May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 10/22

Seeing lots of great updates around the board! Feel free to post here about any and all appointments this week.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Weekly Appointments 10/22

• Options
    Good luck, @eatinwatermelonseeds, on your NCLEX! You will slay it!

I have my NIPT on Friday afternoon. So excited to see this little one again! We are announcing on Facebook Friday afternoon if all looks well. Cannot wait to share with the world! 😍
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @eatinwatermelonseeds!

I had a visit today and I left feeling frustrated.  I guessed my due date to be 5/16 because of longer cycles and that exactly matched my ultrasound, bit since it was 6 days off my lmp, Dr is dating me due 5/10.  I'm upset because pushing my date up almost a week almost guarantees they will want to induce again.  (I always go over).  I tried to tell him that, but he wouldn't budge.  I live in a tiny town, so we have to see family doctors (to see an OB would be a two + hour round trip each time) and the doc who did most of the Obstetrics recently was fired. I have always seen OBs before.  He did a pap smear, but no breast exam (not that I wanted felt up, but found it odd they skipped that), genetic testing wasn't even mentioned, and they didn't mention doing a NT ultrasound either.  Luckily I've been through this rodeo, and never had complications, but I'm still a little frustrated. 

On the bright side, I did get to hear baby's heartbeat!
  • Options
    @fatmonica that would frustrate me too. I'm not even sure how you would approach that. I hope you don't need to be induced again. How long do they let you go over? 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited October 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds good luck tomorrow! You'll do great :)

@fatmonica 6 days seems like a lot. No dating ultrasound, right? Did you discuss induction? Some doctors will let you go to 42 weeks. My doctor didn't think that was a good idea and wanted to induce at 41 weeks. I think you could probably hold your doctor off until what he has as 42 weeks which would make you 41+1.

ETA: Were you tracking your cycle by any chance? I ovulated 3 weeks late, my EDD off of LMP would be end of April but I'm actually due May 17. My OB had me do betas and we looked at my chart to get the EDD (which lined up with my dating scan).

• Options
    @kvh22 I did have a dating ultrasound and was pretty confident about when I ovulated, which is why I felt frustrated.  I didn't talk to him about induction yet, but I'm planning to be pretty resistant until I'm close to 42 weeks since I know I'll really only be 41 weeks.  I'm not the best at questioning or advocating for myself though.  I'm sure it will be fine - but it sure is nice to vent. 
  • Options
    @fatmonica sorry, I see that in your first post now! So he's literally just going off of LMP and ignoring what you said AND the ultrasound? That's insanely frustrating! I understand that you're in a predicament with the location. Stay strong and advocate for yourself. Hopefully you'll go into labor at (what is actually) 40 weeks and it's a non-issue :)

• Options
    @fatmonica that’s so frustrating, it sucks you have limited options. I’d change providers so fast. I’m surprised he switched it, they usually don’t unless it’s 7 days or more. Ugh, I hope it gets all figured out for you. I’d call about the NT scan, mine was scheduled at my 8 week appointment. I know some places won’t even do them so the next scan you get is the anatomy scan. Not my cup of tea!

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Good luck! You’ll do great! 

@fatmonica That’s super frustrating, especially since the ultrasound also confirmed the due date you assumed. Surely they’ll figure out they need to change it back by the anatomy scan. 

I have my bloodwork and listening for the heartbeat via the Doppler appointment on Wednesday. I’m so excited! I just wish I was getting to see him/her too. 
  • Options
    I had an appointment today with MFM, had an ultrasound (they were finally able to see a SCH), and got blood drawn for the harmony test.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    Had an appointment yesterday and got blood drawn for the prelude test. I was a little bummed they didn’t do an ultrasound. I think I remember my OB saying they don’t do one if you get the genetic testing done, but I thought there were other things they could see on the ultrasound at 12 weeks that the testing wouldn’t show you. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

@fatmonica I’m so annoyed for you. Is there any way you can refuse the induction? It’s so strange your doctor insists on going off LMP when two stronger, more reliable signs say otherwise

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my NT scan in one hour! I'm pretty nervous/excited because this is our first peek since my OB doesn't do dating ultrasounds... hopefully everything will be on track and LO will cooperate for the scan.
    I hope it went well!!

• Options
    @brie_and_almonds Yay for a good appointment!! 

My appointment went pretty good even though we weren’t able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. We got to see baby on the ultrasound though, and all looks good. The NP said 10 weeks is still a little early to hear it, but we did with DS at 10 weeks, so I hope that’s nothing to worry about. It seems like a lot of people on here have been hearing it before 10 weeks. PGAL brain is hard. I saw the heartbeat flickering and even took a video of it, but part of me still worries that they weren’t able to pick it up with the Doppler. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @megsb615 my doctor wouldn't even listen with the Doppler at 10w4d because she said it was too early to hear anything. It's not impossible and a lot of people do, but more than likely they have more time to sit at home with their Doppler and look than a doctor might have. I personally don't have the patience so I still haven't heard it. 
  • Options
    @megsb615 It's so early and baby is so low. They didn't try the doppler for me that early. Earliest was 12 weeks (and 3 days). I'm sure they measured the HB on the ultrasound. That's what I've had done before 12 weeks (3 times now due to the dating scan and 2 SCH checks).

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds and @kvh22 Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better. Husband got on to me today for comparing my pregnancy to others, but I can’t help it sometimes haha
  • Options
    @megsb615 I completely hear you! My OB did a vaginal ultrasound at 10+3. She said they potentially could find the baby and get a good view on the abdominal ultrasound but might not so let's avoid the stress and just do the vaginal. It's a heck of a lot more advanced than the doppler so DON'T WORRY!

• Options
    @kvh22 Thats very true. Thanks for the reassurance! 
  • Options
    Sitting in my genetics appointment before my NT. I just want to see my baby bear! Ugh! So happy DH is with me though, because he missed the last US.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 let us know how it goes!

• Options
    @mrskoz428 yes, let us know (and an SCH update in that thread, too)!

I got my blood drawn yesterday in preparation for next Friday's NT scan. Last time there was an issue with the sample not being usable and I was so pissed I had to go back. Also, it was only 6 viles instead of 9 which I swear it was with DD. Maybe they've gotten more efficient? Having to do that a second time SUCKED. The guy kept asking me if I was going to faint yesterday and I was like "no, I donate blood frequently and have never fainted but I still don't want to watch the needle go in. K thanks." Already got my A1C numbers back this morning and looking good. This was where they found out I was a CF carrier last time so glad that that is behind us this time.