May 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check In w/o 10/29

This thread is for those due May 8-14

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week?
Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 2 Check In w/o 10/29

• Due date/W+D: May 13, 12w

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments this week, but I may call in for a consult with a midwife. 

Rants/Raves?: I read today that my baby can yawn. I thought that was pretty cool. 

How are you feeling?: was feeling great but the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks today. 

We went to a Halloween carnival thing this weekend, and we'll go trick or treating on Wednesday. 
  • Due date/W+D: May 12, 12+1

Baby is the size of a(n): clementine

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my NT scan, elective "gender" scan (what the boutique place calls it - I know the difference between sex and gender!), and anatomy scan all scheduled! It's true that second pregnancies go by so much faster than the first. My NT scan is next Tuesday - I feel like that came up real fast!

Rants/Raves?: We'll be telling family and friends that don't already know after we have our NT scan. FX everything looks good and normal! We won't announce the sex after our elective scan - we'll make everyone wait until after it's confirmed at the anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling?: I've been managing with the Pregnant Lady's Speedball (diclegis + coffee), but this weekend the nausea reared its ugly head and absolutely nothing helped at all. It was so bad, just like it was at 9/10 weeks. UGH. I thought it was supposed to be on the upswing once we hit second tri?? Blah. 

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? We might go to the Halloween parade at DD's future preschool Wednesday morning. And then we're just taking her trick-or-treating around our cul-de-sac in the evening. No one invites us to parties anymore lol. 

Question for the group: is it time to start thinking about a fun team name rather than just being called "Group 2"???
    Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @poshspice I also feel like this has gone super fast so far, too. I know it'll slow waaaay down lol but right now I'm enjoying the speed. 

And to answer your question, I'm down for a new name. (Autocorrect changed name to band. If you guys want to start a band, I'm down with that too 😂)
  • @poshspice I also feel like this has gone super fast so far, too. I know it'll slow waaaay down lol but right now I'm enjoying the speed. 

And to answer your question, I'm down for a new name. (Autocorrect changed name to band. If you guys want to start a band, I'm down with that too 😂)
    @eatinwatermelonseeds omg can our team name also be a band name? DH is always saying "that would be a great band name" about random phrases we encounter  :D
    Ticker

• @poshspice this has got to happen. 
  • Due date/W+D: 12+5

Baby is the size of a(n): A tennis ball is tall

Any appointments? Questions?: I meet with my midwife for the first time Friday to hear the heartbeat and preregistration for my hospital room! 😍

Rants/Raves?: Told my students I am pregnant today! They were so excited and already gave me name suggestions! ❤️

How are you feeling?: Heartburn sucks. I’ve barely eaten today. Sleep doesn’t happen. I’m fucking cranky is hell. That is all...

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Just passing out candy and dog treats! ❤️
  • Due date/W+D: 12+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Scoop of protein according to BabySizer

Any appointments? Questions?: Impatiently waiting for my next one in 2.5 weeks

Rants/Raves?: Happy to be getting to second tri! Then I can chill there for a while before getting too big and too tired

How are you feeling?: Slowly getting better with the nausea

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Block partayyy with my fun neighborhood
  • Also down with a team name
  • Due date/W+D:  05/08, 12w5d’s

Any appointments? Questions?:  I had my Nt scan today. So awesome! Baby is measuring 14 weeks and the tech guessed it’s a boy. Won’t be running out to buy any boy stuff though. Should know the sex for sure though when we get our NIPT results. My blood draw for that is on Fri.

Rants/Raves?: ummm I can’t think of anything. My NT scan is kind of a rave. Oh I know, I have felt some occasional butterflies and it may or may not be baby, or just gas! Haha. But I have heard of third time moms feeling baby this early especially if baby is a week ahead than we thought. 

How are you feeling?: I was feeling much better and than bam I get these weird spells where I don’t feel well. I was washing dishes this morning and randomly gagged twice almost throwing up. 

