May 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In Week Of 10/31

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: STM+ Check In Week Of 10/31

• Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages?  DD is 13 months

How are your other kids doing this week?  She was a little under the weather, but okay - she's eating normally again and never had a fever, so I guess it was just a little bug.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  I'm weirdly nervous about Halloween, I never got trick or treaters at my old condo and apparently our neighborhood gets crazy.  That doesn't have anything to do with DD, it's just a general worry.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween?  She will be a butterfly.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1, he's 4. Next week I'll be saying he's 5 😭

How are your other kids doing this week? He's doing great. He LOVES Halloween, so he's just so excited and having a blast with life right now. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? He is dead set he only wants a brother. Which is frustrating because I'm pretty sure he's not getting one 😂

Ugh. He was supposed to ride a dinosaur. Literally like a month ago he was OBSESSED. Now he insists on being a freaking ninja and claims he's afraid of dinosaurs 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2DDs, ages 5 and 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Other kiddos are doing great. We finally told them about the "new baby," so they are intrigued about that, but mostly just doing their regular thing and pumped for Halloween.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? My NT scan is paired with two blood draws, so I have to wait for the second one before I actually get any results. It seems like everyone else is getting info right away, but maybe that's just people who did the full blood test? Idk, this is the first time I've done this so I'm like a FTM on this front.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? DD1 is being Batgirl, which was great cause we got a sparkly Batgirl dress costume like a year and a half ago for an super hero party and we have gotten SO much mileage out of it (she doesn't really grow... legs get longer, everything else stays the same). It's crazy glittery so she loves it. DD2 is a pink flamingo, which was a bit more challenging, mostly because I hated all the flamingo costumes on amazon, so we settled for a pink hoodie and pants, multiple layers of tutus, and a pink feather boa to wrap around. She loved it, but I'm sure the neighbors won't be able to tell what she is.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I was nervous the first Halloween in our new house, too. But then we only got 5 kids haha. Hope everything goes well!

@GeorgiaGirl1230 OMG she is so cute! Love that she chose the costume herself.

@brie_and_almonds It does seem like those we did the NIPT (myself included) got results pretty fast. Hopefully that second draw comes back asap so you can have some peace of mind!

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD, 16 months

How are your other kids doing this week? We're doing so much better with the 1-nap transition. She started off only sleeping 45 mins/1 hour at a time, which was brutal. Now she's extended it to 1 hr 45.. so we're heading in the right direction! She sleeps almost 12 hours straight at night, so I don't think I can expect to much day sleep from her. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Starting to tell more people about this baby outside of our families. It's making it seem more real!

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? She's being a chef! Has a little apron and chef's hat, and she'll carry around a sifter and a spoon. She looks SO CUTE. Plus, we found the costume at the dollar store - score.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds my experience was that at the NT ultrasound, the doctor looked up my results from the blood draw and gave preliminary results.

@mrsdee15 glad your daughter is feeling better

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 14 months

How are your other kids doing this week? We thought her sleep was getting better but she was up at 5:15 again today,

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? NT ultrasound at 12 weeks on Friday. It's hard to not be nervous with the SCH and just hoping everything is looking good with the baby and the bleed.I still feel like crap in the evenings but find I've been forgetting to take my B6 in the morning this week. That's all great if my morning sickness is just going to taper off earlier than last pregnancy (it started 3 days later) but that's also adding to my nervousness.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? DD is a pineapple and I think she's so stinking cute in it.

• Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 11.5 mo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! So happy and he's starting to eat more food and have less formula which is good since we're done buying it really soon!

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Nope.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? We don't have a real costume for him so I put him in this 6-9 mo raccoon outfit that he never wore :lol: It actually doesn't fit him too terribly, it's just short.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I absolutely squeeze DD into clothes a full 2-3 months smaller than her size (and she's very true to size) all. the. time. Daycare's like "we need bigger clothes" and I just got around to ordering them last week.

• Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 DDs, ages 4 and 2

How are your other kids doing this week? Same old, same old. DD1 is suddenly SUPER into colouring, so that's about all we do. I'll take it.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? None today. Between pregnancy fatigue and sickness and this cold that I've been battling for over a week, I feel like I've hardly paid attention to them. Ugh. I hope I'm feeling better soon.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? DD1 was SUPPOSED to be a mermaid. I even made her an adorable mermaid tutu and she loved it at first, but she wore it for her school's costume day last week, declared it itchy and now no longer wants to be a mermaid. I'm not making or buying her a new costume though, so I think she's going to be a ghost instead, which she was last year as well but, oh well. DD2 will be a pirate. DD1 was a pirate when she was 2, so we still have all the stuff. I guess I'm big on recycling costumes.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 girls, ages 5 & 3

How are your other kids doing this week? It's been a good week.  Skating started and my 3 year old is just over the moon.  In our town, most of the programs for kids don't start until age 3 so DD2 has just been dragged along to all of DD1's various extra curriculars for the past 2 years.  She's finally able to do all the things, and its just so stinkin' cute to see her excitement over it all.  She has facetimed every member of our family to make sure they saw the video of her first skate, lol.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Only raves this week.  I'm feeling so much better, I can finally make it through the day without a nap and I'm actually getting shit done during the day too.  And huge rave for DD1.  She suffers from anxiety and last season she was only ok out on the ice if I was right by the glass where she could see me.  She did so well at fall school this year that I thought we may be moving past it so I ran the idea by her yesterday that I would really like to go up and walk the track (goes around the the perimeter of the bleachers, so I could still see her but I'd be up high) and she totally freaked.  I backed off and just agreed to keep with our original plan but halfway through her skate she came over to the boards and tried to yell something to me through the glass.  I met her at the door and she says, I'm ok.  You can go up on the track now.  I went up and she was fine.  I am so proud of her, and I'm also really looking forward to utilizing that time twice a week because I've otherwise been struggling to find the time to do much of a workout.

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween?  Fancy Nancy and Minnie Mouse.  But Minnie spent most of the day without her mouse ears, they were so dang heavy and kept falling off!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages?  2 girls, 8 and 5

How are your other kids doing this week? They are driving me crazy this week. They absolutely adore each other but also hate each other. They are constantly fighting. Yesterday they were supposed to be working on homework and they were fighting over the same pencil. The older one knows exactly how to push the younger ones buttons and make her mad. These ages can be lots of fun, but on the other hand I wish they were still babies so they wouldn’t be calling each names across the dinner table! But I just looked in on them, and they are in the same bed together sleeping sweetly. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? No

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? One was a mermaid and the other a unicorn. They had so much fun and I throughly enjoyed doing the face makeup. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options

2 boys 5 and 2.5

good they have been hyper for Halloween and waking up super early (5:30). 

I am anxious, I had an awful pregnancy dream last night. Apparently I only get pregnancy nightmares. I still have two more weeks before I get to check on baby and my SCH and we have had to start telling people for various reasons about the pregnancy and that just makes me more nervous. 

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? Ds1 was a firefighter and ds2 was a dinosaur rider. So much fun!
  • Options
    1 DS, 15 months

He’s doing okay, but all 4 of his molars are coming in right now. He’s been a bit fussier than usual and sleep has been a bit disturbed. All 4 have broken the surface, so I’m hoping it will be over soon!

DS cries every time he goes over to the in-laws place. If I’m there I can usually get him soothed and back to normal within about 5 minutes. However, if he goes over just with DH apparently he will basically just cry the whole time. I don’t know how to help DH soothe DS when I’m not there, and this is something that they need to be able to do! Also it would be really nice if he could be more comfortable with his grandparents. I know it is still early, but I worry about what is going to happen when I’m in labor and who is going to watch him. Originally I’d been thinking his grandparents, but I’m not sure they can handle him. 

I live in Japan and there is no trick or treating here, so we didn’t really do anything. All your pics are making me jealous though!
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD- 3 1/2

How are your other kids doing this week? Her teacher said she was a bad listener yesterday so she wasn't allowed to have candy last night. I guess that might have been a little harsh since she was likely amped up for trick or treat. But whatever. I am tired of hearing she wasn't listening. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Nothing specific today

GTKY: What is your kid(s) being for Halloween? Star Wars Stormtrooper
    DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • Options
    @coffeeislife um... she's 3.5! 3.5 year olds are not good listeners. I'm sorry the teacher was harsh. I would ask if they have any suggestions on how to help her improve. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @gabadoo. Yes, you're definitely right. I just got the message last night that I have to go back and have blood drawn again on November 11.
    kids with flags