May 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check in Week of 10/23

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5. Any milestones coming up? 

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  

Re: PGAL Check in Week of 10/23

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 12w4d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally okay, physically awful, my nausea has come back with a vengeance. Hopefully it goes away for good in the next couple of weeks. 

3. Any appointment updates? Not until Nov 2nd

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really

5. Any milestones coming up? Our due date with our loss was around Halloween, so that’s coming up fast

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  I’m hoping after our anatomy scan. We haven’t told too many people yet, we thought about announcing on Halloween but I’d rather wait until after our next appt Nov 2nd, and if we wait until then I feel like we might as well just wait to announce until after the anatomy scan. Soooo yes PGAL has definitely affected my decision in wanting to share our news. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you?  10+6

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Still super nervous emotionally.  Nausea off and on.  Starting to feel a little better but weaning off progesterone so nervous about that too. 

3. Any appointment updates?  This is the first week I haven’t had an appt since the beginning of pregnancy.  It feels like it will be years before next week.  Praying all is still good with this baby. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Can’t think of anything specific.

5. Any milestones coming up? We are past all of our milestones so in uncharted territory after a loss.  I miss the ignorant bliss I had with my daughter. 

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?   I honestly don’t think I will feel safe until this baby is born.  I have not refrained from telling people as I have needed the support throughout this journey.  I have not and don’t know if I will announce on Facebook. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    keighty80keighty80 member
    edited October 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? 10 Weeks 

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I think I'm starting to have some RLP and I'm exhausted all. the. time., Emotionally, I'm feeling okay...still nervous about everything. But I just keep thinking...2 more weeks, 2 more weeks...(then they can stitch me and I'll feel much better)

3. Any appointment updates? Nope, just have my first MFM appointment on 11/08

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really!

5. Any milestones coming up? Just can't wait until 12 weeks!

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  I think I'll feel much "safer" when I can get my cerclage. That will be (hopefully) in the next 3-4 weeks. I just hope this babe stays good until then....my PGAL brain has made it so I don't want to tell before 12 weeks, but I think I'll be announcing on Halloween if all looks well (I'll be 11 weeks). I told my work this week because I'll have to take a day off to get my cerclage and I wanted to let them know. A perk of that, is that we have ultrasound machines and trained sonographers so they will scan me whenever I want, just to put my mind at ease. I'm going to have them scan me this Friday before we announce next week, just to make sure everything looks okay. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 9+2

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally raw. I've been crying during happy and sad and family oriented commercials which is normal, I suppose. This morning though, I've been emotionally overwhelmed. Physically, my OB found a large cyst of fluid attached to my ovary and it's uncomfortable since it's gotten bigger. I'm exhausted from normal pregnancy symptoms and just being uncomfortable all day long. 

3. Any appointment updates? Next appointment is 11/6

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None yet.

5. Any milestones coming up? We hadn't seen or heard a heartbeat with our last two pregnancies so we're past our loss points at this point. As @bpietronicco said, it feels like uncharted territory. I feel like I've lost my map.

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  I'm hoping to feel safer after the 12 week mark. We have planned to tell DH's dad's side of the fam the weekend before Thanksgiving and mom's side the weekend after Thanksgiving. My side is a little more complicated but I'll probably facetime with everyone I can before posting on FB in early December. I was talking with my sister last night on the phone and she kept making hints about her not being able to wait until I get pregnant again. I almost blurted it out but I just couldn't.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? Almost 12

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally pretty good. Physically doing better. The nausea has gone away during the day but it still returns each night around 8:00. 

3. Any appointment updates? NT scan on Monday!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really. Just wishing for the next few weeks to go by quickly. I want to get to the point where we know the sex so we can discuss names and I really want to feel this babe moving. It’s my favorite part of being pregnant. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Passed our milestones

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  Being PGAL has definitely affected when we tell people. Babe seems to be doing well and I’m still nervous to tell people. We have told family and close friends. I think we may do an announcement on Halloween. That will be two days after our NT scan. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 9w today

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Gassy & sassy. Extremely tired and I still need pancakes in my life.

3. Any appointment updates? I see the OB for the 1st time today & another U/S.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?  not really

5. Any milestones coming up? Last time I was with a different OB. So this time I've had earlier appointments. I had a good 9+4 appointment last time. Today I am 9 weeks. Last time I found out when I went back 2 weeks later for blood work for the harmony test. So I am now booking elective U/S appointments to go to in between. 

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  I told my parents a lot sooner this time and some close friends. If something were to happen again, it would be easier for me to have their support. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 10w5d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, I’m still exhausted and nauseous. I was barely able to eat at all yesterday. Emotionally, I am feeling a lot better. I think feeling so sick makes me worry less to be honest. 

3. Any appointment updates? Nothing until next week

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I think DS might be getting sick and has been waking up in the MOTN. I don’t know if I can handle another night of little sleep. I’m hoping he takes a good nap today so I can rest. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Passed our loss milestone 

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  We may start telling people after my NT scan next week, but I’m not sure. The only family we’ve told is my dad (my mom passed away) and I just told DH to tell his parents whenever, but I didn’t want to be included in the conversation. We told our families right away last time, so being PGAL definitely makes me more hesitant to tell anyone. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 11w1day

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically - still nauseas. Emotionally- freaking out about the NT and genetic testing 

3. Any appointment updates? NT Monday 10/29

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Tired of the puking

5. Any milestones coming up? Just 2nd tri

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  
    When I’m holding a healthy baby in May basically. We haven’t told basically anyone. 😑
  • Options
    @missy052819 love the gassy & sassy! I feel you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 10+1

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically getting over a sinus cold. Had some cramping and what I can only explain as uterus pressure most of the day yesterday, along with some pains. I had myself fully convinced that this was the beginning of the end and went into panic mode. I drank a ton of water and took a nap and felt a little better. Can still kind of feel tightness today, I think I was maybe just a little dehydrated and having normal stretching pains. 🤞

3. Any appointment updates? Nope. See OB next week. First Doppler check. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? My rant above was probably sufficient. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Officially past my milestones

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  When I have a healthy baby. Although I will feel a lot of relief when I can start feeling baby move around. We’ve slowly been telling people close to us. I had to email HR per request from my boss yesterday too. PGAL brain plus symptoms yesterday had me guilting myself that it was my fault for telling people, and how could I be so stupid again. Not logical or ok, but that’s where my brain went. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 11w3d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? stressed out

3. Any appointment updates?  I just found out I have a 6 cm fibroid after some bleeding I had on Monday.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Why cant pregnancy be easy?

