Group 4 Check In (due June 23-30) Week of 11/11

ruby696ruby696 member
edited November 2018 in June 2019 Moms

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in?

Re: Group 4 Check In (due June 23-30) Week of 11/11

• Options

Due date/W+D: June 23rd, 8+1

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry! 

Any appointments? Questions?:

I have an appointment on Friday. I will have an ultrasound and then meet with a midwife. I’m excited/terrified. 

Rants/Raves?: My SO has the stomach flu or food poisoning again. He had it two weeks ago. This sounds terrible to say but I really hope it’s food poisoning. I really don’t want to get sick. I’ve done enough throwing up, lol. He slept on the couch last night because he didn’t want to get me sick. 

How are you feeling?: Yesterday I felt terrible and today I actually feel ok. Some days and some moments of the day are better than others. Right now I feel ok but I know if I don’t eat soon that will all change lol. 

I have lots of food aversions. Nothing ever sounds good to eat and then I get nauseous from not eating. Then I eat and feel sick. I’m tired all the time but I can’t drink coffee because it makes me panic. I would say fatigue and nausea are my biggest symptoms. 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in?

If you guys have ever seen the movie Father of the Bride, I want a house like that. I would also want a guest house in the backyard. 

• Options
    ki1244ki1244 member
    edited November 2018

Due date/W+D: June 25/7+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Keyboard key

Any appointments? Questions?: OB ed next Wednesday, but apparently no ultrasounds until 20 weeks now?!

Rants/Raves?: No rants today -- I'm in a pretty good mood! Raves -- DH and I were at Disney World at the end of September (fun coincidence, the 40 weeks of pregnancy line up with when we were there, so our baby names are Disney-related), and I realized this morning I forgot to download any of the pictures we had from our PhotoPass account. We had an annual pass for a year (man, that was great...) and I got so used to just having all the photo downloads from that, I forgot to add it on when we were there after the pass expired, and they only keep photos in there to download for 45 days after your trip (and we're at 52 today). But I got through with tech support fairly quickly, which is notable because Disney's tech has been soooo hit or miss lately, and they were able to restore our pictures for another week. I'm sure it's not really worth the money to download two days' worth, but I was so sad that I wasn't going to be able to even SEE them, and now I can! And there's some cute ones in there. (Rave #2: I came up with what I want to use for our pregnancy announcement to family I won't see in person before Christmas, and then use it on social media later, and I'm pretty excited about it. Will throw it in the Announcements thread once I've got it finished.)

How are you feeling?: I don't want to jinx anything, but...fairly normal. Still have some weird food aversions/cravings, so meal planning is still not happening and actually finding something that sounds good is kind of a moving target. And obviously tired since sleep has been for crap this week. But that's...about it. FX this keeps up.

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? This changes with my mood. I for sure want a front porch...my dream is to someday be the old guys from Secondhand Lions who sit on the front porch in rocking chairs with a shotgun and an iced tea. I'd love a house with character -- rounded doorways, crown molding, stuff like that. And someone to clean it for me. If money truly is no object and I could fly my family in to visit as often as I liked, I'd want to live in Williamsburg, VA, or out in the Outer Banks in NC. DH's family has a beach house in Kill Devil Hills, and before Baby, we were actually looking at the possibility of buying a house there too -- since his career is going to mean a lot of moving, it means a lot of renting, and a vacation house we could rent out seemed like a good diversity investment since we won't be actual homeowners for quite a while. Butttttt maybe not now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 6/28 / 7+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Pistachio

Any appointments? Questions?: My first US is tomorrow and I'm dreading it. 

Rants/Raves?: Air quality is terrible in the Bay Area because of wildfires (mainly the Camp fire) so I've been inside all weekend with the kids. Its actually been nice just to spend time together instead of being out running around. Lots of baking and playing going on here!

How are you feeling?: Eh. My symptoms come and go, which does not help my anxiety. 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in?  I would love to live on a farm with acreage. I needs hills and lots of trees, too. Pic of dream house in spoiler. 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 23rd/8+1

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: First real appointment this Wednesday. I had a quick ultrasound a week ago, so some of my anxiety is less because I know that there’s a baby and it’s in the uterus, but I’m still really nervous about it all.

