March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check-in (11/12)

For those due March 24-31 (and a few early April ladies too!) 

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in (11/12)

• Options

Due date: 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing til my 2nd AS next Monday. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: Heartburn is getting worse. If this child doesn't have massive hair, I'll be pissed lol Rave: Had a great weekend with DH and a friends bday party.

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. My energy has finally returned. Not sure if it's the addition of extra D3 or additional of extra Omega 3...but I'll take it! 

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? I  actually enjoy what I am doing now. I did hair for 15 years before we moved and started doing admin work. I do miss my amazing clients I had for years, but I love the change of pace. 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options

Due date: March 24

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt isn’t for a few weeks. 

Rants/Raves?: Rave - It’s my birthday! I took a personal day today and am already enjoying getting to sleep in and sipping coffee on the couch. Rant - It takes so much work to take a day off from teaching...sometimes it doesn’t feel worth it. 

How are you feeling?: Carpal Tunnel is still annoying, but otherwise I feel good: 

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose?

I love to organize things - It would be fun to have a business where people hire me to organize their houses for them.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 Happy Birthday!!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @purpleteacher82 Happy Birthday!

Due date: 24th

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Tuesday.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I hate being the only sober person around people drinking. Rave: My friend got married this weekend (where the rant came in, haha), and it was a lovely ceremony and beautiful day. Thankfully everything was inside because it was the coldest day of the year so far.

How are you feeling?: Still tired a lot. I'm strangely having food aversions again. I am hungry, but every time I think something sounds good, it sounds awful about a minute later. I've had almonds and two snickerdoodle cookies today. I need to get some real food in me.

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? I'm an accountant, but if I couldn't do this, I would love to be a Certified Financial Planner. My accounting background would be helpful, but I really like the idea of helping people plan for their futures, helping strategize for budgets, etc. My "If I won the lottery" dream career would be to run a non-profit with my dad to educate high school/college students on "real life" finances. Personal finance is very important and is not taught, except for maybe electives, in curriculum. I'll step off my soap-box now. :smile: It's just something I am passionate about.

• Options
    @kapowfal I feel you on the drinking part. We were at a friends 40th bday party this week. People kept offering me shots and the more I knew I couldn't...they sounded better lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Happy Birthday @purpleteacher82!

Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my 20w on Friday and everything is looking good so far. Even a super short follow-up visit with the dr (which is good cause I'm not a fan of this one in the practice but I rotate through all of them) and we were waiting for something negative to come up but it never did just a "see you again in 4 weeks".

Rants/Raves?: Ranting about potty training. DD is almost too smart for her own good and I know she knows better but this potty training phase is driving me absolutely BONKERS. Raving about a supportive DH who let me cry and was there for help I don't know how many times this weekend. Also raving about myself (hang on, tooting my own horn) but I had been working out & changing my eating habits prior to pregnancy that I was the fittest I'd been in a long time. Pulled out pictures from my last pregnancy and I am no where near the size I was last time at 20 weeks, pretty damn proud of myself & the hard work for a healthy pregnancy & baby.

How are you feeling?: I was doing really good until after my workout this afternoon when I got a headache that feels like it might stick around :( Otherwise been doing really good and I think I shared last week that most of my energy might be back. 

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? I have no idea. From the time I was in middle school I said I was going to be an accountant. I'm in the field - not directly an accountant but do a little bit of accounting plus typical business administration tasks. I've never really thought about what I would do differently...something to ponder I guess.

• Options
    m3ganmcm3ganmc member
    edited November 2018

@purpleteacher82 happy birthday!!

Due date: 3/27

Any appointments? Questions?: Had AS last week and found out we’re having a boy! We were so shocked...I got the cutest video of my daughter opening the envelope and surprising us all. Baby looks good!

Rants/Raves?: Still raving about the AS and getting excited to go see my family later this week!

How are you feeling?:  Good!! Back pain every once and a while but overall really good  

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose?  I would open a non profit for women and children 

• Options
    Oh I also found out at my AS that I have an anterior placenta (didn’t with my other 2). Midwife wasn’t concerned because it wasn’t near the cervix but after I left questions started rolling around.

Anyone have/had an anterior placenta? Curious if it means more ultrasounds to make sure the placenta doesn’t move toward the cervix or if there were any other “complications” (not the right word but can’t think of how else to phrase it) associated? IE longer birthing process, feeling less movement from baby, etc
  • Options
    @m3ganmc, I posted in last week's about my anterior placenta. As to your questions, no it's not likely to move down, no impact on birth process (unless there are lakes or adhesion to a previous c-section/d&c/other uterine scar), yes to less able to feel movement and hear heartbeat - including any fetal monitoring during delivery.

Due date: 3/25 (found out my chart says 3/23, but dd came at 41+2, so I'm staying here, plus I'm already invested in this week's threads)

Any appointments? Questions?: not 'til Dec 4.

Rants/Raves?: Rave, hopefully closing selling my apartment building this Friday, so pretty excited to be done with that full-time part-time job. Rant, there's apparently a previously undiscovered zoning issue that I have to resolve, and nobody worked today :(

How are you feeling?: so much heartburn, and my abdomen feels heavy.

