April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 11/5-11/11

Re: Symptoms 11/5-11/11

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @kangstadt:  I've had anxiety my whole life but the depression is new and it sucks.  I'm so sorry you have to endure both regularly :(  Do you have a counselor?  I splurged and went back to mine recently, and it really helped. 

@sarahleigh2:  LOL, I had/have that both pregnancies.  Between that and the swelling and discharge it's JUST SO GROSS IN THE SWAMPY SOUTH.
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl, the swampy south, haha, oh my goodness. :lol:

I have tried therapy in the past, but I didn't find a therapist I liked and felt a connection to.  We're also really strapped for cash right now and I'm not sure what might be covered by my insurance.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like a jerk for even bringing this up in this thread, but I'm kinda freaked out. Does anyone else not have symptoms? Anyone not feel pregnant most the time? I guess I'm a little more forgetful (discovered I left my keys in the ignition of my car last night after letting my boss help me search for them for 10 minutes), and I guess I'm a little more tired...but those symptoms feel so vague. I haven't gained weight, I'm not showing, I never had any nausea/headaches/etc. I have some round ligament pain, but it will only be for a few seconds and it's rare. Overall I feel pretty normal, and I've felt normal my entire pregnancy. I know I should feel lucky but this is my first so I just feel nervous.
  • Options
    I feel like a jerk for even bringing this up in this thread, but I'm kinda freaked out. Does anyone else not have symptoms? Anyone not feel pregnant most the time? I guess I'm a little more forgetful (discovered I left my keys in the ignition of my car last night after letting my boss help me search for them for 10 minutes), and I guess I'm a little more tired...but those symptoms feel so vague. I haven't gained weight, I'm not showing, I never had any nausea/headaches/etc. I have some round ligament pain, but it will only be for a few seconds and it's rare. Overall I feel pretty normal, and I've felt normal my entire pregnancy. I know I should feel lucky but this is my first so I just feel nervous.
    This pregnancy I've had symptoms basically since implantation, however, with my first pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant till about 14 weeks and really didn't get symptoms till I was farther along. It might not be the norm but chances are you're fine. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @a_midgarden no, it’s pretty normal to not feel much at this point, before baby starts getting bigger, kicking, and crowding your bladder and intestines. Lol. All I’ve really got right now is moderate heartburn, tiredness, some headaches, and some occasional nausea but I’m only 16 weeks tomorrow. I remember with DD until I started feeling her kicking I didn’t have much to go by either. I also didn’t show with her until 24 weeks or so, and didn’t gain any weight until third trimester either. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt and @TheSouffleGirl depression is the worst! I, too, had it really badly in the first trimester. I definitely think being exhausted/sick which didn't allow me to work out contributed a TON to the depression. Now that I'm feeling good enough to work out, the depression has wanted a LOT. I, too, struggle from depression just in general (while fairly mild but still it's there). I hope things start to get better, @kangstadt !

@saraleigh2 I'm with you on the smell. It's not too terribly bad, but I definitely notice it!
  • Options
    @a_midgarden Some never get the traditional 1st tri awfulness and associated symptoms, my grandma basically had a symptom free pregnancy. A fact my mom always complained about when she was pregnant since she got every one in the book, lol. It can and does happen, but generally not often, symptoms range far and wide and most people won't get every single one anyways. As long as the doc says you and baby are doing well then try to relax, which i know it's easier said then done. Pretty soon you will feel kicks and that will probably help you with feeling more pregnant. And possibly weirded out. It's a very odd thing to have somebody move around inside you in my opinion.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    I’m STARVING! Which is a big change from
    the last month where I’ve barely been able to eat without getting sick. So, I’m not complaining. 

My boobs, my god my boobs! They’re growing again. They’re sore and my nipples itch like hell! 

Hello migraines. This is around the same time in my pervious pregnancies they started giving me issues. Thankfully, my neurologist and ob are both on board with unconventional treatments that will hopefully help and keep me out of the hospital. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am feeling super light headed today!  It started after I got into work so I've been drinking lots of water and have eaten a ton of food hoping it was just a blood sugar thing but it hasn't subsided yet.  When I tilt my head it's almost like vertigo.  Yuck!  Hoping this is a one-off and passes soon!

Sorry about the migraines @kyashley1227.  How great your neurologist and OB are on board!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had the weirdest feeling today. For lack of a better phrase.. it felt like I had a weird, uncomfortable tampon in when I walked. I drank tons of water and took a nap and the feeling went away. Everything is fine down there, no cramping, no bleeding. I’m going to call my midwife if it happens again, but for now I’m okay. It was just very strange. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama sounds like a symptom of vaginal prolapse, definitely talk to your midwife or Ob if you experience it again, there are exercises you can do that really help and support pelvic floor! 
  • Options
    Pains on the left side. Leaning towards thinking that they are RLP but maybe some digestion issues as well but who knows at this point. I'm sick of being in pain when I have so much to get done around the house on top of taking care of DD. I'm hoping it goes away before tomorrow so I can enjoy my Saturday.

