1st Trimester
Options

Period, then BFP?

Posting on this forum since I got angry responses on the TTC forum.  I don't think I am actually part of the 1st trimester group.

Hi!  I have been TTC for ~1 year now.  On CD26 of my 100mg Clomid (days 3-7) cycle, I started my period.  I have never started early in my life, all OPKs had been negative but I had signs of late ovulation (I would've guessed maybe CD18-20)...I chalked the early period up to Clomid.  It was a really weird period -- started with brown/pink discharge for about a day, then switched to bright red clotless blood for a few days and did get pretty heavy (definitely no question at this point that I had a period, though I never did get clots).  I e-mailed my gyno to ask if I should count the brown discharge day as CD1 and start my next round of Clomid and she said yes.  On CD10 I noticed some really light brown spotting (assumed ovulation spotting) and then on CD11 noticed bright red clotless spotting when I wiped (this went away pretty quickly).  I decided to take a pregnancy test for peace of mind and BFP!  I took a 2nd one and BFP as well!  Unfortunately all this happened on the weekend and I haven't heard from the gyno yet.  From obsessive googling this weekend, my best guess is that I had a chemical pregnancy and unfortunately the BFP is still just detecting HCG.  But I'm surprised I would still have enough HCG to turn a non-FRER test positive on CD11!  Regardless...the continued spotting and taking another round of clomid would both be pretty concerning if I am pregnant:/  I am not asking if I am pregnant, but has anyone had something similar happen?

Re: Period, then BFP?

• Loading the player...