May 2019 Moms

High Risk Mamas

13»

Re: High Risk Mamas

• *lurking...since I hardly ever log on desktop and hate trying to post in mobile**

@becks105 I'm so sorry you're going through this. I have a success story that will hopefully make you feel a little better. My last baby had the same problems. Measured small and we started having ultrasounds with the HR doc every 2 weeks, which monitored the blood flow through the umbilical cord. Legs, arms and head all measured behind the whole time. The doctor mentioned everything from Downs Syndrome to Dwarfism, but I declined an amnio so we didn't know anything until birth. She was born at 36 weeks weighing 7lb 5oz and was perfectly fine measurement wise...19 in long. She is now a healthy 5 year old with a lot of attitude! I'll be thinking about you and sending creepy internet hugs! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Well I had my labor stopped last night. 27+3. Also found out I have gestational diabetes. I started the makena shots, and hopefully baby will stay put at least 10 more weeks. Thank God this is my last pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything seemed to go well at my MFM appointment. She said she was measuring 30th percentile... so idk how the first ultrasound was so off? I follow up again once more with MFM later this month, and my OB mentioned additional monitoring if she’s still small. 

latest drama is that I hard core failed my glucose test and am going for the 3 hour test on Monday. I honestly thought I had it in the bag. Level was 186!  I don’t eat great but I don’t eat terribly either. But, my mom had GD with me, so idk. Hoping for a good outcome. 

Hoping for the best for all of you ladies, too!
  • Anyone here have any experience, personal or otherwise, with a velamentous cord insertion? Instead of inserting directly into the placenta my baby's cord inserts into the membranes and has to travel to get to the placenta, putting him at risk for growth restriction and intrauterine death. This has me terrified. So far he is growing well (78th percentile) and we're going every 2 weeks for growth checks and to measure the size of a lung abnormality that he has (called a CPAM). Anyone have any experience with this? 
    So terrifying, it seems they are constantly looking for things, all things that come back with findings of questionable significance but might be no problem at all. 
  • @nosjutl I'm so sorry to hear that you've gotten some scary news, but it does sound like your doctors have a good plan in place to keep everybody healthy. I've got no experience or knowledge of velamentous cord insertion, so I can't offer more than my well-wishes. Keep us updated!
  • wisehwiseh member
    @nosjutl I had a friend with a velamentous cord insertion who delivered a perfectly healthy 6lb baby 2 days before EDD. Her cord did detach from the placenta during the birth so she needed to get a spinal block & have it manually removed. Both mum & bub are fine nearly a year on. Hope that gives you some positive thoughts!

How'd you go with your second GTT @becks105?

I realised I never gave anyone here an update on my liver if they were at all interested. I had an ultrasound which came back perfect (bar being mildly fatty) and shortly after my enzymes returned to a level only 1 point outside of normal and have remained around there ever since. About 4 weeks later my nausea had almost disappeared and whilst I sometimes get nauseous it is not enough for me to want to take anything for it. I also changed OBs as I've moved interstate and they're repeating liver function tests and doing growth scans every 4 weeks to keep an eye on everything. My new OB believes the iron infusion I got prior to pregnancy may have contributed to my abnormal liver function after surgery as I wasn't technically iron deficient when I got my infusion and my ferritin levels stayed at quite high for close to 6 months. This has also since returned to a normal level and will be monitored every 4 weeks as well.
  • @wiseh I passed! Bring on the milkshakes! Haha! Sounds like things are progressing well for you, too? Hope all good things!
  • High risk for preterm labor. Currently at the hospital they have tried to stop my contractions but so far no luck they are pumping baby with steroids to help her lungs just in case she tries to make an appearance.
  • High risk for preterm labor. Currently at the hospital they have tried to stop my contractions but so far no luck they are pumping baby with steroids to help her lungs just in case she tries to make an appearance.
  • wisehwiseh member
    Going quite well for me at this stage, thanks @Becks1509! Yay for passing your second GD too! Spearmint milkshakes are my current must have hahaha

Oh @jwalters2019 thinking of you! Hoping she holds out at least 48 hours for those steroids to kick in and if she does make an early appearance that her lungs are nice and strong! <3
  • @wiseh thank you so much!