Options

TTGP Check In - November

meggymemeggyme member
edited November 2018 in March 2019 Moms
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: TTGP Check In - November

• Options
    That gif  :D 
    On top of all the Halloween candy, DH decided we should go grab breakfast at DD this morning before braving the early voting lines and running some errands. So much for healthy eating this week!
  • Options
    @lelkcot I figured it was appropriate, although by the time Thanksgiving rolls around we won't be able to eat very much. My stomach already feels squished.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meggyme I don’t know if it a longer torso thing, but that didn’t really hit me until the very end with DS. So there’s a reasonable chance I’ll still be in the extra hungry/eat all the things phase (which is not great for keeping the pregnancy weight gain reasonable). But hopefully it means thanksgiving is extra tasty!
  • Options
    Wonder if they make eating pants in maternity??  :) Actually I think that might just be sweatpants with the band rolled down under the bump, lol.
  • Options
    @diaphena or some good stretchy maternity yoga pants!!
  • Options
    LEGGINGS!!! At a certain point even maternity pants are just not going to happen for me. At this point, it'll be soon because I can't find any I like. They all creep down and give me plumber's crack.
  • Options
    @lelkcot I just bought a pair of those the other day, so I'll be ready for Thanksgiving feasting! Haha

@meggyme It took me forever to find maternity pants that I liked, besides leggings and jeans, and I still only kinda like those. As of now I'm still getting by with regular pants in a size up plus a waistband extender thingy so I'm hoping that lasts a while!
  • Options
    @diaphena I just bought a pair off poshmark that I hope I like. They are designer brand and a bit larger than I usually wear. I hope that by them being a little bigger they might not fall down as much. All mine tend to crawl down my legs as I move so I'm constantly yanking them up. That might be part of my problem.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL. Way too busy with a million things hitting at once. And then I think just an over-taxed mindset where even simple things like posting/interacting on forums seems like too much mental work. Ugh. But I'm going to try to be better! On the topic of maternity pants, I think I've been super lucky so far in that my regular style of dress for fall/winter has been leggings and a tube skirt and so far that's been fine again. Granted, I think I'm taller and have a longish torso (I'm almost 20 weeks and in the morning especially I can still pretty much pass as not pregnant), so that's made things easier. I have a pair of maternity leggins, but I'm hesitant to break them out. I'm super picky about leggings, only really liking the super soft cotton ones, and I'm not sure the maternity ones I bought a month or so ago will really cut it! We'll see!
  • Options
    I hit the feeling stuffed easily point wayyy faster with this one. Like pretty much as soon as the nausea lifted that set in. Which has caused me to gain a lot less so I guess that’s a plus. I also have a really long torso so I don’t know what gives. I kind of wonder if it has anything to do with my anterior placenta this time. For every ultrasound the baby is sandwiched under it and every time he moves he’s kicking up against it. 
  • Options
    How is it already November??
  • Options
    @navete Agreed! Of course, I think in teacher time...so, it’s 2 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving Break, then 4 weeks until Winter Break. After that it’s 2019 and just a few months until these babies are here. EEEK! 
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 When you put it like that...😳😱
  • Options
    @navete I have to ask because I keep seeing more of them... do emojis not crash your bump posts anymore? It used to be you were limited to the emoticons the have in the smileys and anything else following an emoji would get deleted. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 - I'm completely with you on the feeling full quite fast front! I still managed to gain a stupid amount of weight even while nauseous (mostly because bagels were the only thing I could reliably eat, so obvious weight gain was had). So, while I still miss eating in the quantities that I used to, I'm hopeful that the being full thing might slow me down!
  • Options
    @navete & @purpleteacher82 wow - thinking of it that way makes me feel like I need to get on the ball preparing for this little one! 😳
  • Options
    @meggyme it seems emojis now work on the bump! 😬🎉
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2018
    🎉💃🏻 and most importantly... 🙄