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? Astronaut

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the bday wishes, ladies! 

@m3ganmc I also have an anterior placenta. From what I understand it shouldn’t affect anything except being able to feel baby early on and hearing baby’s hb with a Doppler. My dr. was able to find his hb with the Doppler at 12 weeks but it took me until close to 18 weeks to find it at home. I still don’t feel a ton a movement at 21 weeks. 
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2018
    @m3ganmc I also have an anterior placenta. They said we won't feel the baby as much for awhile, but personally, I've felt the baby rolling around feeling at least for the last 2-3 weeks now. So there's a good chance you'll be feeling things soon. They also weren't concerned with it and no need for extra ultrasounds. I've also been able to find baby on doppler for at least a month now if you have one and want to give it a go :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options

Due date: 29

Any appointments? Questions?: Next regular appointment in December 

Rants/Raves?:  We finally moved into our new apartment a couple weekends ago and this weekend I finally organized the kitchen! I’m in my happy place again  

How are you feeling?: Pretty good..still get headaches 2-5 days a week.

I would be a travel blogger and photographer

• Options
    @jesiannv Travel blogger we be on my list of fantasy careers too! 
  • Options
    *lurking* 
    @sejica what impact do placenta lakes have on the birth process?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    edited November 2018
    @Kenneylynn3 according to my ob, the lake(s) alone are not an issue, except for more closely monitoring risks for maternal hemorrhage, but that they are one of the factors that can indicate placenta accreta. The other factors are placenta previa (low laying), previous uterine scar tissue (cesarean, d&c), and anterior placenta. If I have placenta accreta, I would have to deliver surgically at 37 weeks to reduce the risk of rupture or hemorrhage from contractions of labor.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I’ve been feeling him moving on my sides for a couple of weeks too...hoping it continues to get stronger and stronger! Glad there’s nothing else to keep an eye on
  • Options

I know I've been completely MIA for a while but I'm constantly thinking of all and praying everyone is doing well.  It's been crazy around my life.

Due date: 3/25/19

Any appointments? Questions?: My next OB appointment, with my own doctor finally, is on 11/20/16.  I had my MFM consultation appointment on 11/8 to discuss delivery options and I'm really nervous about it.  With my medical history, I'm very high risk for many complications.  In terms of delivery, I was mostly concerned about pelvic fracture but that isn't one of their major concerns.  They described the fracture risk as an impact injury rather than a labor inducing injury which made sense to me.  Then they started discussing my rectal disease.  (Probably TMI)  I have chronic IBS with diarrhea, a anal fissure that was repaired 3.5 years ago and recurred exactly 3 years later.  I was supposed to have a 2nd surgery in August but found out I was pregnant so it's delayed.  I'm still having ongoing issues with that and their concern is two fold.  First they are concerned that I will tear and it will never heal or will not be repairable.  Secondly, they are concerned about the current status due to the fact that my tissue is already not healing properly as the chances of a recurring fissure are slim and I have it and it's not healing alone without a repeat surgery.  So...I have a lot to think about and am really stressing about it.  I plan to share this in the med-free birth thread as well.  I do not want a spinal/epidural so my options are to take the risks of a vaginal delivery and handle the pain or a cesarean under general anesthesia.

Rants/Raves?: If another person from my doctor's office tells me "well during my pregnancy this is how it was and it's normal"  I'm going to strangle them!  I fought to get my blood work, arguing that me sleeping 20 out of 24 hours a day was NOT normal.  Rave:  My daughter is amazing!  She's been so snugly with me this week and she knows I've been really tired so she's been SO sweet!!  Also...I'm getting my house deep cleaned on the 26th!  I can't wait!!!

How are you feeling?: I was recently diagnosed with anemia so I've been sleeping every hour that I'm not at work.  Like literally from Friday 5 pm-Sunday about 8 pm I was up for a total of 4 hours.  I'm finally feeling better though with the iron supplements and diet changes.  I've had a lot of cramping/RLP going on and I've been having some balance issues.

GTKY: If you could have a career other than the one you currently have, what would you choose? Stay at home mom!

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 Sending lots of hugs!! You poor thing, I can't even imagine what all you are going thru. In my opinion, it seems the best route maybe a c-section due to your history, but that's just my thoughts and the way I'd go to avoid complications with your other surgery that's needed. Glad you pushed for blood work! FX they find something and are able to help. You're right, sleeping that much isn't normal. Being pregnant makes you a little more tired, but not that much. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 That's pretty much what I told them.  I'm like um hello?!  I an so on the fence about delivery.  I've already dreamed of being able to have a natural vaginal delivery and honestly never even realized I had a true diagnosis of rectal disease but they kind of scared me with the risks.  Now I just don't know.  I really wants to have the benefits for me and baby of a vaginal delivery but I just don't even know if those benefits would really exist for me.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 I get it what you are saying 100%. Just think of what's best for you and baby. Baby will benefit either way with a wonderful mama that is there for them <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019