March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In 11/5-11/11

meggymemeggyme member
edited November 2018 in March 2019 Moms
This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.
 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @Runninggal28 @emarcinek99@omama19@heatherarbuck @karatepickles @mammabearcher
 Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In 11/5-11/11

• Options
    Due date: 3/17 

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments this week. Next one is the 20th so i have a while. Just had my anatomy scan last week though so feeling good, although we had to schedule a re-do bc baby girl is stubburn. she karate chopped her way through the examination and since they didn't get enough they want us back after Thanksgiving. 

Rants/Raves?: I might be the odd person raving about Daylight Savings Fall Back. maybe its bc my kid is 9 so i didn't have to deal with him waking me up super early....but that extra hour really helped me Saturday night...although i woke up early, went back to sleep and then overslept and was 30 mins late to church LOL. still made it though!

How are you feeling?: pretty good. general back pain but other than that, no real issues. been craving ice so i have been trying to take an iron pill with my prenatal just in case. 

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? Probably Christmas Eve. my family opens gifts at Midnight together, so it would be nice to have an  extra hour to laugh and enjoy each other. Honestly. i wish i could have banked it last Christmas Eve. my grandma passed away in September....and had i known it would be our last Christmas with her...i enjoyed it...but i would have loved up on her much more. <3
  • Options
    @zionsmama85 I love your answer to the GTKY questions! I was expecting a lot of "extra hr of sleep when baby comes" but that is really sweet.

Due date: 3/20, 20+5

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until the end of the month. We also had our A/S and although uncooperative, were able to get all the measurements needed. Managed to get an okay profile pic and a relatively good look to confirm she's a girl. I wish we could have gotten some more sweet moments of her sucking her thumb or waving at us, but she was too comfy being folded in half with her hands over her face.

Rants/Raves?: DH is gone this week, but I'm excited that we have a long weekend coming up. I also was told that I'm being taken off ship duty and the mold remediation is done at my regular office. That's both a rant and a rave because while I'm ready to be able to wear more comfy clothes (the waist on these work jeans is getting very uncomfortable) I was also hoping to avoid the crazy Thanksgiving traffic to get on base where the other office is.

How are you feeling?: Good. Baby girl has been kicking up a storm and they've felt more and more like kicks than nauseating tummy flips.

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? I'd probably cash it in when I can hang out with my 2 best friends. We're trying to plan to get together during Christmas break, but one is in LA, the other near Seattle and we're out East so we don't get to hang out as much as we'd like and I really miss them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date: 3/18 

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment is tomorrow and I can't wait! I haven't been feeling baby boy very much and so I will be happy to hear the heartbeat tomorrow! AS will be scheduled tomorrow so I am also looking forward to that. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I caught a cold and it's been making sleep near impossible! I'd been having trouble sleeping before and now it's even worse! Rave: MH is just awesome and he's been making me rest, which is hard for me. It has been nice to have time to relax to get over this cold. 

How are you feeling?: Besides this cold, I'm feeling great. Some backpain if I stand for too long and it's harder to be comfortable when sleeping. 

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? I'd take the extra hour just to hangout and enjoy a lazy morning having breakfast with MH. 
  • Options
    @meggyme at our AS U/S the baby wouldnt really give us a good profile, but while we were looking she rubbed her hand down her face like we were getting on her nerves LOL. it was pretty funny. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/19 re-dated to 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: I had a VBAC consultation with the only "VBAC friendly" provider within 45 minutes of my house. It went really badly. Basically they think I'm a poor candidate because my prior C-section was due to baby getting stuck in my pelvis. I've done a lot of my own research (mostly ACOG publications) and think my oods are better than the OB said. I'm going to wait for my AS, and if everything is ok, I'm going to plan for trial of labor and search out a doula.

Rants/Raves?: It was really depressing to hear that I'm probably not "meant to deliver babies" but I'm trying to move past that comment. Emotionally challenging week for sure!

How are you feeling?: Pretty normal aside from kicks and jabs every once in awhile.

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? Bless you guys and your sweet answers! I'd probably split it up into twelve five-minute segments to use for drinking coffee while it's still hot and being alone lol
  • Options
    Also glad to hear that AS's have been good so far, aside from some uncooperative LOs :)
  • Options
    @lindseyb918 I’m sorry your consultation didn’t go well and that she was so insensitively blunt. There are ways to say something like that without making it seem like it’s all your fault somehow. Giving birth is a very emotional, unpredictable thing and that makes it seem very mechanical and black and white. 
  • Options
     Due date: 3/23

Any appointments? Questions?: midwife appointment on Thursday 

Rants/Raves?: We had our AS last week and found out baby is a boy. I’m SO thrilled, though my oldest is going to be disappointed I think (girls forever, she says). 

How are you feeling?: just tired

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? Can I just have an hour to myself? 😝
  • Options
     Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: It's been ages since my AS, next appointment is finally next week.

Rants/Raves?: I have an anterior placenta, but have been feeling movement for almost two weeks now. Two nights ago she was going wild in the middle of the night (maybe she didn't like me sleeping on my stomach - propped up on one side by a body pillow but still), but now I've barely felt her at all since then. I *know* it's really common to go a while without feeling her, especially with an anterior placenta and so early, but the irrational worrier part of me is worried that I squished her  :s

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. Just started a new workout program, Birthfit. I'd been running and lifting on my own, but am definitely at the point where I need to be modifying stuff and need something to tell me how. Oh, also, congestion is getting worse.

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? Well I'm pretty much an 8hrs of sleep a night kind of girl, and almost nothing can stop me from making sure I get that - except baby. So normally, I'd say bank it for after baby comes, but I actually had a bit of insomnia Saturday night/Sunday morning so really I guess it worked out pretty well for me.
  • Options
    Due date: March 21

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments this week

Rants/Raves?:

Raves: Shingles has mostly passed. A former co-worker shared a treasure trove of maternity clothes with me.

Rant: I am feel really anxious about figuring out childcare after my leave is over. 

How are you feeling?: Mostly pretty good now. Started a prenatal yoga class and it made my neck feel amazing afterward. Having a bit tenderness in my hips. 

GTKY: If you could bank your extra hour from Daylight Savings ending, when would you cash it in? When I am spending time with my mom, who lives in a different state.