June 2019 Moms

BF Monday!

Let it all out ladies! 

Re: BF Monday!

• I'm not doing a big birthday party for DS this year.  I did one last year and I didn't get to enjoy it AT ALL.  So this year we're just having cake with grandparents, aunts, and uncles and it's going to be on a Sunday.  MIL informed DH that she's going to stay over Sunday night.  I have to work on Monday, so this means I now get zero decompress time after the party before I have to go to work on Monday.  Half the reason I did it on Sunday was so they wouldn't stay the night after the party.  And of course DH just said sure no problem without asking me first.  So now I get to deal with my MIL and step FIL getting drunk at my house on Sunday night because they're alcoholics (and will bring their own booze, so not having any available doesn't work).  All while I'm fake drinking because I don't want them to know I'm pregnant yet.  UGH.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll that is really annoying. It sucks the YH already said yes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll that’s terrible! Is there a way your H can renege and tell them to stay elsewhere??
  • @shamrocandroll I’m so sorry! That’s the absolute worst. I hope your DH can make up for it by doing something like all the clean up after the party. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I wish. They live 3 hours away, and they have never once offered to stay elsewhere  They will also complain the whole time, and won't lift a finger to help  I plan on putting DS to bed and then retreating to my room for some Netflix and wind down time before my work week. I need my Sunday night me time. Luckily DH is pretty good at cleaning up, and he's extra nice to me when I'm pregnant. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll hahaha, mine is about MH doing an unwanted in-laws invite, too! Apparently he invited my SIL and her family (including small children) to join us for Thanksgiving, and forgot to tell me they were coming until now. So we now have my whole family, my MIL, PLUS SIL and her family??? None of whom know I'm KU, and all of whom will expect me to do the whole hostess deal with a clean house with spaces and beds for everyone, and feeding everyone. 
  • @spacepiraterunner UGH! Why are they so clueless sometimes? I found some non-alcoholic wine last time that looks just like red wine (but tastes like feet) and my plan is to do a switcheroo and just slowly sip on the fake stuff and hopefully no one notices. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Welches sparkling white grape juice. swap out bottle night before and put it to chill. no one will know the difference 
  • I'm half way around the world, jet lagged, exhausted and nauseous, trying to help a client who seems to not care about at all about the project, except in how it will boost their career(s). I'm in impact investing and seeing people who don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves is very demotivating. Makes me want to pack up and go home right now.
  • @shamrocandroll and @spacepiraterunner ugh that’s so annoying that they would do that before talking to you first.
  • @marijaa333 that sounds so frustrating! (Your job sounds amazing, though). Keep fighting the good fight because we need more good in the world (even if the motivation for doing it is totally selfish and awful).
  • @allydsal That would work well... if I drank white wine.  I think me drinking white wine would raise suspicion in itself.  But this de-alcoholized red wine trick worked like a charm last time, so I'll just suffer through it and go to bed early.  ;)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll and @spacepiraterunner Oh I would be so pissed if DH did that!  I don't like having company at the best of times, even usually people that I like!  Hiding with Netflix in your room sounds like a brilliant idea.

@marijaa333 That sounds very frustrating. I hope you aren't stuck there too long.

• My coworkers are driving me NUTS today. First off, I had three coworkers stop me and say something along the lines of "Are you ok? You look tired" (aka you look like crap). Yes, people, I'm tired because I'm growing a small human inside of me!!!! (Though none of you know this yet)

Second, my one coworker can be so incredibly rude sometimes. We were sitting in a meeting talking and while I was mid-sentence she goes "Sorry - I don't know what you're talking about, I wasn't paying attention". Well, gee, thanks!

I know I'm just hormonal and these things wouldn't normally bother me, but today I am over it.
  • @bakerstreetboys @spacepiraterunner thanks so much. I just changed my ticket and am returning a day early, on Friday. Can't wait to be nauseous in my own bed! :p@spacepiraterunner love your name!!
  • Without a backstory this won’t mean much, but someone in my team at work put in a formal complaint because I “always shut him down and make him feel insignificant in our team.”

UMM EXCUSE ME! I shut him down because sometimes his ideas are stupid. Just because you’ve run a system the way it’s currently run for 5 years doesn’t mean it’s the right way to run it. Just because you have an idea doesn’t automatically mean that it’s the right thing to do. You can’t just make pipework changes to improve manual handling without taking into consideration process impacts. If I have his philosophy for what is reportable behaviour I would have reported every single person I’ve ever worked with!!

