June 2019 Moms

Team Green Check-In

eleven_eleven_ member
edited November 2018 in June 2019 Moms

I know there are quite a few of us who are team green so I thought this might be fun! (Stolen from Nov 2018)

1. Were you team green with your other babies? 
2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? 
3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their NIPT? 
4. How are names coming along?
5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? 
6. Why did you decide to be team green? 
7. Anything else you want to add/ask? 

ETA: changed anatomy scan to NIPT. 
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Team Green Check-In

• 1. Were you team green with your other babies? 
    no first time though I wanted to last time I had no real conviction in going through with it!

uuum idk I totally just sprang this on him I hope so lol if not he can definitely know ahead of time
    3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their anatomy scans? 
    surprisingly no idk if it'll change later
    I have both picked out we're just working on middle names for a boy.
    I'm a horrible guesser so idk but DH is positive it's a boy
    it's just something I'm not really worried about this time around 
    for anyone who has been team green before does it get difficult to wait as time goes on?
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited November 2018

1. Were you team green with your other babies? No, I have a girl and a boy and was very eager to learn the sex both times.

2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? Now he is. When I first talked to him about it though, he was very unsure.

3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their NIPT? It definitely makes it harder not knowing.  

4. How are names coming along? We were set on Rowan, but we really aren’t sure now. We have been throwing around some other names.

5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? I would say boy, but I’m always wrong with my sex predictions.

6. Why did you decide to be team green? TW death mentioned: My MIL (whom I was closer with than my own mom) died from breast cancer last year and it was what she always wanted. She said she didn’t find out the sex with her kids until delivery and it was the best feeling in the world.

7. Anything else you want to add/ask? I really wanted to create this check-in so that I would know who all is team green and so that we can help keep each other strong!

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Were you team green with your other babies? FTM here

2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? We could have found out the sex before we even transferred the embryo because we PGS tested them. I was adamant against knowing and DH was, too, so I assumed he was Team Green all the way. Turns out, he wanted to find out “like normal, non-infertile couples.” So no, he’s not? But I will prevail. I think Team Green should always prevail. We’ll know the baby’s sex for the rest of our lives; give me these 9 months.

3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their NIPT? Nah. A lot of the women on my FET board knew when they transferred, so I’ve already dealt with the “everyone around me knowing” thing. 

4. How are names coming along? We have middle names for boy and girl picked. They’re family names so that was easy.

5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? I think it’s a boy but I have nothing to base that on. 

6. Why did you decide to be team green? It’s just something I’ve always wanted. It’s very hard to surprise me so I wanted the surprise. We only had two PGS normal embies and the way my RE speaks makes me think we have one of each (he asked repeatedly if we had a sex preference for the transfer, which would be a better cover if there were more than two) so this is probably the only time I get to be Team Green.

7. Anything else you want to add/ask? Happy to meet other Team Greeners!
  • @dntstpbelieveing that is awesome to have SO tell you at that moment you're just confirming my team green decision! 
  • I told DH that I didnt want to find and he said he is going to I told okay go ahead but he can't tell anyone because I don't want it getting back to me. That means even his closest friends because I'm friends with pretty much all of their wives. he might as well be team green with me 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
    FTM here!

He doesn’t really show much emotion about anything. He will do anything that makes me happy, so sure!

3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their NIPT? 
    Not yet! 

We’ve already chosen first names for each gender

Not a clue! I’m still only 12 weeks and it’s my first pregnancy so I’m not sure what either gender feels like and I haven’t researched for wive’s tails either

I’m pretty against gender specific anything and think this will be the best way to avoid having pink and blue forced on me/my parasite. My mum also said it’s the best feeling to find out when it finally pops out. She also agrees with the whole not forcing pink/blue on me, which is nice!

Nope!
    Nope! My first we weren't sure but the first time an ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know, I immediately said yes. With my second I asked them to write it down so I could decide later but then I opened the envelope before we even made it to the car lol

Yes, since this is new for us we're both excited. 

Not yet. I'm feeling pretty good about our decision. 

Our kiddos both have gender neutral names and this one will as well, they're just the names I tend to like. I loved the name Bellamy last pregnancy but we didn't use it. My husband is all about it now and pretty set but I'm still checking out lists and whatnot  

Girl. Gender Predictor here on the app says so and it's never been wrong for me haha

This is likely our last pregnancy so something to set it apart from our other ones, something new to try. 

I love the idea of having us help each other stay strong! 

• I ugly cried Saturday because DH is not budging on wanting to know 😭
  • We are pretty sure we are finding out but not going to tell anyone. So everyone else is team green lol
  • So excited to see so many people in them green! There aren’t many in my day to day life.

1. Were you team green with your other babies? First baby
    2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? He wasn’t at first but now he seems to be!
    3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their NIPT? I am not now but anything can change I guess, I just hope I can go all the way without breaking down!
    4. How are names coming along? We haven’t even started, I am still nervous because it is early.
    5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? No idea. My husband would like a girl but he comes from a family of 3 boys and we have three nephews so odds are leaning that way.  6. Why did you decide to be team green? There are just no surprises in life anymore and I want to just enjoy the process instead of getting wrapped up in the gender. Healthy first!  
    7. Anything else you want to add/ask? For anyone who has waited to find out before, how did the grandparents take it?
  • @lovemesomemonster for us with DS grandparents were totally fine with us not finding out. I think it was more common for them. Our siblings on the other hand think we are nuts .
  • So yesterday at my apt my Dr. brought up doing the NIPT and how I could find out the sex. It shocked me how much will power is actually took to say no we are not finding out. How is everyone else doing with team green?
  • @dntstpbelieveing I’m pretty sure DH is going to cave. At our last OB appointment (8w6d), he asked, “If, hypothetically we wanted to know, could you tell from the u/s right now?” (The answer is no.) If he thinks I cried irrationally when I found out his sister told her kids about the pregnancy (despite being told not to)—and yes I was acting irrationally, but I’m also hormonal—just wait until he sees my reaction if he “accidentally” blows our Team Green status, lol. 

STMs, my colleague who just had a baby said she’d heard you needed to head off the NIPT results person on the phone before they accidentally blurted out the sex (like, “Hello, please don’t tell me the sex, now you may proceed). Has anyone else had that experience? I’d think it would be simple enough for them to have a note with the results about who does and does not want to know. 
  • @Bababatty I never got the NIPT but I make sure to say it about 10 times for each US after 20 weeks. And people still screw it up. I would for sure say it when they call.
  • Good advice, @dntstpbelieveing! I’ll be a broken record throughout this pregnancy, lol. And @eleven_ glad to hear there’s a box to check—that will help, too!
    Yes! We kept the suspense for our first two. 

He doesn’t want to know at all, he’s enjoyed the excitement in the delivery room & being the one to announce what we made. 

Nah. I’ll know ...at birth. ☺️

I think we’re set on a girls name, the boy names my husband likes, i don’t. we’ll figure it all out before baby comes. 

We have two girls, so the odds are it’s another girl. my symptoms are pretty much the same as my first two & my husband insists it is too. 

its exciting, it annoys people so much (haha!), i like to keep guessing, not many ways to be surprised anymore, my husband telling me what we had was the best part of it all. 

Stick to your guns mama’s!! it’s so worth the wait! 💚