Natural Miscarriage Just Not Starting — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Natural Miscarriage Just Not Starting

Hi everyone,

Husband and I were hoping for our baby this coming June of 2019 but the fetus stopped developing about two weeks ago, the doctor estimates at 7 weeks of development. When we went for our first appointment last week, at 8 weeks, no heartbeat was detected. I saw the doctor again today and it was confirmed that there was no heart beat and that the pregnancy is not viable. I've felt very mild cramping since we first got the news last week. But, other than that, no signs of the MC. I am frustrated and anxious to have it begin. I have a D&C scheduled for the end of November (that was the soonest they could get me in). The doctor won't do any additional tests even though I'm 38 years old and feel like we should do testing because we don't have many years ahead of us to conceive. I wish there was a way to let my body know that it can let go of this pregnancy. I still feel as nauseated as hell, smells bother me, and my breasts still hurt. I want my body to move on so that my husband and I can try for another one. Does it usually take so long for a MC to start? Any way to help the body know that it's no longer pregnant? 

Re: Natural Miscarriage Just Not Starting

• So sorry to hear about your loss. I went through the same thing just a few weeks ago, except things stopped progressing at 6 weeks. I decided to go the natural route and I started miscarrying at around 10 weeks. Every woman is different, though. Best of luck in your TTC journey!
  • So sorry for your loss.
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest