DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: MBF 10/29

• I'm irritated I still can't join our PG  :/
  • I woke up to an email that one of our biggest customers that they couldn't connect to my servers OR my sister sites. So I rush into work only to find out that my counterpart is off so I can't even get into my server room (we require two people). I'm coughing so hard I pee myself and can hardly catch my breath. And I hate everything. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my colleagues gave his notice to our manager that he's leaving, and in an effort to keep him, she offered him a managerial level position that he's not qualified to have. I have the technical background, I'm in a staffing pool for that job level, and I'm considered bilingual; this guy is none of those things (all required for the job). I'm considering filing a grievance if it goes through, because I've worked my ass off to get qualified only to have it not matter.
  • DD has been waking up in the early morning and calling for me to cover her up...then she will fall back asleep and not want to wake up when we have places to be. So frustrating!

We also have a carpenter ant problem and the bug company we hired hasn’t figured out a solution so today I’m trying a home remedy I found online. I’m so annoyed with this!
  • @leighbrek oh hell no, that is incredibly frustrating! I had a counterpart put in her notice a few months ago (before bosses knew I was pregnant) & they offered her full time work from home. Then when I asked for more work from home coming back from maternity leave they turned me down. How come it's only when people are one foot out the door that they (undeservingly) get offered the good stuff?
  • @kianarain It seems to be the way of the world, doesn't it?? Crappy cell phone package - just threaten to leave and they'll sweeten the deal. Unhappy with your internet? They'll give you a free speed boost because you've threatened to leave. Who cares about loyalty? Grrr
  • sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited October 2018
    I already feel bloated after a bowl of cereal. This doesn't bode well for the rest of today. Blah.

Edit: I posted mine then read the previous posts and now feel like I can't even complain. I'm so sorry @ladystout08 @leighbrek @kianarain that this has happened! Makes me so frustrated for you! @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt Carpenter ants are so destructive, sorry you're dealing with and even the professionals can't help!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • I'm irritated I still can't join our PG  :/
    +1

• During the past few nights, I’ve been getting raging heartburn every time I lie on my right side. Little baby, I only have 2 sleeping positions.. can we not eliminate one?!
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Alllsooooo I slept like sheeeeet last night because my upper back hurts and I binged a (not even that scary) show that gave me weird dreams, so between those two & peeing I woke up 4 or 5 times throughout the night. I can usually fall back asleep really quickly, but I was sleeping alone (SO was out of town this weekend) for the first time in our new house so I freaked myself out. I ended up having to turn on a movie to get out of my head, but I never sleep as soundly with the TV on.

My cats kept me company, but in an effort to make them stay I slept in really uncomfortable positions so they weren't bothered lol. So now my back hurts even more... Hoping people stay out of my blind spot on the way home because I basically can't turn that way rn :joy: 

The only thing worse than Mondays? Sleep-deprived Mondays :tired_face: 
  • 2 hrs of sleep, a new system at work on a Monday that isn't working right, half my team off so I've been doing everyone's work but my own and I just hurt.  F-U Monday!
  • My counterpart is a lazy pain in my balls and it drives me nuts. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I took ds to a music class this morning and the building was very confusing but it wasn't a bad walk from the parking lot to the actual room. After I got in, all the moms were bitching about how far they had to walk and how ridiculous it was that the side doors of the building weren't open and I know I shot some dirty looks because 1 I'm the only one who is or appears to be very pregnant and 2 the building also houses a preschool! they can't just have random doors open for safety reasons. 

