April 2019 Moms

Week 4 Check in W/O 10/29

1. How far along are you this week?

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week?

3. Questions for the group?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week?

Re: Week 4 Check in W/O 10/29

• 1. 14+3

2. Second trimester is here! Such a relief. It’s weird being due the end of the month and feeling so far behind the rest of A19. I’m also not PGAL this time but I was with DD and I don’t think it ever fully goes away. I’m so excited to see baby and find out gender in t minus 9 days. 

3. No questions today I guess. 

4. No; I’ve never really been into Halloween nor the effort or expense of dressing up. So I’m putting off celebrating as long as I can, until DD notices she’s missing out on something. She’s still too young to care, and too young for candy. 
  • @HGRich I know what you mean, week 4 is a tough spot! Have a good appointment :smile:

1. 14w1d

2. The early 2nd tri mild symptoms make me nervous. Part of me (er, my PGAL brain specifically) still wishes I was queasy and puking. I have started switching over to maternity/side panel pants though and oh lord they’re so much more comfy than hair tied corduroys.

3. Questions for the group? I think it’s regionally dependent, but should I be looking at/touring daycares soon? You hear rumors of year long waitlists... but they know pregnancy is 9 months, right??

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Handing out candy! I love seeing all the costumes- it used to be my favorite holiday as a kid.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you this week?
    14+6 ish. 

I finally bought more some maternity pants. I really need to get a couple of tops still but it’s progress. 

3. Questions for the group? Nope

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Work is doing a costume contest and potluck. And then taking DD trick or treating. I’ll be plenty pooped after that so I’m glad we have minimal plans. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. How far along are you this week? 15w today. 

keep getting headaches and the obgyn says she doesn’t think these are pregnancy related, so I don’t know if I should go to my gp for them 

anyone else have super sensitive nipples still?

going to a trunk or treat on Halloween. And maybe stopping by a friends house to trick or treat there only. 
  • 1. How far along are you this week? Apparently 15 weeks. Says my OB at my appointment this morning.

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I’m high risk and I’ve had my 4th ultrasound. All vaginal. Ugh. 

3. Questions for the group? What do you do when your doctors are constantly negative? I’m tired of it. They haven’t been able to find baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler so they are always “concerned”. I’m really big...like my shirt size is circus tent...so I’m guessing that’s why they can’t use the Doppler. Either way I’m tired of the doctors being rude and negative.

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Handing out candy to the kiddos! We have 2 big old buckets full to give out!!
  • @kbirchtree DD elbowed me right in the nipple while trying to get off my lap yesterday and it took all my strength not to scream. So sore and sensitive. And itchy. Ugh. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• 1. How far along are you this week? 14+3

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Has anyone else seen the IKEA commercial where the little girl finds a lamp in the garbage and takes it home? Please tell me I'm not the only one who teared up. Over. A. Lamp.  :D

3. Questions for the group? Nope!

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Not really, we live rural and don't get any trick or treaters down our gravel road.  
  • 1. How far along are you this week? 14 tomorrow

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I’ve had the worst head/neck ache for like 3 days. Tylenol doesn’t touch it, ice and heat help while applied. I’ve been checking my blood pressure and it’s great... I’m sure weather/poor posture/stress are all contributing. Have my OB appt tomorrow, will mention. 

3. Questions for the group? Not at the moment :)

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Trick or treating with DS and his best friend from preschool. We went to a Halloween parade this last weekend and a “witches luncheon” my neighbor had :)
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
    15 weeks

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Not really, I can find little man on the doppler quick, looking forward to feeling the movements.

3. Questions for the group? Stm+ question. When you were pregnant with number two did you feel pretty emotional about sharing your time with the new baby?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? My daughter is to young to trick or treat but I still bought her a pirate costume for pictures and we will stay home to hand out candy. Oh my work is also having a large potluck on Wednesday.
    Will be hitting 14 weeks!

I thought I was over MS after two weeks but just got sick AGAIN... I am so tired of it. Plus, it feels like my back is suddenly broken every night after 7 PM. I think it might be from sitting on the couch, so now I have an office chair in the living room to sit in :(

None at the moment!

Our work group is dressing up as Pac Man characters, then we’ll come home and hand out a little bit of candy but other than that - meh. 
    14+2

This insomnia is brutal.  I don't remember the last time I got straight 8 hours :(

Not tonight

Our DnD group is getting together, and handing out candy as trick-or-treaters come by. I am too tired and not feeling it this year to put in more effort than that.

TTC again since 8/2016
    Me:35 Dh:31
    1 German sheperd puppy
    BFP August 24 2018!
    14+4

pgal and I can’t find the heartbeat on the doppler.  I’ll also be very happy when I start feeling LO. @kbirchtree my boobs and nips are so tender and sore.  Bras, shirts a graze from anything is instant pain.  

on Halloween we have a party to go to and then some community trick or treating. We’re also announcing that night to everyone but the mothers. DS is a t-rex so DH has a Daddy dinosaur shirt and sill wear a pregosaurous shirt. 
    DS is super excited and so we’re going to enjoy it with him. 
    14+6

Appetite is still weird, still the occasional wrong thought/smell/action (talking about you, brushing teeth) making me gag and dry heave. But on the whole, maybe that second trimester being better than the first is coming true for me. Not that I feel like myself, really. So is it weird that I kinda want to start looking pregnant because I sure feel different...? but I barely have a bit of extra belly pudge.

What's PGAL stand for?
    Anyone think they're feeling the baby yet? I know it's generally still pretty early, but just curious. I've had some moments where I'm lying quiet before sleeping and felt a sensation but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Nah. I'm one of those party poopers who thinks that getting into Halloween when you are not a kid or don't have kids is kinda overrated. Also I've lived in apartments, in a different country, or dorms for the past decade so it's been a long time since I could get into handing out candy or decorating... I think it will be fun to get back into it in a few years, though.

