1st Trimester
Options

Neck Pain 8 weeks pregnant

Help i keep getting bad neck pain every time I lay down and then which leads to a headache anyone experience this I’m worried about an ectopic pregnancy!

Re: Neck Pain 8 weeks pregnant

• Options
    This is not intended as medical advice; only your doctor can give you that!

However, I will speak from personal experience: I get headaches triggered by neck pain too (often from sleeping with my neck at an angle from an old/worn-out pillow) - and have for years due to alignment issues and frequent muscle spasms in my upper back. It has nothing to do with an ectopic pregnancy vs "normal" pregnancy. It's just related to muscle tension and/or spinal alignment. That said... if you're concerned, obviously call your doctor!
  • Options
    I'm not getting the connection between neck pain and an ectopic pregnancy.  If you have any worries then you need to call your doctor.  No one here can answer that for you.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had my ectopic pregnancy there was excruciating abdominal pain that a day later turned into shoulder, not neck, pain. this is because all the blood pooling in my abdomen was putting pressure on my diaphragm and that causes the shoulder pain. It wasnt when I laid down, it was constant and made breathing very difficult. My ectopic was very unusual because the tube was shredding and reclotting, causing the pain to subside some, but in general an ectopic involves significant abdominal pain. Dont borrow trouble if your only concern is neck pain as that is more likely what it is, neck pain. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    mermaidca said:
    I'm not getting the connection between neck pain and an ectopic pregnancy.  If you have any worries then you need to call your doctor.  No one here can answer that for you.
    100% agree with this