February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 10/27 & 10/28

Re: Weekend Randoms 10/27 & 10/28

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fave part of the weekend is getting up but not having to get ready or rush and go somewhere. DH is up and about right away at his usual weekday time (aka super early), and does a good job keeping quiet to not disturb me. Already told him many times that this baby will take after his morning bird self, and that they should use that as bonding time  :D  
    (Looking fwd to seeing how this works out, hope I don’t jinx myself)
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays, DH cannot lie in bed once he's awake, we joke that he gets horizontalitis, and I wholeheartedly look forward to taking advantage of that! As a kid my mum and dad had some kind of deal to that effect, I'm sure. I think it'll work! 
  • Options
    I am looking forward to later this morning because SO and my DS will go to DS' swim class without me, so I can go to a specific prenatal yoga class with an awesome teacher that I went to weekly when I was pregnant with DS but have not been to this pregnancy. (I went to another one on another day a couple of times but that was now months ago.).  I need it so badly!! Cannot wait. 
  • Options
    Enjoy it @sjnsjnsjn! I'm between sessions right now and I miss it. I had no idea prenatal yoga would be so nice. 
  • Options
    I’m so much loving prenatal yoga. I was never a yoga person before this. I have a wonderful instructor that I go to every Sunday, and I swear every time it cures all my pregnancy aches and pains for a few days. I miss it so badly in the middle of the week, and I try to do YouTube yoga, but it’s not the same. 
  • Options
    +1 for prenatal yoga, only 4 more weeks left of mine :(.  I wish it was more than once a week but it's only offered every monday where i go.. booo.
  • Options
    @jessier19- The actual class and good instructor experience is so key. My SO and I have been doing living room yoga, either me-directed or doyogawithme, and while I love it and love that we do it together, the prenatal class is definitely special.
  • Options
    Kids were awake before 6. I was too. Stupid cold has me so congested I can't breathe. I made DH get out of the tree stand this morning to come back and deal with the satellite repair guys. He was pissed until he saw me balled up on the couch. Now he's doing the grocery run with one of the older boys. I have the other one cleaning his room and I'm watching the Johnny Depp version of Charlie and the chocolate factory with my youngest. 
  • Options
    My plan for today is to paint the nursery, or at least part of it. DH comes home on Friday and I want to surprise him. But right now I'm mindlessly browsing my phone and cuddling with the dog. Motivation, where are you?
  • Options
    Heading to Atlantic City for my moms birthday tonight and me and my DH got into stupid fight this morning.  We disagree on ways to discipline DS.  My husband thinks yelling and saying no repeatedly and taking away things that have already been given for good behavior makes sense.  He says I’m spoiling DS because I talk calmly and try to redirect.  I finally hit a boiling point this morning because DH is tormenting DS by doing his hair (for what reason? It’s fine and doesn’t need hairspray and gel) and DS was crying.  DH gets mad and says he can’t have his toys because he’s not listening etc etc and im just like you yelling and taking things away is clearly not working it’s time for a new approach.

then DH says he’s DISGUSTED by our sons behvaior and throws a tantrum himself to which I said you’re 33 and he’s 3, time for everyone to act their damn age.  Ugh!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh boy, @danixbanani24... Sounds like your H needs to take a chill pill. 
  • Options
    We’re going to a wedding this afternoon, H still needs to go get fitted and buy a dress shirt. Good thing he’s still sitting on his ass under a blanket, watching Netflix.  :|
  • Options
    We traveled to Chicago this weekend to visit friends. One hour time change means DD woke up at 5 am here. Fingers crossed she takes a good nap because I need one too
  • Options
    I'm working at the library all day. Then I'll be cleaning the house. FUN!
    We signed up to do Trunk or Treat tomorrow at our church, and I'm looking forward to that. We're decorating our Outback in a camping theme, since that'll be super easy and we don't have to buy or make anything. I'm going to be the boring person, though. Rather than candy, I bought packets of mini pretzels and mini boxes of raisins. Pretty sure the kids will all throw things at me for giving them non-candy things. :lol: 
  • Options
    @becks_726 I am so stealing horizontalitis! That’s exactly what it is lol 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 - FWIW, my kids love raisins and pretzels. They ate the raisins from our daycare’s trunk or treat before any candy. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Yeah I think that if I was a kid, I would welcome the pretzels. Good to have something salty amongst the over abundance of sugar!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24- That sucks.  Is he open to learning about other methods? We read "No Bad Kids," and found a lot of it helpful. Or is he the type that is not open to the notion that he doesn't know everything about healthy parenting already?  Hopefully it's the former!