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Taking the girls trick or treating with friends. We take pics of all the kids together, hit up a few streets and then go back to our friends house for chili. It’s always so much fun. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Due date/W+D: 5/11 12 weeks 2 days 

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointment until the 15th. We will have a u/s then to check on my SCH. I am not so patiently waiting for the appointment Since I am anxious that everything is ok. 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: nausea was gone for a few days but seems to be back. Today I nearly threw up when I pulled a mushy cookie out of ds2s car seat. Still waiting for that energy boost too. I am still so tired!

We live in a small town and Halloween is a big deal. They shutdown Main Street so the kids can parade through the center of town led by the fire trucks and then visit the fire station for cider and donuts. We will probably trick or treat along the way to the parade and maybe a few houses in our neighborhood on the way home. We don’t get many kids at our house because we live in the outskirts so I just leave a bowl of candy on the porch. Hopefully the weather gets better. They are calling for 40 degrees and rain. 
  • Due date/W+D:  5/12/19 12 weeks+ 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Any appointments? Questions?:I had my NT scan yesterday. It went well. She was done in like 5 minutes and there were zero concerns. I saw the baby bounce up like a jumping bean. It was so cute. I also had my Panorama blood draw yesterday which I thought was going to be today at my 12 week OB but they just did it yesterday. 

Rants/Raves?: The hospital that did my Panorama said they would only contact me if there were any concerns. I really just want a call either way though. My heart is going to jump every single time the phone rings next week. I'd rather see a call coming in and know they could be calling either way. Also, it sounds like I am going to have to make a proactive call to get the sex which will likely be annoying getting a hold of someone.

How are you feeling?: the past two days, absolutely awful. I get these waves of nausea and I am so close to throwing up but I never do. Since I know this isn't like a hangover and puking will help, I try and stop myself. 

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Not really. I am not super into Halloween. DH will take DD out tomorrow and I will stay and hand out candy to our 5 neighbors who will stop by.
    DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • Due date/W+D: May 8th/12w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): scoop of ice cream :D

Any appointments? Questions?: We had our NIPT and u/s yesterday. Everything checked out wonderfully on the u/s. HR is at 158 now (started at 178) and baby was moving all around. Looked right at us with his/her sweet little skeleton face lol. Saw fingers and arms and legs. They didn't try for a shot to guess the sex, but we've opted for the blood test so we should know in 5-7 days. MH will learn the results and then we are doing something fun for DD and I to find out together.

Rants/Raves?: I know I'm going to want to buy all the things once we learn the sex (well except I don't need anything clothes/blaket wise if it's a girl), but we have NOWHERE to store things.

How are you feeling?: I can't complain much. I'm feeling good on the most part. Achy hips and still some fatigue. I finally starting to feel optimistic and like this pregnancy is real and will last. Yesterday was a good day.

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? We had Trunk or Treat at church on Sunday and we will go Trick or Treating Wednesday night with my best friend and her daughter (who is, coincidentally, my DD's BFF...wonder how that happened) in their neighborhood. We don't have many kids in ours so not much fun goes on their. Her neighborhood gives out GOOD candy, sometime full size, and some make treats for the adults. I've had th ebest spiked cider there before. None this year though of course.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 7th / 13 weeks today 

My EDD got moved (again) last week. Can I stay here though? I’ve been in this group since the beginning and I don’t think this new EDD is right anyway  

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon 

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointments this week

Rants/Raves?: I’m seriously showing already! this is my 3rd baby, but holy cow! We were hoping to keep it under wraps til nov 9th, but it’s getting too hard to hide  

How are you feeling?: tired, everyday at 2:30 I get so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open  

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Church fall festival. Always lots of fun for the kiddos. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Due date/W+D: May 14, 12w

Baby is the size of a(n): Swedish fish

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment Nov 6

Rants/Raves?: I had my Harmony/NIPT blood draw last week and got my results yesterday- everything negative/low risk and it's another boy (I have two sons already)! I'm definitely ready for people to ask about disappointment/whether I was trying for a girl, but the truth is I've never cared one way or another if I had boys or girls. I'm happy to have all my boys! It is a little weird to think that I will never have a daughter and I definitely would have welcomed an excuse to shop for new baby clothes, but I wouldn't trade this LO for anything in the world. Also, the chance of me strangling my husband while trying to agree on a name is much, much lower since we're not having a girl.

