Infertility

First FET using 5 year-old frozen embryos!

Hi! I am the proud momma of 4.5 year old twins, a product of my first and only fresh IVF cycle 5 years ago. I am now ready for #3 and we are in process of our first frozen cycle. Anyone else had luck with frozen embryos before, and particularly any one 
With "older" embryos like mine from 2013? I was 27 at the time they were harvested/frozen and am 32 now. They are 3 day blasts but will be thawing and growing to 5 day before choosing the best one to transfer. I cannot carry twins again (it resulted in very early delivery at 25 weeks gestation...my twins are fabulous and healthy today but was told I cannot carry twins) so we will be transferring just one. I have 3 embryos...how many will survive? Doctor cant give an estimate, understandably, so I'm wondering if others have any experiences to share? My transfer is scheduled for November 10. Thanks!

Re: First FET using 5 year-old frozen embryos!

• sungirl39sungirl39 member
    edited October 2018
    Hi, I have 7 year old twins from a fresh cycle; I am currently 14 wks pregnant with an embryo from the same batch (8 yr old embryos)!  Mine were frozen as 5 day blasts (untested, no PGD), but they defrosted without any problems.  Good luck! 
  • @neggert I work at a fertility clinic and we routinely thaw embryos that are older (>5 years). They all seem to do really well. Good luck!
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**