January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in Jan 8-14 (w/o 11/12)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming Appointments?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? 

Re: Weekly Check-in Jan 8-14 (w/o 11/12)

• Options
    EDD?
    1/11

Symptoms?
    Honestly, feeling pretty good for being 31 weeks pregnant.  Sleeping is interrupted, so wishing I could get more rest! Bending over is getting hard.

Upcoming Appointments?
    Friday for 32 week OB appointment

R/R/Q?
    We moved DD into her big girl bed last week and it has been going smoothly.  Last night/this morning was the first she figured out how to get out on her own and leave her room.  Hoping it won't become a habit.  DH is taking next week off so we are hoping to get more baby prep done (ie. set up the nursery).  I'm also wanting to get some freezer meals prepared, seems like this is the time when I should do it.  

Masked/costumed characters always scare me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD? 1/14

Symptoms? Heartburn, Braxton hicks. Just uncomfortable all the time. 

Upcoming Appointments? Monday I'll have my 32 week check up. 

R/R/Q? My hospital bag is 100% packed and the babys room is totally done! I just need to wash some clothes and buy a few more outfits for him but I'm feeling all set. 

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? Clowns, they're the literal worst.
  • Options
    EDD?

Symptoms?
    It's really hard to say because I'm still sick. I just feel super run down and done with it all.  I want to move back to Utah now instead of waiting until Christmas just so I can be done with kids, and the H.   Hopefully next week is better. 

Upcoming Appointments?
    29th, normal appointment 

R/R/Q?
    While back in Utah last week, I saw my mom twice, a SIL, and two neighbors. Not one caught on that I'm pregnant.  I don't have to go back until the 29th, so I'll make my 34 week goal!! 

Bears. The last time the H tried to take us camping, I made him take camp down at 10 pm and drive us home.  I can hike in the mountains, and most of the places we go are in bear country. I'm not even that far from living in bear country. I really don't get what my problem is.  
  • Options
    EDD? 1/11

Symptoms? Hip pain and numbness while sleeping, which causes major insomnia and all day tiredness. Some acid reflux at night, since we often eat too close to bed. Tying my shoes is the woooorst lol. Other than those things, feeling pretty good I guess!

Upcoming Appointments? Next week for routine prenatal. Also meeting with the doula Thanksgiving weekend :)

R/R/Q? I started doing the Hypnobabies home course to prepare for birth and it’s been awesome, I absolutely love it. It is a lot of work though (weekly homework, daily physical exercises, weekly partner communication exercises, 30-40 min hypnosis session every day, plus an affirmation track and self-hypnosis practice daily). I’ve already fallen off the wagon and had to repeat a week, as guests were in town. Also had a fun baby shower/party this weekend and a couple of my closest friends flew out for the weekend, which was super nice and I’m feeling very grateful.

My rant is generally feeling so busy and that I’m behind on the nursery and getting everything done for baby while still “doing it all” at work. Also a rant is I feel like I have zero control over my weight gain, and while it isn’t crazy, it’s more than I had hoped. I’ve even started counting calories on MyFitnessPal (maintenance) and still am gaining like 1.5+ Lbs per week :( (normally this app works great for me to maintain or drop a few lbs). it’s been a struggle psychologically since I have had eating issues in the past and I’m up so much with every appt.

This is super dark, but it’s several people close to me killing themselves, particularly my husband. I’ve had that as a deep fear for years. Also I fear becoming an workaholic like my mom and not enjoying life. (I’m proactively trying to Not do that though by making plans to move and change careers next year). 
  • Options
    EDD? 1/12

Symptoms? Shit sleep, heartburn at the drop of a hat, general wobbiness (hip pain/SPD)

Upcoming Appointments? Basic OB appt tomorrow. I have a FEELING they’re gonna tell me I’m measuring big again. 

R/R/Q? Still behind on getting stuff figured out in the house. Moved in three months ago and just starting to get DDs new furniture figured out and moving some last boxes to the basement. I also need to repack my hospital bag since DH used it as a weekend bag when he went to a college football game last weekend. I feel like I have no sense of urgency and it’s gonna bite me in the ass 

GTKY: What is an irrational fear you have? Always waiting for the other shoe to drop.