How are you feeling?: I have been pretty MIA from this board for the last couple weeks, but I've been trying to read all of your updates. I was happy to see a lot of you began to feel better, but it does look like some of us are still suffering from MS. I feel like garbage and have been throwing up pretty much every day. Usually, I fare the best when I bite the bullet and throw up first thing in the morning, but this is not an encouraging way to keep living my life. I will have to figure something out with my doctor if I'm still sick next week, because Unisom is not working for me this time around.

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? DS1 has a Halloween party at school, then we'll all go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood with some friends.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kbelly777 I say stay! I’m measuring ahead a week and there has been discussion of moving my due date again, but regardless I’m staying right here. I moved from the April board to here and I’m not going to move again!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Yay! Thank you @robyn2201

I’ve measured ahead at my last three u/s and they keep moving my EDD, but I already love seeing updates from you all and really want to stay with y’all. 💗👶🏼

• @kbelly777 Definitely stay! 

@misskimsue Congrats on your healthy baby boy! The gender disappointment questions are seriously annoying. Do you already have a name picked out? 

@kfdrive Welcome! Pizza and halloween candy sounds like a perfect meal...

Sorry I always seem to be late posting in our Group check-in. 

Due date/W+D: May 8/13 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon!

Any appointments? Questions?: We got our NIPT results back - low risk. Feeling really grateful. Also held strong on the Team Green status but it's KILLING me knowing random nurses have the sex of our baby. Not ready to cave, though. Anyone else Team Green?

Rants/Raves?: Nothing really this week.

How are you feeling?: Feeling so much better - kind of back to my "normal" self. I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can, knowing it may be my last one (TBD on baby #3). Not sure if anyone truly enjoys 1st tri though...

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? DD is going out as a chef! She has a little chef's hat and apron, and will carry around a mini sifter and spoon. She looks adorable. It's so fun actually taking a kid out for Halloween vs. handing out candy like we did other years. We did a few houses last night in my parent's neighborhood - she was definitely skeptical but didn't shy away from trying to fit as many candy bars in her hand as possible! Tonight we'll do our neighborhood.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @seccic12 I bet that is hard; it would just be a simple phone call away to know. Stay strong!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @secicc12 We don't have a name picked out yet, but we usually find agreement a lot easier on boy names. DH already suggested Arthur (I saw it's got some other fans on the name thread) and although I'm not sure it jives with our last name, it's the type of name that I like so I'm encouraged! I'm so impressed by your Team Green powers of restraint! I actually wish I could be Team Green; I do think it's lovely to have that surprise when you meet your LO. These early months are just so hard on my anxiety, I grasp for any kind of information I can get ahold of. I'm glad people like you exist though, so stay strong!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @misskimsue Arthur is a great name! And works for the French peeps too :) We found out at 10 weeks with DD, so wanted to experience the delivery room surprise this time around. It's SO hard but I've heard it's worth it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: Due 5-12 12wks and 3 days 

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment on Friday. I'm making myself a little nervous even though no signs I should be. 

Rants/Raves?: Rants- I'm tired and people at work feel the need to tell me i look like shit. Raves H is amazing and being so sweet even when my emotions are crazy. 

How are you feeling?: much better than previous weeks. Still throwing up a bit but only in the morning and much less violently. 

GTKY:  Any fun Halloween plans this week? Just working. We live too far out for trick or theaters. 
  • bumbly_bbumbly_b member
    edited October 2018
    @secicc12 I wanted to be team green. H never asks for anything but he really really wanted to find out since it's our first and most likely only I went ahead and made the appointment for him.