Rants/Raves?: I actually had a day with basically no nausea on Saturday while I was visiting with my in-laws. It was a fantastic break and I actually felt up to eating food! The nausea returned yesterday afternoon, though, which I’m fine with because at least I got a break.

How are you feeling?: Week 8 is a hard one for me. I’m just hoping I can get through this week and have a good ultrasound.

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? If I were completely dreaming, I would love to have a castle or manor on the English countryside. With a full staff, of course, because there would be no way I would clean that thing on my own. Even if I had the money, though, I don’t know if I would live that far away from family. So, ideally I would have a nice 4 or 5 bedroom house in Colorado that our family would have plenty of room to grow into.

• Options
    @kjr9519 My US is tomorrow and I feel the same way. I hope this week flies by for you and you have a great US on Friday.
  • Options
    I have my 1st dr appointment on Thursday 11/15. Very nervous as this is pregnancy #6!!

rant: I have been so freaking nauseous since week 5 I’m sooo over it.

how am I feeling? Sick as heck, also super tired and anxious about my appointment Thursday.
  • Options
    mrschri302mrschri302 member
    edited November 2018

Due date/W+D: 6/30 7+1 

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M

Any appointments? Questions?: Confirmation of pregnancy and ultrasound appointment Wednesday. 

Rants/Raves?: I’m pretty good right now 🤷🏼‍♀️

How are you feeling?: I feel really good actually. Besides being a little tired and having sore boobs, I wouldn’t know I was pregnant. I feel much better than I did with my daughter-no food aversions or nausea so I’m happy!

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? I would stay where I am (northern NJ) as my family is all here. Would have an updated, early 20th century farm house. 😍

• Options
    @ruby696 I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 6/30, 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): pearl

Any appointments? Questions?: 11/19 ultrasound and due date confirmation

Rants/Raves?: I feel like I have already been waiting forever for this darn appt....and I still have to wait a week! I posted in the spotting thread how frustrated I was that I couldn't be seen sooner even though I had pressure and spotting. Luckily no more spotting but I needed to have my mind eased. I guess a week more of waiting isn't terrible....but it feels like it is!!! 

How are you feeling?: lots of morning sickness this time around, exhaustion as of late, lots of misc GI issues (gas, bloating, constipation/diarrhea), and moody as can be the past day or so...I just feel cranky

We would move to NH and buy a beautiful log cabin with acres of land......which is actually our goal for the future..maybe 10 years from now..

• Options

Due date/W+D: 7/5, 6+3

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea or ladybug

Any appointments? Questions?: I feel like my first OB appointment is so far away! I will be 10 weeks already before they can see me  on 12/6. I’m a little nervous about that. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: my husband got sick this weekend (he was sick last weekend too) so I had to watch our 9 month old, and I’m super sick right now too. He totally got the man cold. Moms are never allowed to be sick.  Also, my milk supply has been rapidly decreasing and that makes me sad. I’ve enjoyed breastfeeding my daughter? 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling pretty good besides my head cold. I wish my cough would go away. I feel like I would be better if I wasn’t coughing. No nausea, same as my first pregnancy. I’m exhausted all the time. I’m thirsty all the time. I just started getting bloated today. Yay for first tri! 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? My husband is 6’7”, and I’m 5’8” so I would love a house with tall ceilings! I’ve always dreamed about a grand staircase (especially for holiday decorating). I would love to have some land for our dogs to run and play. I don’t mind living in colorado, but my ideal would be a beach somewhere. It couldn’t have a chance of hurricanes or anything though... so maybe I’ll stick with CO! 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 06/26, 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my first u/s last week, and it went great. I was so nervous that they wouldn’t find anything, but we got to see our little baby blob and the heartbeat. My doctor’s office does a lot of frequent appointments early on, so I have another appointment this week, but it’s just for bloodwork. My next u/s isn’t until 12/10, which seems so far away!

Rants/Raves?: I just wish I could stop being so paranoid over every twinge and pain I feel. FTM over here, and just a big worrywart in general. 

