Infertility

Mature eggs

When did you find out how many of the eggs retrieved was mature ones? Thanks.

Re: Mature eggs

• The day after my retrieval I got the report that of our 10, 9 were mature and 5 fertilized. After that, I got daily updates on progress but some clinics just wait for day 3 and day 5 to update you. If they didn't say, I would just give them a call tomorrow to see when you can expect news.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• They said they would call tomorrow about how many fertilized but just wondering if they will tell us how many was mature. it says on paper nurse gave us today that they will call between 8 and 11 am tomorrow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • They should tell you with your fertilization report then, I believe.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• If you're not doing ICSI you probably won't know. During ICSI the eggs are stripped of their surrounding cumulus cells and this allows an embryologist to see features within the egg that indicate maturity. Usually given the day after retrieval.
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • They told us how many was mature today when they called about how many fertilized and we didn't do ICSI.
  • Sorry I should have clarified! At the time of insemination - you probably won't know what's mature or not. I guess it's a moot point since you'd be getting the results the day after anyway. 
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**