5. Any milestones coming up? Today was supposed to be my c-section.

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period?  I was just starting to feel ok and boom blood, and now the fibroid I don't want to tell anyone, but its getting hard to hide.  We haven't told anyone yet which is kind of weird we've always shared the news pretty early on.
  • Options
    My appointment went well, we still had a heart beat. Yay. I go back to the OB in 4 weeks--why are you so far away! However I got a referral for 1st trimester screening, I just have to see if I want to do it & what my insurance will cover. My prior OB did the NIPT in the office & actually gave me information such as insurance codes. What to do, what to do! I am scheduling "heartbeat sessions" at one of those cute little sonogram places. Would it be obsessive to go every week? Asking for a friend... :p  (I think it's the only way I'll make it to my 13w appt on Nov.20th)

• Options
    My appointment went well, we still had a heart beat. Yay. I go back to the OB in 4 weeks--why are you so far away! However I got a referral for 1st trimester screening, I just have to see if I want to do it & what my insurance will cover. My prior OB did the NIPT in the office & actually gave me information such as insurance codes. What to do, what to do! I am scheduling "heartbeat sessions" at one of those cute little sonogram places. Would it be obsessive to go every week? Asking for a friend... :p  (I think it's the only way I'll make it to my 13w appt on Nov.20th)
    @missy052819 girl...tell your "friend" that she is not alone :p . I plan on getting a scan every week at my work until I can start doing kick counts on this kid. We've gotta do whatever we can to keep the PGAL brain in check! 

• Options
    @keighty80 I will tell that "friend" of mine haha :D

• Options
    oh and I caved &B ordered a doppler, with 2 day shipping. I'll be sitting by the mailbox Saturday with snacks. 

• Options
    @troystory17 thinking of you!
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 12w today

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I feel mostly good all around. Still can't quite shake nerves even though we are past our loss date and have had two great u/s.

3. Any appointment updates? NIPT on Monday! I think I will feel a lot better after that, even though I had an u/s just a week and a half ago.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing extreme one way or the other. I wish I could control eating, and I wish I could get inspired to exercise and stretch. My joints (hips and knees in particular) are sore and stiff. And I know that will only get worse.

5. Any milestones coming up? We've passed them now.

6. GTKY: When do you think you will feel "safe" with this pregnancy? Has being PGAL affected your decision to tell people before this time period? So, we already announced to everyone after our second good u/s, but I think I still feel scared. I have known too many people who have gone into their 12 week appointments and suddenly, baby was gone. I'm just trying to have faith.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options

@aels12 I'm so sorry about the nausea! I hope it's short lived.

@bpietronicco Yes, ignorance was bliss. It's so different this time around :(

@keighty80 What a great resource! I hope they'll be able to ease your mind through it!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    9+4

Occasionally nauseous, often tired.  SUPER ANXIOUS.  This is my milestone week, and today I had some spotting (first wiped brown, then red a few minutes later).  Of course this happened late afternoon, after the last possible u/s appt at my clinic.

I was scheduled for an u/s Friday afternoon, but we bumped that up to tomorrow morning due to the spotting today.  It means that the appt will be with just a tech, and not my favorite NP.

Lots of things to rant and rave about this week, but too anxious.  It's been an emotional week, separate from pregnancy, but pregnancy make it 1000x more.

Like I said above, this is my milestone week (mmc, baby stopped developing at ~9+2)

I don't know if I ever feel safe.  I know two people who had stillbirths at full term (one a fluke infection, the other a cord issue), and those stick with you.  I know that I will feel better when I can feel bonafide kicks, but that is a ways off.  Being PGAL totally impacts our telling people.  With DD (after the first loss), we told a few people around 12wks but waited until 16wks to make the big announcement, and posted it from the parking lot of the doctor's office after an appointment, so we could be sure that things were going ok.  It was pretty much as far as we could push it, because I needed to start wearing maternity pants.  I think this time is going to be the same.
  • Options
    @optbaby2017 Sending good thoughts your way for a healthy ultrasound. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    @optbaby2017 That is great news!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    Congrats on the great appointment @optbaby2017!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    9+3
    Physically still have my bad moments that keep me feeling I’m still pregnant.
    Panorama draw tomorrow. 

Well I broke down and bought a Doppler. Of course I couldn’t hear the heartbeat yet. I’m praying my OB doesn’t try the Doppler I’m me at my appt in Wednesday and tries the ultrasound.

‘Monday is 10 weeks- the day I started bleeding during my first MC.  

I never felt safe with DD, but I feel like I may have it easier this time. I’m thinking  that I may feel ok after I get the NIPT tests back. But I just don’t know. I’ve been pretty open this time. My entire family and my close coworkers know. I’ve  always been open about my MCs so I feel like if I lose this one, I’d be okay with everyone knowing. But deep down I know how painful it would be to tell everyone. Though in a lot of ways it’s a lot worse for people not to know before they hear i miscarried.