Also, dh works from home on Mondays now and I love it and loathe it at the same time. I feel guilty if I sit and veg while ds naps. And dh just wants to talk all.the.time! 
  • World Series games start way too late for people who have to wake up for work in the morning (especially when they go 18 innings...) and now I'm exhausted because I didn't actually get a chance to catch up on sleep with weekend and people have the nerve to actually ask me questions! lol
  • I know this will sound like a selfish rant, but whatever.
    We LOVE our in-home daycare provider that only lives 1 mile away, and she absolutely loves DD. About 6 months after we joined (we've been there 18 months now), she took on a new boy that's about 3 that had some aggressive behaviors. He pushed, hit, disobeyed the rules, and was careless around the little ones. We didn't like him, the provider was on the fence about him, but eventually he became learned and now only hits/pushes/etc occasionally. The day that I told the provider we were expecting and asked her to hold the infant spot that becomes available once my DD turns 2, she said that another mom is also pregnant and told her THE DAY BEFORE! And it's the mom of the kid that we don't like :(

Fast forward to today, the baby was born this week and the mom had the baby over at the daycare this morning when I dropped DD off. I've had time to accept that this baby is (not really, but in my eyes...) stealing DS's spot, and I was excited to see how DD would react to the new baby. She was SUPER gentle and very very sweet and I can't wait for her to meet her brother. Then the mom asked when I was due, and I'm not sure she knew I was pregnant? But not sure how she wouldn't have known, and when I told her she had this blank look like she was contemplating something. I will never know for sure, but I wonder if she did the math and knows she is the reason my son won't have a spot right away with his sister? I know the provider REALLY wants us to stay with her, and DS would be able to start in September there, but that means we need alternate care from April-September. Our provider has told us that she sees Elyse almost like the daughter she never had (she has 2 boys and DD is her only little girl at the daycare) and I had hoped that she would prioritize our next baby over this baby, but of COURSE that's selfish of me to think and I know business is business. A part of me is frustrated that this family could be the reason we need to leave the daycare we love and that loves us (at least the provider says so, but who knows if she tells all her families that).

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • At 5:15 am,  my dog was sprayed in the face by a skunk. 3 baths later, he smells good but my house still stinks. Counting down until Friday.
  • My husband tried to mansplain pregnancy to me yesterday. I was talking about how big my belly was getting and he was like "well it's not going to get any bigger because baby is only getting fatter at this point, not longer". Ummmmwhat? Aside from that making no sense literally all of it is wrong. I called him out and got the classic man "maybe you're right". No, I 100% AM right goshdarnit.
  • edited November 2018
    I am OVER feeling guilty and gift-grabby because of all this nonsense...our shower is on Saturday and I am feeling frustrated at more than half of our guests who have NOT bought things off the registry and who are now (multiple people...as in more than a few!) have texted or called me to ask me where all the "fun stuff" on my registry is.  Ummmmm already bought by the people who plan ahead and got things within the last 7 weeks because we sent out the invites 1st week in September! I was stressed enough not seeing things disappearing off the registry (I couldn't NOT keep track) but I talked myself down from that insanity, saying people won't show up empty-handed and that almost everything can be returned.  But for people to actually complain to me that there's not any fun stuff left on the registry with TWO days left until the shower is ridiculous! My cousin wrote to me today asking me if I had a specific play mat, a rock n play, and a stroller -- where are those things on my registry.  I said yep those things were all already bought!

ALSO...a mega supply of diapers, the Haaka breast milk catcher thingy, the crib mattress liners, and the nipple cream and the Kiinde bottle gift set....all these things ARE fun to me!  We thought long and hard about the registry and put stuff on there we think we'll need, not random crap to see what people will buy us or what's "fun." I DON'T NEED THE RESIDUAL STRESS OF YOUR PROCRASTINATION, PEOPLE! I'm creating life over here!