@nursemom913- Welcome to Chicago! Hope the kiddo time-corrects and that you have a great stay here. :)

Yoga class was fantastic and I thought my SO might be a little resentful about not having help this morning at swim school or for lunch back here, but nope! Everyone is in a great mood. Probably because he's going to NIN show with friends tonight. Whatever the reason, 👍
  • Options
    DH and I purged a shitton of our kids toys in our basement playroom this morning. They have so much crap they don’t even use so buh bye! 

Precisley why weve asked people to give experiences over toys over toys for gifts. It’s insane. 

Bonus: we found a tub of 6-18 month baby toys down there! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits genius. I’m stealing that idea. 
  • Options
    Mission winter jacket, a success! Was hoping I wouldn't need one and that I'd fit in my regular over the last 3 months but alas, it was skin tight last night when I wore it and baby wasn't having it.
  • Options
    cali1710cali1710 member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: sonehow it posted twice. 
  • Options
    Halloween hasn't really been much of a thing for us in New Zealand.  We moved to a new suburb earlier this year, though, and our new next door neighbours' kids have decided they will be treat or treating, so we are excited to start a new tradition (for us) and have a pumpkin bucket full of Chupa Chups ready for them to plunder!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Chupa Chups are my fave!! @febmum I usually get them when traveling, but not when home, which makes them very special!!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 sorry your husband is acting that way! I second the suggestion that you both read “No Bad Kids” as @sjnsjnsjn recommended. It really has some good info in it and it also helps you understand things from your child’s perspective and therefore have more empathy and patience with them. I feel like it really got my husband and I on the same page disipline wise as well as lead us to some meaningful discussions. 
  • Options
    I started watching a new show on Netflix a Schitt’s Creek. Anyone watched it? So basically I’ve been sitting on my butt and watching tv. I’ve felt so puny the last few days. I had my flu shot Monday and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. I don’t feel sick; just really run down.

Tomorrow we’re supposed to go to a pumpkin patch 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 Schitt's Creek is hilarious! I was hesitant to watch it at first because it looked like a predictable cliche show, but it's not like that at all. I love it!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Ugh @danixbanani24 I'm in the same boat with my DH. It's hard for me to say things though because my way doesn't always work either. I have said things a few times when I felt like he was being excessive. I feel like I have too much empathy and he has too little lol. Like, I remember what it was like to be a kid! I see where DD is coming from. I feel like DH just doesn't think about that. Even when I have mentioned it he says "well, she has to learn..." Luckily (I guess) DD is usually a pretty easy-going kid, though I do worry she'll turn out like me and not challenge authority enough. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons bahaha! Hope he didn't make you late  :D and you guys had a great time!
  • Options
    Have y'all seen this?  :D I could totally see DD doing this. Unfortunately now that she's almost 5 she's a little "wiser" and choosier about her toy selections -_- Though she does love a good empty cardboard box and some crayons now and then...

All to say, don't worry too much about the toys in the beginning!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/esther-anderson-baby-toys-vs-random-things-video_n_5bd318f7e4b0a8f17ef6d8e4
  • Options
    @notthecheat - That’s awesome because it is SO true. My kids have always been fascinated by things like the remote and coasters and my hair brush. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @danixbanani24 - Oof. Parenting is hard enough that you don’t need someone fighting you on how you react to the crazy. 

I know that in rhe moment I let DH ado his thing and then have a chat much later about how it was handled. Would that work? 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 of course it also gave me a mini heart attack as a ftm that DD would go after the random things- "choking hazards! So many germs!" But it was also amusing and endearing at the same time
  • Options
    @okayestmom12- Totally agree on the "who needs toys." Hairbrush and remote definitely get top billing around here!
  • Options
    @ginger1228 and @grebretso I LOVE Schitt's creek.  Honestly even though I'm Canadian I'm not usually a fan of Canadian TV cause it normally is sorta lame, this show is amazing and I love everything about it.