@lin0442 (FTM here so this is just what I've heard) -- I think it all depends on where you live and what kind of daycare you want to do. It'd probably be best if you could find the time to call a couple local places and ask about the waitlist situation. But the whole "get on the waitlist as soon as your pregnant" is very real in some locations, as insane as it sounds.

@izzymarie80 That sucks! I'm sure you've thought about switching care providers and maybe it's just not possible, but it's terrible to hear that you're being disrespected by people who are supposed to care for you.
  • @mesweettea PGAL is pregnant after a loss :disappointed: I know what you mean with feeling those flutters and not being sure! And yeah, this is one of those areas where signing up for daycare waitlists is better sooner rather than later- not as bad as it could be, but that’s not saying much lol.

@BoshnJonnie That sounds so cute for a DnD group to do, haha!

@lovemaddux The boob pain is real :cry:
  • LifeofLauren2LifeofLauren2 member
    edited October 2018
    As always, TW with my post. I have severe anxiety over everything!

@mesweettea PGAL is pregnant after a loss. There are a lot of us in April 2019 but specifically in Week 4. I wish I could feel this little guy already. Sometimes I think it's baby and then it's just gas. :(

@lin0442 yes! Start your daycare tours now! I just went on one this morning that I liked but there's likely no way we will get off the wait list in time. They said they would happily take my non-refundable $25 wait list fee though. And there is a chance there would be a spot when we need one in early August 2019. If you're going to try a home daycare setting you still might need to get on a wait list. We had to with our first daughter. AND, pay $40 per week from that time until the time she started to hold her spot. Daycares are crazy! (ETA: I am in St. Louis. Not a crazy big city like Chicago, LA, or New York.)

@kbirchtree I've been having headaches on and off but I can tell mine are due to dehydration or lack of caffeine. I get pretty busy and forget to drink my water. Will your GP see you pregnant? Mine won't. She said that all needs should go through the OB's office unless it's specialized care and then it should go through that doctor's office. Also, yes! My nipples are still so super sensitive! They hurt! 

@lovemaddux, PGAL here too! I tried my at home Doppler at 11 weeks hoping we would hear a heartbeat. Didn't. Then I had an appointment two days later and got a heartbeat but I saw the NP and she had to search for it. Like, 4 minutes. I'm sort of too nervous to try it again at home yet. I might try though this week since I don't have another appointment until week 16. I'm just unsure because at 11 weeks it's easier to explain "oh they're so small still" versus at 14 weeks when you've heard the heartbeat already at the office.

1. How far along are you this week? 14 weeks today!

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? My hubby just doesn't get it. I get winded already when I unload the dishwasher. I NEED extra help at home. Anyone ever hire a cleaning person just during pregnancy? I'm seriously thinking about it.

3. Questions for the group? Have you ladies found out sex already? We found out Sunday that we are having a boy. I don't know how I feel about it. We already have a girl. The first which we lost at 16 weeks was a boy. After that happened I did so much research and found out that female fetuses can react better and thrive better in stressful situations. So, I keep telling my husband he can't stress me out. I am so worried about another MMC. Everyone says when you get to 14 weeks you're golden. We weren't with our first. And lately, I've been hearing of tons of people losing their babies past that 1st trimester. ANXIETY OVERLOAD! 

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? We always go to my aunt's house and trick or treat in her neighborhood. Chili dinner at 5 followed by trick or treating from 6-8 (or whenever the kiddos give up). There will be 8 kids under 6 with us this year!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Aw, wishing all of you PGAL folks the best, then! Stay as calm and strong as you can.
    I feel so anxious about this whole process and I haven't even been through that, I can't even imagine...
  • 1. How far along are you this week? 14

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? So, my OB called me yesterday to tell me the carrier tests came back that I was a fragile x carrier and that I needed to speak to a genetic counselor. Panicked, called, got an appointment, then actually read my results and, calmed down because I was only an intermediate carrier. So talked with the counselor today and things are fine. So, yay. 

3. Questions for the group? Nope.

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? I plan on announcing tomorrow, otherwise I am pug sitting this week for my parents.

• @LifeofLauren2 last pregnancy when I was PGAL I found baby around 10+4 and it took like twenty minutes the first time. All you have to do is remind yourself you’re not an expert, maybe you’re bloated, maybe baby is moving around too much, maybe you have an anterior placenta. After I got faster at it I still made myself take a break and try again in an hour if I couldn’t find it. This baby I actually found at 8+3 and was so surprised, but there have definitely been times it’s taken awhile and I made myself take a break. But by this week I’ve been able to find it in less than a minute most of the time. It really depends on how much you know you’d freak out if you couldn’t find it. For me, the reassurance has been worth the learning curve on how to use it. Hang in there. PGAL sucks so much. I didn’t relax with DD until like week 28. 
  • @LifeofLauren2 it took me like half an hour to find this baby when I tried it. DH can find it in like a min or 2. He got good at it when I was pregnant with DD. I think practice helps, also I find the angle way more difficult on myself. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Hi All!
    1. How far along are you this week? 14 weeks +3 days

My appetite still isn't back -- I eat only 2 meals a day plus a snack -- It's like I can only eat half the amount of food that I used to eat which is fine I guess because I am overweight but --it's so annoying because everyone tells me to eat more and I feel like no one is sympathetic to the fact that food doesn't taste good anymore and I haven't found anything I want to eat. That coupled with my mom saying it's good that you can't eat because you will gain later....

3. Questions for the group? Have you started planning planning/outlining your baby shower?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? No :(