July 2019 Moms
Options

Calm Mama Checkin - Week of 11/5

This is a place to seek and offer support amongst other women on this journey. Feel free to discuss different tactics for calming your nerves with meditation, yoga, gentle exercise or other helpful practices. If you feel you need to share some pertinent personal information that could be stressful or triggering for other women, please note with a *TW explanation* and Spoiler (select text, click paragraph button and select 'spoiler'). 

How are you doing this week? 

What have you been practicing to ease your stress/anxiety?

What are your goals for next week? 

Questions/comments/concerns? 

Re: Calm Mama Checkin - Week of 11/5

• Options
    Thanks @mamanbebe

How are you doing this week? This week was much better than the last! Finally feeling a little positive. 

What have you been practicing to ease stress/anxiety? I've been trying to distract myself with our BMB (now that it's finally here and spending my time with my DS while it's just the two of us. 

What are your goals for next week? I'd like to do a little research about some easier stress relief techniques. I have bad anxiety and it's not easy to combat. Any suggestions are welcome! 

Questions/Comments/Concerns: Only comment is that I think this thread is going to end up being really beneficial. :) 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @mamahmh2 You're welcome! I'm glad that at least a few of us will find this useful :) 

How are you doing this week? Doing OK. I waver between being really excited and letting my anxiety brain make me worry about the stickiness of my pregnancy. I had my hormones tested last week and there were some concerns, so I'm all knots in my stomach over whether that will be an issue or not. I have been POAS each day so far to make sure things are progressing. 

What have you been practicing to ease your stress/anxiety? I have been using one iphone app called Expectful, which has guided meditations for TTC and all three trimesters. It's really helpful at the end of the day to use their sleep meditation. I also just downloaded another called MindtheBump that I'm trying out. 

What are your goals for next week? If all goes well with my appts this week and next I think I will start prenatal Yoga, but I'd also like to make a goal to go for a short walk every day. 

Questions/comments/concerns?  Would love more app or book recommendations if anyone has them? Or maybe prenatal yoga videos? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you doing this week?
     -I was doing pretty good the beginning of this week, but I’ve slowly felt the anxiety creep in.

What have you been practicing to ease your stress/anxiety?
    - I’ve been working on taking a few minutes every so often to just take deep breaths, and remind myself that stressing over things out of my control won’t do me any good. (Easier said that done!)

What are your goals for next week?
    - My goal for the rest of the week is to journal everyday, even if it’s only a line or two. I’ve always been better at writing my feelings down! Would also like to find a meditation app to do before bed. 

Questions/comments/concerns?
    - just taking things one day at a time. I didn’t really deal with anxiety with my first or second pregnancy. After my second son was born, I realized I did have anxiety and probably did for a while. I’ve been much more mindful of it, which has helped a lot. Looking forward to connecting with you mamas as we all navigate through our pregnancies! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers