Pregnant after a Loss

6 weeks and scared

We had a MMC at 12 weeks a few years ago after hearing the heartbeat at 8 weeks.  It was devastating.  We got pregnant right after with our rainbow baby and he just turned 2. It was a relatively uneventful pregnancy but I remember just being so scared the whole time that something was going to happen.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant as of today and am so terrified that this one isn't going to stick. I've had mild cramping and pinkish blood after sex earlier this week.  I have an appointment tomorrow and am expecting them to say there's nothing there.  I just can't let myself be excited or hopeful because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I wish I still had that optimistic innocence I had before my loss.  Now I just expect to see blood every time I go to the bathroom or assume that every cramp is the beginning of the end.  

How do you get through the waiting and the anxiety? 

Re: 6 weeks and scared

• I wish I had a better answer for you, but I just try to take it one day at a time. I remind myself that I’m pregnant today. I can’t think too far in the future. I’m currently 6 weeks into my 7th pregnancy, with two rainbow babies. I look to them as reminders that I can get through the pgal anxiety again. At least, as long as I get to continue to carry this babe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, I can't really offer advice but like babypi said, I just keep repeating that today, I am pregnant. Ive made it my mantra. And slowly but surely I am getting physical signs that everything is progressing normally. Don't Google anything. I made that mistake and gave myself days of fear. So far I've passed both of miscarriage dates and I'm now at nearly 8 weeks. Hang in there. It isn't easy, but I'm surpised how fast time has gone. Just gotta wait 6 more days to see my ultrasound.