December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/28-11/3

I figured I'd start a randoms thread! I know most of us have been posting ours on facebook, but for those of us who aren't on there..

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
BFP: 4/20/2018
EDD: 12/29/2018

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/28-11/3

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie sounds good to me honestly. I think last week in my check in it was just me and @echo-charlietango who checked in.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CecilB93 I think mine had 4 check in. I'm sad this group has died down so much since the great migration. I'll miss all the birth announcements and the birth story threads.

• Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited October 2018
    @AdorkablePixie oh are you not on FB?? Dang it!!  :'( but yea, I've been trying to check in here still, and I know maybe a couple others have, but a ton of people just abandoned TB when we moved. I'm pretty sure we agreed somewhere though to keep TB active at least until after babies are born, so I'll continue to check in here at least until then :) 

ETA no you're on FB, I thought so lol. I guess I'm confused what you mean by missing birth stories and announcements?
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options

@CecilB93 lol Sorry for the confusion! No, I meant on here. Just the organization of it all and people posting their own separate birth stories, though I guess we will still see that on FB too. I think we did agree that we would stay active over here until the babies are born, but most of us haven't. :( I try to check in at least a couple of times a week.

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie It's a lot to keep up with both fb and to keep posting on/checking TB.  I've tried to do a few posts a week over here still.  I hope people still post birth announcements here.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd Oh I know, I agree. I'll go a couple of days forgetting to check back here because I'm on facebook and it's SO MUCH EASIER!

• Options
    Hello!  It's so hard for me to keep up on FB right now while at work.  At least when I'm on my desktop, it LOOKS like I'm working.   >:) I'm good with just 1 mass check in each week!  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I also agree with one mass check-in each week!

Otherwise, yes, participation here has greatly dropped since migration. I've been popping in at least twice each day to check my messages and participate...but there hasn't been much to say. I would like to see more activity here again, but I understand the annoyance of posting here when FB is simply easier.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I also agree with one mass check-in each week!

Otherwise, yes, participation here has greatly dropped since migration. I've been popping in at least twice each day to check my messages and participate...but there hasn't been much to say. I would like to see more activity here again, but I understand the annoyance of posting here when FB is simply easier.
    Personally I'm able to keep up better here at the moment over FB. I feel like everyone posts on the daily FB thread just to post something...here has been easier for me to filter thru while waiting for FB to slow down a bit lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 FB does get overwhelming some days! The app has been bugging me (displaying false double posts, or not showing me where I've been mentioned) but they're total FWP. I find this organization better also, albeit easier on desktop :grimace:

Anniversary
  • Options
    I’ve been guilty of dropping off but I’m still checking. I am finding it harder than I thought to post in both places without being repetitive so that’s why I haven’t been so active. I’ll try to be better!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    Last week, I did find the time to lurk hardcore on the March "calling all lurkers" thread.  It was pretty popcorn-worthy!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Ah! I was actually trying to remember what other thread was recently recommended for light reading :lol: I'll probably get into that one tomorrow.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I just ruined my dinner by eating a giant cookie and mug of milk #NoRagrets
    I’ll still cook and eat spaghetti, but damn, that cookie hit the spot. LO agrees and has been extra active :cookie:

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have truly enjoyed you ladies' encouragement and advice through this journey.  I was looking forward to advancing with everyone but it seems I didnt comment enough or post enough. When in fact, I was informed by one of the admins that they do recognize me and have learned alot about me. I cried reading the decision to deny me in the Facebook group and my hubby saw me crying and I had to explain. When I was done we both sat in sadness realizing how when my skin color was unknown I was safe but I quickly became unsafe, not granted entry and all of a sudden "I don't comment enough" when it became apparent that I was black. I told myself I'd move on and not comment but then I realized I needed this practice of standing up for what's right in order to be a better role model for my daughter. Thanks and many blessings to your newborns. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm definitely guilty of not posting as often on here anymore, even though I lurk every couple of days. I kind of feel like I’m doing a meh job participating in both forums, especially with how active FB can get. I guess I’m shy about posting unless I feel like I have something interesting or relevant to say/contribute. All I do everyday is park myself in front of the TV, cruise Netflix and browse the net; I tend to not have a lot to write about, but I try.  

Hey @blueberrysmommy25. Most of us are not privy to the details behind the decision, but as I understand the system (and echo’s note to you) it’s possibly just for now. Things can change. If you would like to, I’d really like to get to know you on this forum and perhaps be in a position to vouch for you. 

On that note, I’m going to commit to being more active on here again. 
  • Options
    @blueberrysmommy25 I'm sorry you were denied. I'm not on the FB group either, but I haven't tried to join. Regardless, you don't deserve to be treated poorly.

I haven't been very active on the bump with this baby because I hate the format of this board, and the stupid C&P response that has been put when someone actually makes a post with an interesting title. I've come back in 3rd trimester, hoping those people moved onto FB and we can make posts on different issues and topics. I don't mind jumping in on a post about hip pain, but I will never open a questions thread with 6 pages. 

• Options
    @barristerninja Don’t worry about doing a “meh job” in both forums, it takes a lot of effort that I don’t have everyday either :grimace:

@EloiseWeenieSkipperdee I’m sorry that you think we mods are treating anyone poorly! I probably can’t change your mind either, just rest assured that skin color had nothing to do with our decision. The format here does leave a lot to be desired, but c’est la vie, just one of the dangers of using free platforms.
    Regardless, I hope you stick around and keep posting too!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the mass check in idea. I have been trying to stay active on here, too. However, I don’t want to post duplicate randoms and I don’t have an appointment this week, so other than the due date check in, I haven’t been posting much, but I will try to do better. 
    @blueberrysmommy25 I’m sorry to hear that you feel you were discriminated against. However, I really feel like the mods are doing their best to keep it to active posters for security reasons.
  • Options
    I am in a super busy period at work right now with tons of deadlines and talks coming up. Between that and The Dreaded Sickness, I am having a hard time posting in either place. Thumbs up on the mass checkin. I’ve been posting some weeks in my due date week but it’s shrinking.

• Options
    So [too] much reflecting to do in the coming days leading up to election day. I love Indiana, but I also hate Indiana. :tired_face:  
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 Same! The guy running under the party I want to vote for is scum. I can’t believe they’re running him, but alas...politics. Don’t want to vote for the other party’s guy either. Bah.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 I feel ya, girl.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave