Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Missed Miscarriage

i am experiencing my first missed miscarriage with my first pregnancy. 13 weeks gestational today but baby measures 10weeks. Found out at my U/S screening test today. What a nightmare today has been. Emotions are running high and I am so greatful for all the support my loved ones have given so far. However, I have been passing brown discharge for the past three days. I am considering a D&C (suction) for next week if I don’t naturally pass. I am feeling all sorts and would like some advice if anyone has insight to my situation. Thank you xx

Re: Missed Miscarriage

• hnwegnerhnwegner member
    edited October 2018
    I have never posted on here before, but my heart goes out to you. Personally I found out Wednesday the 17th that our 10 week old baby stopped growing at 9+4. We have been ttc for 2.5 years and this was our first sticky baby (one previous chemical pregnancy).

I had a D&C on Friday. Physically it wasn’t horrible but emotionally I was a wreck. The reason we choose that route is because I needed to know the baby would be out because with natural miscarriage it isn’t guaranteed when the baby will pass, or if it will all pass with the induction/nature’s course. My best friend did cytotec & passed her baby but some placenta remained so she had the D&C after all. 

Overall I am glad we did the D&C. It has been painless for me and very little blood. I know that’s not everyone’s experience but I just wanted to share mine. 
  • I’m so sorry for your loss.  I have had 3 d & c and chose that route for similar reasons.  I needed it to be over so I could move forward emotionally and physically and it could take a while if natural.  I also was concerned about retaining tissue so I opted for d & c.  All 3 were painless and I was back to normal activity same day.  I just took it easy for a couple weeks though.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @hmcnany2016 @hnwegner @Mack2342 I am so sorry for your losses. I am currently going through my 2nd miscarriage. The first was already happening naturally by the time the ultrasound confirmed it so we continued naturally and everything worked out. This time I was measuring 2 weeks behind and they found no movement or heartbeat. We decided to go with the cytotec. We have also been trying for 2.5 years (and now doing IVF) and the doctor said with a D&C they recommend waiting 3 months until trying again. That is why we chose the pill route because they said (if it works) we would only need one month before we can try again. So hopefully it does because I agree, I want to physically move on because it helps with emotionally moving forward.
  • @rozpre with my d & cs I was told to wait for first AF then we could try.  It might be different bc of IVF I don’t know.   
  • @Mack2342 same for me. After AF the the doctor okayed us to continue trying. 

I’m sorry for all your losses ladies. It certainly makes me even less inclined to want to see a BFP for myself in the future; particularly the anxiety I’ll have between ultrasounds. I already had it this go round— and my fears became justified.