March 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Monday - Nov 5

maggiemadeitmaggiemadeit member
edited November 2018 in March 2019 Moms
Hey fit mamas! How are you doing on your fitness goals? Any big fitness wins this week? What are your plans/tips for staying fit over the busy holiday season? 

Re: Fit Mama Monday - Nov 5

• Hey ladies! Happy first Monday of November!
    Last week I met most of my goals & rocked some cleaning over the weekend that had me at my step goals for Saturday & Sunday which usually never happen. My coaching club has new workouts this week for the next 6 weeks so I'm pretty excited about those. Hoping the motivation of the coaching club can help me through the holidays. One challenge is a blackout bingo with different fitness items for each. My big win is doing 500 air squats throughout the day yesterday and following it up with a workout called #DemQuads today...my quads are on fire!
  • I was terribly inactive this week. I started coming down with something on Monday, forced a class at the gym on Tues, but then I've been out resting since. :/

I luckily have quite a bit of PTO over the holidays so it shouldn't be an issue making it to the gym. I plan on sticking to my 5x/week provided I'm healthy. 

Side note: I got a support belt that I am pretty excited to try out. Depending on how you wear it, it's supposed to relieve pressure on your bladder or lower back, help with diastasis recti (mine was bad after my twin pregnancy and I don't want to make it worse with this one) and another way for support while running. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I only went on a couple walks last week - - one was 3 miles, though! Going to try to be better at being active this week! It has been really hard to find a routine while being pregnant! 
  • Meh... walked a lot on Halloween, but otherwise I’ve been a slug.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I hope you feel better soon! 

I had had a really good week health and fitness wise. I signed back up at my local gym, and I went twice. I also did some yoga and did two 3 mile walks and a 2 mile walk. This weekend was wood splitting/stacking weekend with my parents, so I got some extra cross training in too! 

I also hit my 80-100g daily protein goal every day last week, which really had me feeling good. It helped my heartburn to eat smaller protein-packed snacks every couple of hours, and I even managed to stay out of the Halloween candy. 

I know the holidays will be tough. I generally do okay with exercise, but every year I have good intentions of sticking with my healthy eating habits, but instead I completely let my diet get out of control because I love all the holiday foods. I think my main goal will just be to balance those holiday foods with healthy foods, and to watch portions. I just can’t deny myself eggnog or pecan pie! 
  • Well, an update after my appointment this morning. I officially got diagnosed as having previa so I got put on modified bed rest. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. 

I will I'll be cheering you all on from my spot on the couch since I got put on modified bed rest. 

I get checked again in 4 weeks and will happily rejoin the other fit mamas if it moves, but my OB says it's a lot less likely to happen at this point. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Oh no! That sucks. I hope that it moves for you. I had low lying placenta last time that moved in time, but I know that's different from previa. Can you still do stretching and yoga type activities or is all exercise off the table?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I’m really sorry. I can’t imagine how frustrating that must be, especially with two kids to look
    after. I hope it will resolve quickly and you will be back on your feet soon! 
  • Thanks!  To be honest I didn't ask about yoga (I am sooooo inflexible so it never even crossed my mind).  The instructions were that I can go about my day, but no running or exercise or taking walks around the block.
  • @buckeyenut05 Oh no! So sorry to hear you've been sidelined :( Hope you are cleared when you're retested! I'm sure those 4 weeks cannot go fast enough.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 so sorry to hear! I hope your next appointment goes well.

I went to yoga last week and did a lot walking Friday and Saturday. I feel like I have more energy at the moment. I also increased my protein intake and that has really helped me get through the day. 
    As for holidays, it’s always really hard for me to keep up with things. I usually run a turkey trot on Thanksgiving and try to keep up with weekly running, but that won’t be happening this year. We are usually running all around to everyone’s houses, so there is little time to relax. 

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I'm interested in the support belt you mentioned! I could use both bladder/lower back support and diastasis recti support (I've had it since my pg with DD). What belt did you end up buying, and have you had much of a chance to try it yet?
  • @laur84ns I ordered the FITSplint from ReCore Fitness. I wore it about a week before my doctor told me only to wear it if I'm going out for a long run because he didn't want my muscles to atrophy. That week I was sick with a cold, so I hadn't been running and that visit was the one where I got put on modified bedrest, so I never actually got to wear it for a workout. :(

Just wearing it in general, though...I really like it!  It's pretty comfortable and seemed to help! 

Picture below of what it is and where I got it. If you end up with one and use it for running let me know what you think!

• @laur84ns Glad you joined! Maybe we should rename it the “trying to stay fit mamas” so more people will join in.

I love T25! I did it for a while after my daughter was born and stuck with the low impact until I felt fully healed. I really like that the modifier on the video just had a baby too. And who doesn’t love Shaun T? I know he’s gay, but he’s super good eye candy for workouts. 
  • @maggiemadeit I second an initiative to get more to participate!  

@laur84ns keep on coming back! 
  • @maggiemadeit I literally JUST learned that Shaun T is gay...like how did I not realize that before? Not that it's a big deal but just more like how did I not know that? 
  • @HoneyBear40 Yeah, I think his husband/partner is in some of the videos too. Why do I know so much about Shaun T? 🤣