I’m glad the tech gurus are working on the important stuff....
  • Options
    @lelkcot I don’t think my husband understand why I’ve been freaking out about getting things done, but I know the holidays are going fly by and then we will be just a few months out from this baby. Plus, you never know if you will go early! I’m also a super Type A Planner so I want everything done now! 😆
  • Options
    @meggyme Yes! It seems emojis are now working ok (although I only attempt at the end of the post bc previously it would delete anything following lol). It’s bad news for y’all bc I’m kind of an emoji junkie 😬😝🤣
  • Options
    @navete I’m all about the emojis too 😝😬
  • Options
    So... after a tense (and passive aggressive/hostile on the part of Stepmother) family message exchange yesterday, I get to host dad & SM today. It’s already kicked off with her texting to say she’s on a super restrictive diet and should she “just bring her own dinner.” Send some positive my way so I can be nice! 😳😣
  • Options
    @lelkcot Ugh! That stinks. I'm not sure if all the positive vibes can combat that situation, but I wish you well none the less. Good luck! 😬
  • Options
    Yikes @lelkcot, good luck today!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @lelkcot Ugh, good luck!! And yes, tell her to bring her own dinner...and maybe she can eat it in another room so there’s no chance of contamination from everyone else’s food  :D
  • Options
    Man, I am feeling ragey today and a little overwhelmed by all the stuff I want to do this weekend but also don’t have the energy or willpower for. And my poor toddler (who is also the source of my rage) is the only one around to take it. I feel bad but I’m also on my last nerve and it’s day 1 of a 3 day weekend. Naptime could not come soon enough today. I hope I feel better after a nap.
  • Options
    @meggyme Naps can sometimes do wonders for a mood reset - hope that’s the case for you. Is it possible to do something fun/relaxing with your toddler until you feel better (if the nap doesn’t help), even if it’s just for an hour or so? As for the overwhelming list of “want to dos/need to dos”, I find it helpful to pick the most important and say I’m only going to do those. Often enough I’ll find that I have the energy and time to do just a few more when I’m all done. Good luck!
  • Options
    @navete does strapping her to a cart and strolling target count as fun/relaxing. Haha! We’re walking through the light displays at the botanical gardens tonight with a friend and her toddler whose husband is deployed. Hopefully letting her run around and putting it in the perspective of I only have a few more days of this will help.
  • Options
    lelkcotlelkcot member
    edited November 2018
    @meggyme hope you guys had a blast seeing the lights tonight! And that today got better. I definitely feel you on those days where you’re just counting down to nap time...
    AFM - thanks for all the good wishes ladies! Dad and SM are gone and I was nice despite Christmas (the hot button issue from yesterday’s text exchange) getting brought up and her lecturing us non stop about how if we gave up sugar and carbs we’d be SO much healthier (while I was making pumpkin cheesecake bars no less). So feeling grumpy and wishing for a glass of wine right about now... important part is dad and DS got time to visit and play. 
    Edited because words...
  • Options
    Thank you, the nap did help and the lights were fun. I think my stroller has a flat, but otherwise we had a good time walking the lights and drinking hot chocolate.

@lelkcot I hope you agreed with her while licking the spoon. I’m glad your dad had a good visit at least.
  • Options
    @meggyme I sent my dad home with muffins and half the cheesecake bars instead 😂
    So glad it was a fun evening - I’m a sucker for lights (and hot chocolate)!
  • Options
    @lelkcot I was gonna write a supportive comment but I got completely derailed by “pumpkin cheesecake bars”. I’ve never had them but they sound sooooo good and that’s all I want now  :D I’m glad you survived the visit and your Dad and DS got to hang out ☺️

@meggyme I’m glad your day got better, and the lights stroll sounds like a nice outing.

AFM - MH has been non-stop on the phone, for weeks now, but got especially bad these last few days (he says he had over 60 calls just yesterday!) I’ve barely been able to say two sentences to him all day today because of these calls, including right now lol. I worked an open house today that has the potential to bring in my next client so I’m happy about that. Other than that, it’s been really gloomy here from all the smoke from the CA fires. We’re far from the nearest fire but the air quality is soooo bad and it’s just been dark, cold and depressing. I cannot imagine how bad it is for people who are in the vicinity of the fires, or the hardships of people who have been directly impacted. And I always think of/worry about the fire fighters and first responders at the front lines - hoping for the fires to quell soon.
  • Options
    @navete they’re delightful, totally worth all the carbs and sugar 😝 mostly used this recipe (I modify every recipe) https://www.fridaycakenight.com/2016/05/pumpkin-cheesecake-bars/
    And boo for YH being stuck on the phone on the weekend! Hope things slow down for him, for both your sakes! DH is on the phone all day during the week, but thankfully weekends are left alone. And the fires out in Cal always sound/look so scary. Thinking of everyone dealing with them, both directly and indirectly. 
  • Options
    @navete Wildfires suck. I always tell people I’ll take an earthquake over any other natural disaster any day! I hope you can find some relief from the smoke.