How are you feeling?: Some days, I hardly feel pregnant. Most days, like crap (but trying to just enjoy it)—tonight I’m achy all over, but especially in my lower back and hips (and I’ve had some “pinching” near my hips yesterday and today). I think it’s worse when I have GI issues, which is pretty often too. I have a headache too. I’ve had a dry cough for a few days, which isn’t helping, and the food aversions/nausea and exhaustion is real! 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in?: I would either live in the mountains, away from everyone, or in Europe somewhere, like Ireland or France.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 06/26, 8 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Rasberry

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until December! I had my first ultrasound last week and all looked okay thankfully. I wish I could have an appointment every week, just to have an ultrasound... ha. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: There is way too much going on at work and I'm trying to stay calm and not stressed... but it's not easy! And my husband is out of town so it's just me and a toddler and he likes waking up way earlier than I would like...   

How are you feeling?: I'm so tired of being tired! Also nothing sounds good, foodwise, but if I don't eat, I get even more nauseous... The irony is that if I keep busy and active, the MS stays away, but then I'm left exhausted. If I rest and relax, the nausea hits. I can't win. 

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in?: I'm a city gal through and through, so definitely an amazing duplex/flat in a city somewhere. Which city is too tough to narrow down... probably somewhere in Europe though. And if I had extra cash leftover, a quaint beach house in the south of France. Hey, a girl can dream right?? 

• Options
    Had to jump ship for due date after my first u/s. My due date went from June 15 to June 26!

Due date/W+D: 7+6

Baby is the size of a(n):   keyboard key

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment is just a checkup November 29th. My next u/s is December 13th. I’ll be 12 weeks at that point which is crazy to think.

Rants/Raves?: I’d really love my sex drive back. That would be cool.

How are you feeling?: Medication has done wonders for the vomiting. I’m still nauseous but it is not at bad. Comes and goes. I’m still not hungry. Lots of food aversions…eggs and maple syrup are the worst!

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in: We are actually house-hunting currently so if we could just find something move-in ready quickly, it would be worth every penny! I’m having nightmares of being 8 months pregnant and moving.

@jenniferjoy37  yay tall couple! My husband is 6’4 and I’m 5’9!

• Options

Due date/W+D:  June 24th / 8+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an "intake appointment" on Nov. 28th - not really sure what to expect! Next ultrasound is ?? Assuming I'll find out at that appointment.

Rants/Raves?: We're supposed to get snow this week 😳. Not ready for that!

How are you feeling?: SO TIRED. And can hardly eat anything. Have big plans to get stuff done after work and just end up laying on the couch and going to bed early lol

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? I'd love to have a modest sized craftsman house on a large plot if land. (That someone else mows 🤣)

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: June 24th/8+5
    Baby is the size of a rasberry
    Appointments: OB on Dec 4th, High Risk on Dec 10th (CFDNA and U/S)
    No Rants or Raves, this is my 3rd time around, feeling tired, hungry, heartburn, peeing a lot.
    If money was no object, I’m sure my boyfriend would buy a mansion lol, but we’re actually moving in May (a month before the baby is due), still searching for our perfect home :smile:
  • Options
    sarcat87sarcat87 member
    edited November 2018

Due date: 6/29

Baby is the size of a(n): Rasberry

Any appointments? Questions?: I've had three appointments so far. Feeling relieved after seeing the doctor last week. I'm still in business. There's still a heart beat and I actually got to hear it on the machine. The baby is measuring "young" based on my past period date but she thinks I just ovulated late. It's looking like the very end of June, maybe even early July. So, fingers crossed. Next appointment is Dec. 10 which is the big one where they do all the genetic screening bloodwork and we'll find out the gender about a week later I think.

Rants/Raves?: None

How are you feeling?: Nervous but hopeful. I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year followed by a D&C. This will be our first child. Fingers crossed.

GTKY: If money was no object, where would you live and what kind of house would you live in? By a lake in the woods. A single story with a  wrap around porch would be ideal. 

• Options
    I can halfway be part of your tall couples lol.....husband is 5'11'' but I am only 4'10'' lol what a gap in height we have