February 2019 Moms

First Time Mom Check-in 11/13-11/19

1. How many weeks? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

4. Any appts this week?

5. GTKY: What's a pet peeve of yours?

Re: First Time Mom Check-in 11/13-11/19

• 1. How many weeks? How big is baby? 25+4 napa cabbage according to a different app (which I like better as a visual than cauliflower) 

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good! Baby has been moving a lot which is always nice. 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions? Why is it so stinking cold so fast? It has snowed here twice in the last few days! C'mon, it's not even mid-November! 

4. Any appts this week? Nothing until 11/27 for the glucose test, blergh

5. GTKY: What's a pet peeve of yours? I hate complainers! I'm not talking about venting, but people who just complain about stuff that is actually within their control and that they could change. Drives me nuts! 
  • 1. How many weeks? How big is baby? 26😬 weeks! I am almost at the 3rd trimester...ahhhh. he is the size of a butternut squash. 

2. How are you feeling? Up amd down. Some days are better than others. Baby is moving like a crazy person. Physically I am exhausted and so tired of being pregnant. This HG is killer. Then there are good days that remind me everything is ok and it will be fine. Mentally I feel drained and foggy. 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions? More a concern which is stupid. I worry that I will have this little dude and when I look at him I will love him of course, but will I look at him and remember all of thse bad days? 

4. Any appts this week? Tomorrow! GD test, slightly nervous for it!

5. GTKY: What's a pet peeve of yours? So many...people who randomly hum. No idea why. Amd I agree, complainers. And clicking pens.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks? How big is baby? - 25+6, cauliflower

2. How are you feeling? - Good, as long as I take Unisom! Without it I’m still puking apparently. Still no early third-tri uncomfortableness, enjoying second-tri bliss as long as it lasts!

3. Rants/Raves/Questions? - I guess I’m finally realizing that this is happening soon! We have nothing ready. Going to IKEA this weekend to buy a dresser that we’ll use as a changing table!

4. Any appts this week? - Nope.

5. GTKY: What's a pet peeve of yours? - I have way too many. Loud chewers/people who eat with their mouth open is a big one.
  • 1. How many weeks? How big is baby?
    26w5d, kale

2. How are you feeling?
    Good but things are definitely starting to get a little more difficult physically.

I love snow and winter but treacherous sidewalks are going to do me in. 

4. Any appts this week?
    I had an OB appointment this morning, I think mostly just to check my BP and thankfully everything seems fine. 

People who speak loudly on the phone or whose phone makes noise in an otherwise quiet place. E.g. the OB's waiting room is not the place to call your friend to chat about the weekend. Or the open office is not the place to call your H to discuss his mom coming to visit. It makes me irrationally annoyed. 
  • 28+3, an eggplant
    Feelin' pretty good, tired come evening but that's probably the extra running around with one of my cats at the vet
    MW appt tomorrow... looking forward to confirmation I passed the GD test.
    Ill second the pen clicking, other things that make noise at meetings, like someone trying to quietly open a wrapper and the noise being drawn out.. just open it and be done with it!
  • changadeechangadee member
    edited November 2018
    27+6 today! Lettuce today, eggplant tomorrow.

2. How are you feeling?
    Hungry.

Getting real tired of preggo mood swings, I hurt everyone I love lol. Except my cat. She doesn't care. She's just as bitchy as I am.

4. Any appts this week?
    Midwife next Monday.

The CHEWING SOUNDS. Also people who can never seem to find anything to talk about that isn't negative. A few co-workers come to mind.
    27+6! Lettuce?!

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Was super tired yesterday after working 2 jobs and going to the grocery store that it put me in a funk all night, but today much better.

Raves! DH took care of dinner tonight! LOVEEEE that!

4. Any appts this week?
    Nope, next week!

Hmm... self-centered people.
  • @becks_726 also way more worried than I should be about snowy/icy sidewalks and parking lots, I asked DH to get me snow boots for my birthday haha. 
    @thechickendance I second the socks difficulty, gonna talk to my occupational therapy co-workers about borrowing a sock aid

26+6 kale

2. How are you feeling?
    Really good! I feel like I'm in the minority with a relatively "easy" pregnancy so far. Not sure if that's because conceiving was a struggle or means my baby will be a nightmare ha

I work in a nursing home and had my first patient rub my belly, twice,  it was weird. 

4. Any appts this week?
    Last monthly appointment on Friday, then every 2 weeks, eek!

People not doing their job which affects me doing mine. 
  • @ksdelong20 I'm considering paying to park closer to my office because of the ice. I have hardcore winter boots and even with those I was slipping around this morning. I don't feel like I have to balance to catch myself when i usually would've. 
    27 weeks. I dunno how big that is. 27 weeks size.

2. How are you feeling?
    Fat. My midwife gave me a gentle talking to about gaining too much weight. I'm at 30 pounds and counting and my hips don't fit in my maternity pants anymore.

I had a baby shower this weekend, and my friends and family were so sweet. It was idyllic. Getting back to work this week has been tough.

4. Any appts this week?
    Saw the midwife yesterday. Glucose test in two weeks. Oof.

I hate it when people don't follow simple instructions. Especially when my colleagues and students don't follow simple straightforward instructions. The information you want is written down right there, why/how is it my job to explain this to you for the fifteenth time?
  • @ksdelong20 i feel the same way my pregnancy has been great so far I’m expecting have a hard time once he is actually here. No way I can get the best of both worlds! Or maybe I’ll be miserable the last 12 weeks.

1. 27+6 weeks. Lettuce (one more day until 3rd trimester!!!!)

2. I feel great still, I haven’t had any complaints besides a little soreness here and there.

3. I feel like I’m one of those annoying people that love pregnancy. Anytime anyone asks how I’m feeling they expect me to say miserable and I’m always feeling really good.

4. Have the GD testing on Saturday. Not looking forward to it.

5. When people keep talking to me even though I’ve tried to end the conversation nicely and probably turned away from them... (This is only at work, any other time chat my ear off idc) 
    28 weeks- eggplant
    2. How are you feeling?
    okay! Noticing more uncomfortable symptoms recently.
    I got a cold and I cannot breathe!!! Add that to the shortness of breath and it is making life unpleasant. 
    4. Any appts this week?
    I had my Glucose test this afternoon. Dr. said he would call if there were problems so I am hoping to not hear anything. Said size was good which makes me happy because I still feel like my belly is small. 
    loud chewers!
  • @grebretso I love IKEA! Going in December to hunt for the baby dresser, caddy, etc.

27 a head of lettuce.

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! Love that she moves a lot ;)

I have become a crazy woman purging the apartment. My DH says I am nesting.

4. Any appts this week?
    Nope in Dec is the GD test. I dread it because early on I had to do the long one and was cleared. 

5. GTKY: What's a pet peeve?
    When people leave a voice or text that is vague. Just tell me what you want! 🤪
    27 weeks- lettuce
    2. How are you feeling?
    okay- tired, chunky and anxious
    I'm so sick of people saying I'm not really showing (I am) or just people feeling the need to make comments on sixs weight ect.
    4. Any appts this week?
    None til next week
    5. GTKY: When people don't listen