So done breastfeeding — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

So done breastfeeding

stephj0329stephj0329 member
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited November 11 in Babies: 9 - 12 Months
 Unfortunately I not one of those mothers who enjoys breastfeeding. I did it for a full year with my first who is now almost 3, and I am 2 weeks away from being almost done with my second who will be a year in 2 weeks. However, I'm ready to just stop now! I'm overwhelmed, isolated, beyond frustrated and really want to stop. My question is, Duke out the last two weeks, since I'm only down to two feedings a day since I started weaning or go ahead and cut it down and save myself the two weeks? He already eats three solid food meals a day and has tons of water. I know breastfeeding isn't about me it's about him but right now I am just too overwhelmed to even relax.

Re: So done breastfeeding

•  Unfortunately I not one of those mothers who enjoys breastfeeding. I did it for a full year with my first who is now almost 3, and I am 2 weeks away from being almost done with my second who will be a year in 2 weeks. However, I'm ready to just stop now! I'm overwhelmed, isolated, beyond frustrated and really want to stop. My question is, Duke out the last two weeks, since I'm only down to two feedings a day since I started weaning or go ahead and cut it down and save myself the two weeks? He already eats three solid food meals a day and has tons of water. I know breastfeeding isn't about me it's about him but right now I am just too overwhelmed to even relax.
    If you are ready, why not?  
    In the grand scheme of things will 2 weeks make that huge of a difference? No.
    Dont stress yourself over it, if you feel it's best just stop now. 
    meggyme