April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 check-in w/o 11/12

GTKY stolen from March 19

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?

Re: Week 2 check-in w/o 11/12

• Options
    Due date: 4/10
    Any appointments? Next week is my big ultrasound. I already have a boy and a girl so I’m dying to know what this one will be.
    Questions?: No questions
     Rants/Raves?: I can’t think of any.
     How are you feeling?: still super tired but excited to be almost half way through already!
     GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Baking and binging a favorite show. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Big ultrasound next Monday. We already know it’s a boy, but will be fun to see him. :) 

Questions?: nope

Rants/Raves?: everything and everyone is annoying me, I think it’s the pregnancy hormones. I had a private prenatal yoga lesson Sunday and we focused on breathing techniques and poses to increase relaxation.

How are you feeling?:  besides being super pissy ;), really good!

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Soul Cycle class, shopping as a family, then dinner out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/10

Any appointments? Questions?: Check up next week, big brother/sister class at the hospital, anatomy scan the week after.

Rants/Raves?: DS is in a major "no," phase.  Regardless of the request ("could you please get a jacket since it's cold outside?) he flat out refuses.  I don't know how to handle this phase without losing my mind.

How are you feeling?: Appetite is hit or miss.  My energy levels are better though.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Curled up in bed reading a book with some hot cocoa, or watching movies/playing games with DH and the kiddo.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: 4/9

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my first glucose test tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. Always makes me feel icky. 

Rants/Raves?: meh. Just waiting to move. 

How are you feeling?: SPD is killing me. Esp with the crappy bed we've borrowed. Still don't feel like eating. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Curled up under a quilt with a cup of tea and a show or book.

• Options
    Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions?: We have our anatomy scan next week. So excited to see baby!

Rants/Raves?: Rant. Thanksgiving. Last night H talked me into spending the holiday with his side of the family. none of whom I get along with. Rave. snow is in the forecast! I love snow

How are you feeling?: decent

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? I usually go about my normal day. It rains so much here.

• Options
    @kangstadt "No" is tough.  I usually just throw my hands up and say "Ok, we don't get to do XYZ then."  They have yet to call my bluff.  We'll see how long that lasts.
    @plumpoppies My sister had SPD, I feel for you!!

Due date:  4/8

Any appointments? Questions?:  Anatomy scan this afternoon!

Rants/Raves?:  I had a couple rants in the random thread this morning. Nothing major just complaining about H as usual  :smile:

How are you feeling?:  Fairly good.  My back and hips get sore but overall fine.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?  Cuddled up with movies and hot drinks.  I'm in Canada so "cold days" are frequent.  I've rarely had a snow day even with 3 foot snow dumps.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt is with MFM on Nov. 26. This will also be the level 2 sonogram! Eek!

Rants/Raves?: Getting ready to go out for recess duty and it SO cold!!

How are you feeling?: Nausea finally under control so feeling pretty good! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Inside with a blanket and a good movie!

• Options
    @mermaidca, yeah, that works about 50% of the time.  Sometimes he does call my bluff and then I've gotta decide if I'm standing my ground and letting him get away with whatever it is he would miss.  Yesterday I gave up and let him go without a jacket.  He was cold before we even reached the car, but I doubt it'll change his mind next time I ask him to get one :expressionless:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date:  4/12

Any appointments? Questions?:  I have my checkup with my midwife today. Excited to hear baby's heartbeat again. Anatomy scan is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

Rants/Raves?:  Nothing too exciting.

How are you feeling?: Not terrible. I only slept about 4 hours last night, though, so that sucked (just random insomnia). And my nose is SO stuffed up!

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?  Movies! If it's snowing, though, I like to be out on a hike :) 

• Options
    Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Questions?: Big ultrasound on Monday! So excited! Then my normal checkup on Tuesday.

Rants/Raves?: Nope 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, tired

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? In cozy clothes and a blanket. Movies

• Options

Any appointments? Questions?:  Looking forward to 20 week Anatomy scan the week after Thanksgiving!

Rants/Raves?:  Rants: allergies are driving me crazy!! Nov. is a weird time for them, but every morning I have a runny and sneezy nose for the first couple hours of the day.  Raves: Feeling baby move and kick! I've been feeling sensations since week 16 or so, but now they are more frequent and noticeable - especially at night after dinner and before bed!  A night owl just like mom & dad...  

How are you feeling?:  Good overall, though tired again...I seem to be tossing and turning at night, so maybe the insomnia is already kicking in??

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?  In leggings and cooking up something delish

• Options
    Due date: April 8th

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment on Monday and baby is doing wonderful. Only two more weeks until my ultrasound. I'm ready to know about whether or not I'm in the clear for my home birth or if we have to have another follow up check.

Rants/Raves?: Chiropractors are amazing, I feel so much better. Which is the rave to my rant about being sick all week long. I hate feeling like crap, especially when pregnant and being unable to do anything about it.

How are you feeling?: Sick (see above) congested/runny nose/cough/headache you name it and I have it right now.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Snuggled up on the couch with my DH and DD for sure. Reading a good book ideally.

• Options
    Due date: April 10

Any appointments? Questions?: I had an apt Tuesday, short and sweet. I have the anatomy scan on Tuesday next week... can't wait!
    We want to find out gender... should we have the tech tell us during the scan or write it down so we can do it more ceremoniously together? I'm worried about the tech being so casual about it when it's a big, exciting thing for us. So I wonder if we're better "revealing" it to ourselves later when we can feel all the feels? Any thoughts on this?

Rants/Raves?:  Just found out my cousin who lives nearby is having a baby in July. I'm thrilled! Also talked to a friend last night who is having fertility issues and I'm feeling for her. Not taking any of this for granted. 

How are you feeling?: Great! Bump is fiiiinally bumpin. :) Happy to have some maternity clothes. And going to Florida for Thanksgiving which I can't wait for. Also is next week really 20 weeks!!! wow.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Good question since it is a nice snowy morning. Laying in bed with tea and a dog, like I'm doing right now! 

Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @himolly88 Sex, not gender.  In our scan the first thing the tech asked was if we wanted to find out the sex.  We casually said yes and when it got to that point in the anatomy it was still quite exciting when it was "revealed".  She was just doing another part of the scan but H and I had our own little moment so I'm sure you two will make it special for each other!  I'm sure if you tell your tech how excited you are for it and how big of a deal it is for you then they will be sensitive to that.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @himolly88 I wouldn't worry about telling the tech that you want to know the sex. Our tech with DD asked if we wanted to know and we did. Nothing super ceremonious but we had our moment together while she went through things and it was just as special as if we had a big blowout thing. More so honestly in my opinion, I liked that it was just him and I and not a bunch of people. We're waiting this time around to see the difference, I don't know how I'm going to last but I'm excited to wait.