Edit: because my cat walked across my laptop keyboard and pushed send

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib

PREACH MAMA!! I HAVE ALL OF THESE EXACT SAME FRUSTRATIONS. 
    my shower is this Sunday and we have around 50+ confirmed RSVPS and then I look at my registry and it’s not adding up. Either people are horrible procrastinators OR they went rogue and got me whatever they wanted. So many frustrations. 
  • @rooonilwaazlib @ms_stevens87
    Not to try to stress you out or anything... But very few people bought stuff off my registry. I have a shit ton of newborn size summertime onesies for my due-in-January baby. I got lots of books, some toys... But yup, mostly newborn clothes. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I was a bit sad. The baby will probably never wear those clothes because they're not warm, and I likely can't return anything because I don't have gift receipts. 
    Good luck.
  • @ms_stevens87 @leighbrek yeah, I've gotten past the fact that we will get a whole bunch of things we didn't register for...but it's more annoying that people are writing to me to complain there's nothing "fun" on the registry aka nothing they feel worthy of buying.  SORRY you waited to the end when all the big stuff is gone but it's not my fault you're in this position!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• MIL complained about our wedding registry - "I didn't see anything I liked"  :| ok well it's not your registry. 

Luckily our baby shower the people who went rogue did a good job picking things out.  Maybe people are planning on giving you gift cards @rooonilwaazlib

There is still a lot we need but we'll be getting our registry discount soon and black Friday/ cyber Monday is coming.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll get a bunch of gift cards!
  • @leighbrek you could figure out where ppl bought clothes from and return without the receipt. I am pretty sure Target allows this. At the very least exchange for a bigger size. Kind of a pain though.
  • @rooonilwaazlib my shower is on Saturday and the number of people that never RSVP’d to my sister... 
  • @rooonilwaazlib @ms_stevens87 I don't get that,  are you inviting a lot of people who have never had children? Im definitely the last of my friends to have kids and I have always understood that buying a gift because it's needed/ wanted is preferred over cute and fun. I hope if people go rogue you get stuff you can return with or without gift receipts! Enjoy,  I can't wait for my shower in 2 weeks. Im currently traking down the slackers that didn't respond
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt Someone mentioned that. The only label I've been able to identify is Carter's OshKosh, which could be from anywhere. We don't have Target in Canada, so definitely not there.
  • one last ditch effort @leighbrek: if you have a registry somewhere (let's say Macy's), they'll usually let you return stuff that wasn't on your registry without any fuss. I'm pretty certain all department stores carry Carter's/OshKosh? Or if you have a Carter's store, they are really gracious about returns/exchanges and may let you. Worth a try? Last but not least, if you have a store like Once Upon A Child, if things are unworn with tags they almost always buy them -- it's a kids consignment store, who are notoriously weird about what they buy and how much they give you for it, but hey, something's better than nothing :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• ersh1010 it varies! but my cousin who was giving me grief finally has her own two kids.  She decided on some things to get and is shipping it. she then screenshot me her order and said literally "i bought you three things: one off your registry and two you won't be able to live without."  The two things that we supposedly can't live without are things we registered for different versions of...aka the products we WANTED!  Let's cross our fingers for a gift receipt! This is where I'm feeling guilty for being annoyed. I know she means well but...we built OUR registry, not yours!  I just responded "thank you and can't wait to see you!" SMH.

• @wkuandrea Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out Once Upon a Child and see if they'll help me out. :smile:
  • leighbrek said:
    @rooonilwaazlib @ms_stevens87
    Not to try to stress you out or anything... But very few people bought stuff off my registry. I have a shit ton of newborn size summertime onesies for my due-in-January baby. I got lots of books, some toys... But yup, mostly newborn clothes. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I was a bit sad. The baby will probably never wear those clothes because they're not warm, and I likely can't return anything because I don't have gift receipts. 
    Good luck.
    Things are picking up speed on my registry. Maybe everybody I know is just last min shoppers? 🤞🏻🙌🏻
  • ersh1010 said:
    @rooonilwaazlib @ms_stevens87 I don't get that,  are you inviting a lot of people who have never had children? Im definitely the last of my friends to have kids and I have always understood that buying a gift because it's needed/ wanted is preferred over cute and fun. I hope if people go rogue you get stuff you can return with or without gift receipts! Enjoy,  I can't wait for my shower in 2 weeks. Im currently traking down the slackers that didn't respond
    Almost every person coming has at least one child. So I’m hoping that it’s just people procrastinating. 🤞🏻