UGH! I’m so infuriated. I literally go out of my way to be nice to him and make sure I ask him how our operations teams do things before asking the ops guys themselves, even though he’s often very wrong and has burnt me so many times by giving me wrong information!

Bring on my maternity leave is all I can say. I’m so over my workplace. I have a claus in my contract where I have to pay back all relocation assistance if I leave before 2 years and I was actually going to hand my notice in to leave after this period until I found out I was pregnant so now I’m stuck here for another 6 months. Can’t not take advantage of the maternity leave - 6 months full pay or 12 months half pay!  
  • @wiseh first off, your maternity leave is amazing! Second - I have a coworker JUST like that and it's SO infuriating dealing with.
  • @wearyfuzzball Okay, your colleague is beyond rude. That makes me angry for you. 
  • @wearyfuzzball amazing how some men just cannot handle strong, opinionated women or can't handle being shut down at work. Meanwhile, women have to deal with being ignored, talked over, interrupted etc CONSTANTLY. God, it makes me so mad. Your coworker sounds horrible but at least your maternity leave is awesome. 
  • @wearyfuzzball people are so stupid sometimes. But, that maternity leave is unreal. I'm anxious they're not going to want me to take 12 weeks, but you better believe I will be. 
  • @wiseh that sounds like the most petty formal compliant ever. If I woman made that complaint so made eyes would be rolled at her. 
    But your maternity leave has me drooling. That is some fantastic leave. 
  • antera23antera23 member
    edited October 2018
    @wearyfuzzball I hate when people say you look tired. It’s such an insult! 

@wiseh  your coworker sounds infuriating. But thank goodness for your maternity leave. I guarantee all of us here in the US are jealous, lol. 
  • @wearyfuzzball i got the "you look tired" comment from a coworker yesterday too.  I think my coworker meant it as a suggestion to go and rest (we are on a business trip and the days are long) but it still didn't help me feel better.
  • I was supposed to get a new computer two weeks ago. I got it Friday with multiple programs not installed and had to take my old one back. The IT guy has had so many different random excuses that just don't add up. I just want to say, if you don't know what you are done please just tell your boss. This is getting old. 
  • @jhems776 our IT guy where I work is borderline incompetent. I don't think he has any real IT training, I get the impression that he just kind of fell into this job and is in over his head. It's SO frustrating. I work with 90% people who are NOT computer competent, so I don't think many people notice. But I'm pretty tech savvy and half the time, he doesn't even know what I'm asking. Look, bud, if I've come to you, then I've probably tried all the things you're about to tell me. So lets just skip to step 6. 
  • @jhems776 @ShadeofGreen816 sadly, I think this happens a lot. I think it comes down to the people who are doing the hiring. It's REALLY easy to BS a technical interview with some fancy mumbo jumbo words that you found on Google.
  • @wiseh I was absolutely nodding along and getting furious on your behalf...then totally forgot about it when I saw your maternity leave policy. The US system sucks!

@wearyfuzzball so very true. Sometimes I daydream about quitting my job and doing that, because I'd get paid a lot more and also apparently it is expected that I'd be somewhat incompetent. 
  • @wearyfuzzball not necessarily. I work in IT and have been in interviews. You look like an idiot when you throw around words and don't know what they mean. But, general Help Desk IT, doesn't need a lot of tech skills. Keep tabs on windows updates, know how to plug in a computer, install software, and know how to do some Active Directory stuff.

My  BF - I am taking an empathy course at work, and it is over the course of several months with classes and 1-on-1 sessions. I just got stood up for a one on one meeting. Which goes against everything in the program. Lol irony.
  • @wearyfuzzball I am also in IT and have conducted those interviews, so I know how extremely painful they can be. Then I've also seen others who have been hired and all I can wonder is how?! But I have to disagree slightly, Helpdesk needs some level of tech skills in order to be successful in their jobs. 
  • @wearyfuzzball different organizations set things up differently, but we have entry level HD people that just go around installing stuff and setting up computers and meeting rooms. No tech stills involved besides knowing how windows works. And basic troubleshooting. We do have other tiers of support, but entry level needs very little experience. 

But yes, I know people that I've questioned how they got their job. Just today.. lol 

• @amaren-2 I think you might be shocked at the amount of people who could NOT setup a computer hah (even with detailed instructions..)