• Options
    I saw my doctor the other day and told her about that super painful cramp/stabbing pain in my belly that lasted about an hour last week.  She didn't mention RLP at all but instead asked if I still had my gall bladder and wondered if it was a gall bladder attack.  But she never told me what to do if it happens again, so that's great...
  • Options
    @mermaidca that's strange that she did like, no follow-up on it.  

For me personally, a gall bladder attack was in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen, and the pain would radiate to my back and shoulders. It wasn't stabby as much as it was a searing, burning pain. 
  • Options
    @mrdcle My pain was definitely high so I guess that's why she thought gallbladder first.  But mine was kind of across the belly, like in a band.  She did say that it's odd it wasn't only right side.  I'm going to just go with RLP.  When I finally get an OB I'll bring it up again.  I love my family doc but she thinks she's far more knowledgeable about babies and pregnancies than she is.
  • Options
    Fx you get to an OB soon @mermaidca!
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they are carrying low this pregnancy? This is baby #3 and I can feel movement closer to my crotch than belly button. I also have pulling/stretching sensation around my lower stomach.
    I don't have much of a bump so its hard to say by looking at my stomach. I will be 18 weeks sunday.
  • Options
    Off and on my vulva/perineum has been like, really tender and sore. Maybe all the increased blood flow? Over it. 
  • Options
    @mermaidca, hope you find a provider who gives you answers soon!  I hate feeling like my concerns are just being brushed off.  Like, I get some people spend way too much time on Dr Google, but if I'm saying this hurts, then don't tell me it's no big deal...

@snowhite12, the only movement I think I've felt so far was right about at my pants, so like two inches below my belly button.  Maybe your uterus just hasn't started expanding/rising up higher than that yet?

@MRDCle, I've had random extreme sensitivity also!  I'm also assuming from the extra blood flow, but it sucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @snowhite12 Yep. I carried DD super low and everyone joked that i was going to go into labor any minute or that she was just going to fall out of me for weeks and weeks. I feel like this one is low as well though so i'm guessing it's how my body does things.I have a fairly long torso so. On the plus side i never had what i'm told is a very uncomfortable feeling of a baby in my ribs.

At 16 or so weeks the uterus is supposed to reach a couple inches below your belly button, but that can differ slightly from person to person depending on your body. 20 weeks it should reach about your belly button.

@MRDCle I have had lots of sensitivity, itchiness, soreness and what not in the vagina, the nurse told me they would do a check for a UTI but most of the time it's just pregnancy related swelling/blood flow/increased discharge and there's not much you can do about it.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @snowhite12 I've been feeling movement super low as well. Right on my pantline where it pushes in on my belly a bit. I'm showing some but I think that the uterus is still pretty low which is why that's where the movements are. I'm assuming they'll move up as the weeks tick by.

• Options
    Not sure if this is a symptom or not, but I've been freezing all week.  I'm usually the type of person who sweats all year, even in winter, and I'm used to keeping my house at 60 degrees.  But now, all I wanna do is drink hot chocolate and hibernate under the blankets.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I swear, I'm over these damn headaches. And now I add back insomnia and new this week; sciatic pain. 
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited November 2018
    Saw the PA at the express clinic that’s affiliated w/ my midwife/OB. No prolapse! And no uti. They are fairly certain I have some kind of vaginal infection. I’ll get results in a few hours and then probably start meds. 

Update: it was a wild case of BV. I’m so done y’all. At least it’s treatable. 
  • Options
    kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited November 2018
    Glad it's nothing more serious, @lilpotatomama!  I've been kinda itchy and irritated down there, but had cultures done at my last appointment and everything was good, so who knows.  Pregnancy is so much fun, right? :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited November 2018
    @kangstadt oh, it’s an absolute blast! 🎉
  • Options
    Been M.I.A. for about a week — much to catch up on. I hope everyone is doing well!

I’ve had a really busy week at work, but last night I started feeling really miserable — coughing, achy, congested. I woke up at my normal time to go to work, took a hot shower, but then afterwards, I started coughing so hard that I vomited a couple of times. Needless to say, I stayed home from work. Called my OB, who in turn told me to call my GP. Couldn’t get in to see them today, so if it’s still bad tomorrow, I’ll go to urgent care. All I can do is take OTC Robitussin and Tylenol, which helps some, but I still feel miserable. Normally I’d blast a cold like this with NyQuil. Being sick while pregnant is no joke!! 😞
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they are carrying low this pregnancy? This is baby #3 and I can feel movement closer to my crotch than belly button. I also have pulling/stretching sensation around my lower stomach.
    I don't have much of a bump so its hard to say by looking at my stomach. I will be 18 weeks sunday.
    Yes! This morning I woke up on my back and I felt a weird lump barely above my crotch area. It was the baby. I poked at it and it moved! 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @MRDCle & @lilpotatomama: So much soreness, itchiness, & swelling for me too! And tired of the yeast infection/UTI/nothing song and dance.

