after your husband gets home! It’s so hard because you expect to just be happy, but emotions are high and routines are interrupted. Communication is key, glad you guys are able to talk through it.

Due date:  21 March

Any appointments? Nope, and moving so will have to schedule something when I check in to my new base. I’m partly hoping they will overlook the GD test and I miss my window and won’t have to take it, though my husband would be furious.

Questions?: see below!

Rants/Raves?: I woke up in the middle of the night Monday morning with horrible food poisoning (or stomach bug). Cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, all of it. Barely ate anything yesterday - a few sips of broth and noodles before running back to the toilet, then three crackers before bed. I *know* baby is probably fine, and the nurse said only to come in if it persisted or I couldn’t keep water down, and I’m feeling better today. But I can’t help but worry. A friend of mine who was at my baby shower on Saturday also got sick at the same time (the only thing we ate that my husband didn’t was the fruit tray) so it may have been that, but also someone I work with handed me a gift Friday morning before going home from vomiting, so it could have been a bug too. I kept my oatmeal down today, but google still has me worried that it could have been listeriosis from the fruit which can have mild effects on mom but be devastating to baby. Would it be overkill to ask to be tested? I would probably tell other people that they’re crazy but when it’s my baby I worry so much 😆

How are you feeling?: Better than yesterday at least!

Husband and I are going to be on our way to our new city, so we’re stopping in Sedona, AZ for a few days. Luckily some nice restaurants are open, so we made reservations. With being in the military, we haven’t had many traditions - we’ve spent one at an applebee’s when we were both in training, he’s been deployed, we’ve lived apart for several years, so it’s always something different. I’m glad we’re at least together this year. But I do miss celebrating at home with my family.
  • @zionsmama85 fingers crossed for a more cooperative baby on your repeat AS!

@babycolima12 I was worried about listeria one day, and I think I read that the symptoms of listeriosis in a pregnant woman typically manifest more as fever and aches than typical food poisoning symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting. I'd definitely ask your doctor about it though! If it was a simple test for peace of mind, I'd totally be willing to pay out of pocket for it!
  • Due date: 3/19 re-dated to 3/28

Any appointments? Nope but I did book a doula! Finally got MH on board with that one ;)

Questions?: Nope!

Rants/Raves?: I just can't believe how fast time is flying by! I found out I was pregnant in July and it's almost December??? Not sure if that's a rant or a rave haha. On one hand, I have SO much to do to prepare my body/mind and prepare the house. On the other hand, I'm glad things are moving along so well. I think staying active on this board has helped me pass the weeks!

How are you feeling?: All good here!

GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions? Any crazy Thanksgiving stories? We'll have meals at both my parents' and my husband's. All local so not too much trouble to make it to both. The big thing is I'll be using my long weekend to TRY and potty train DS, who is almost 2.5 years old. Pray for me! He is so scared to sit on the potty, my cautious boy  

As far as thanksgiving memories, MH and I actually met the night before thanksgiving. He approached me at the bar and asked if he could buy me a drink. Ever the smartass, I ordered two beers and a shot and the same for my two friends. Lol. He stuck around and proved himself to be a very good guy. Most years, we go out to celebrate our anniversary on thanksgiving eve and spend thanksgiving hungover. Obviously not this year!
  • @lindseyb918 Godspeed with potty training. We’ve been training my now 2.5 year old since May and she’s just now starting to get it. I recommend lots of naked time and rewards! DD had an extreme dislike to sitting on the potty for awhile so we had to start with dishing out skittles for even sitting on it. Now we’re just working on pooping on the potty consistently, but hanging out at home naked from the waist down helps a lot. She forgets as soon as she puts a pull up on and gets lazy but hasn’t had a naked accident in probably a month now.
  • @babycolima12 I hope that you are feeling better! I don't know much about listeriosis, but you can def talk to the doc to be on the safe side. 
  • Due date: 3/28

Any appointments?
    Next one on December 4th. 

Questions?: nope 

Rants/Raves?:
    Rave: MH is finally going to install our wood burning stove that we have had sitting in our garage for the past year! 

How are you feeling?:
    I'm feeling great overall. I'm still able to be active and go hiking without any difficulty besides needing to go slower on the big climbs. 

We went camping with some friends for Thanksgiving. We ended up having been posole with cornbread and southwestern salad for dinner because it was too difficult to cook traditional Thanksgiving food in our truck camper. We did a lot of hiking and just hung out playing cards in their camper van when the weather was bad. 
  • Sorry I don’t think I’ve replied the last few weeks!  We’ve been traveling and super busy. Where the hell did November even go?!? 

Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Routine appointment in a couple weeks. Otherwise, nothing crazy

Questions?: nope!

Rants/Raves?: We have been traveling the last two weeks to visit family. It’s nice but I’m ready to get back into my routine. 

How are you feeling?: Tired and pelvic pain. Same old same old at this point!

We are traveling and visiting both my family and DH family for Thanksgiving. This is the first Thanksgiving with family in quite awhile so that’s nice. No crazy traditions, normal parade and football watching and dinner for us! 

Pregnancy Ticker