I also just learned what a prolapse is the other day, and am pretty sure that's why it feels like all my childbearing organs are sagging out every time I cough or poop, stand too long, carry something heavy, etc. :(  

(Edit bc "yored" is not a word.)
  • Options
    Yesterday afternoon I went on a long walk with my neighbor, and halfway to downtown my back tweaked and I had to stop walking for a minute because of the sharp pain. It was just above the tailbone, on the left. Later, it happened again less severely, on the right. And then I had cramps across the top of my bump, well above belly button and uterus on and off for an hour - very much surface level cramps, not contraction-y cramps. Plus a flash of lightening crotch. Woke up this morning with nothing but a new sore throat from DD, so it’s not continuing. 

Guys, this terrifies me (and also encourages me to not exercise). I had an ultrasound less than 24 hours prior to evaluate my very closed, very thick cervix, so it’s probably just my chronic back pain paired with weight/pressure redistribution and dehydration, right? 
  • Options
    @lyse01, I haven't experienced any cramps, but the sharp pain directly to the left of my tailbone has been pretty constant for me.  Especially when I exercise or try to stretch my hamstrings.  I'm putting it down to sciatica, but honestly I don't know.  I do have sharp pains or twinges sometimes at night either left or right side of my uterus when I get out of bed at night - again, I put it down to my kidneys complaining about the volume of pee or something.  My OB hasn't seemed concerned, and ultrasounds all look good so who knows.

There are definitely a lot of hormonal changes that cause random pains and such in muscles/tendons/joints, so hopefully it's just that?  I would ask your OB at your next appointment and I hope the pain goes away for you soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt the most annoying part of this was that it happened on a Friday afternoon shortly after I left my third OB appointment of the week! When I get sharp pains while exiting bed for a midnight bathroom trip, I chalk it up to RLP. This was different. 

I will def talk to them on Mon when I go back in.
  • Options
    So I ended up having to go to urgent care today. I thought that my cold had morphed into bronchitis, but the doctor seems to think it’s pertussis (whooping cough), which is super concerning to me. I don’t even know how I could have gotten it (it’s a bacterial infection, not viral). They took a culture, but won’t have results for 3-4 days. I’ll start an antibiotic today, which is pregnancy safe, but it still makes me nervous for my baby. I’ve had almost no appetite for two days and am also probably not hydrating enough. It’s bad enough being sick normally, but it’s extra scary in pregnancy. Bottom line ladies, if you have a cold that isn’t getting better, get checked out! The doctor told me it was good that I got to her within 48 hours for treatment; if I had waited a couple more days, it could affect the baby. Hope everyone stays healthy!!!
  • Options
    @llamamamanyc wow, that is super scary. I really hope the antibiotic knocks it out quickly for you. Also your story makes me feel like I should go to the doc for this stupid cold I can’t shake. Probably not whooping cough in my case, but still. 
  • Options
    @professormama better to be safe than sorry!! Normally I’d let things run their course, but I’m so glad I got checked out! Still waiting on the antibiotic — husband went to the pharmacy to pick it up, and the urgent care clinic sent the wrong Rx!!! 😱 Ask questions and follow up if something seems off! Thankfully the pharmacist caught it. 
  • Options
    I haven’t really felt too many symptoms lately other than tired but I’m so excited I’m 17 weeks today and I finally look pregnant my stomach popped out as of today! I did a little a few weeks ago and it kind of went away. This is my first I hope it stays and I keep looking pregnant not just fat! Haha. Do any first time moms feel the baby move yet?
  • Options
    I’ve been having a really odd sensation recently, especially when I’m tired or have overdone it a little (which could just be coincidence). It’s light a tightening and hardening of my uterus. It doesn’t feel like a contraction to me, and it tends to last a minute or two. It’s not painful, but it is uncomfortable. Almost as though the baby has balled up and is pushing out? Does that sound like baby movement or more like Braxton Hicks, or something else entirely? I don’t remember ever experiencing this with my first. 
  • Options
    @professormama in my experience BH can feel all over the uterus or in one spot. I mean it happens all over the uterus but at times I only felt it in one spot, especially in second tri.  It might just be baby balled up though. I had that too. Either way it sounds like a common occurrence for me in my last pregnancy. I haven’t had it yet for this one but I’m only 16w. 
  • Options
    @HGRich thanks. I’m doing some googling and I think it’s braxton Hicks? But it’s hard to tell. I’ve never experienced them before so I’m not 100% sure. But it’s definitely coming and going 
  • Options
    @rache1990 This is my first as well. I’ll be 20 weeks tomorrow and i’ve felt baby move more and more over the last couple weeks. Sometimes kicks and wiggles and other times baby will press up against my belly and i’ll Feel a little lump on my abdomen. Definitely an odd sensation, but i love it.